editor names don't save? wtf???

Level 9
So I'm having this problem with a .mod I'm making. I organized it by adding stuff in the Editor - Editor Prefix box, but when I try and load that mod in a new map, it's not saving and some of my data objects change their name.

WTF blizz... can someone help me? I'll post some pictures if it helps.

thisiswhatiwantu.jpg

wtfgbv.jpg

Level 9
I took a screen shot of the wrong map
but basically, if i open up the mod file (desert.mod) it shows everything fine, however if I load it as a dependency in another map, all the editor names and such are lost and it looks like scrn shot 2

Level 9
UPDATE: I've discovered why the names of the data changed... it seems as if the ID is being used for the name itself. SO like all my neat a pretty parentheses and stuff is lost when put into the actual name because it's only saving/using the ID.

now.. does anyone know why this is and if there's a fix?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 62
Names are all localized strings. Thus only a path to them is stored with the data, the actual text is in a separate localization specifc file. If it is failing to load the localized text (eg, if the mod was made by a US person and your using the UK client) then I guess it would exhibit that behaviour. You should still see a valid localization path if you use raw data view for all the "missing" fields, normal view probably hides missing localized text.