• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editor gets lagged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Do you have a lot of triggers?

I remember i had this issue with a lot of if then else statements and a very long list of trigger actions.

Solution to this, try to optimize your tirggers, most of the time you can do multiple things with less triggers.

Also i can be caused by a high number of doodads and units pre placed in the map.
Solution. Remove some of the units or effects and spawn them on game start with triggers.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
My real problem it isn't the Editor begins with lag, its it eventually gets lagged.
System low on main memory? Or maybe video memory? Perhaps a video showing the issue is needed.
Once the system runs out of memory, which might not happen immediately, it could then lag periodically as the OS moves data around such as from VRAM to main memory or from main memory to page file.

If it is not memory related (task manager shows plenty of free memory on both the main memory and any discrete GPUs) then a video of the symptoms might help.

Level 23
Once the system runs out of memory, which might not happen immediately, it could then lag periodically as the OS moves data around such as from VRAM to main memory or from main memory to page file.

If it is not memory related (task manager shows plenty of free memory on both the main memory and any discrete GPUs) then a video of the symptoms might help.
I see.

Level 23
Do you have a lot of triggers?

I remember i had this issue with a lot of if then else statements and a very long list of trigger actions.

Solution to this, try to optimize your tirggers, most of the time you can do multiple things with less triggers.

Also i can be caused by a high number of doodads and units pre placed in the map.
Solution. Remove some of the units or effects and spawn them on game start with triggers.
Are you talking of the game? Because I am talking of the editor.

Level 9
No the editor.
It's just another software running, so it may be the issue Dr Super Good told you, or the excessive amount of trigger or asset into the map.

For example if there are lot of triggers and the have very long actions lists, it slow down the tirgger editor and it takes like 1 - 2 seconds to switch to a different trigger.

When you are working on the map, if the camera movement is not smooth it may be due to too much stuff in it.

Also the memory, i remember that the new version of the editor in reforged used to increase memory usage over time. For a temporary solution you can save, then close it, and re open it again as soon as it start lagging.

Level 23
No the editor.
It's just another software running, so it may be the issue Dr Super Good told you, or the excessive amount of trigger or asset into the map.

For example if there are lot of triggers and the have very long actions lists, it slow down the tirgger editor and it takes like 1 - 2 seconds to switch to a different trigger.

When you are working on the map, if the camera movement is not smooth it may be due to too much stuff in it.

Also the memory, i remember that the new version of the editor in reforged used to increase memory usage over time. For a temporary solution you can save, then close it, and re open it again as soon as it start lagging.
Ah ok, I will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.