• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 editor - Field Length Quirk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is a tip to anyone: if you swap out your monitor, there a is a small quirk in the editor that saves the resolution value for the max width of data fields (or something like this): hence, you open the editor on your a different monitor and you're only utilizing half of the screen for certain field windows. To fix, you simply "restore down" the size of the given window (e.g Data Editor), close it, and open it again (or keep in in windowed form permanently). This small glitch may happen in different scenarios as well, but this extremely simple solution is what I found.

Here's a short story of why I care to post: I've been trying for weeks off and on - when I'm fiddling with the SC2 editor - to maximize the width of my field boxes in the data editor so I can see field strings at their full length (it's just nicer). I had them at full width on my old monitor (15"), got my new monitor which is widescreen, and boom, 1/3 of the screen is the max width for field values. What the hell. After all that trouble, I accidentally did the steps in the first paragraph. Boom.

If anyone is having trouble with this stupid quirk, try windowing your data editor! RARGHRAGH!

The attached picture is the example of the field width gain I received (I couldn't screenshot the 1/3-sized picture for it wouldn't go back so... sorry)

Hope this helps someone!

Attachments

• Screentip1.jpg
    Screentip1.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 309
Status
Not open for further replies.