• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Editor bug - Data Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i have several heroes each having a own learn ability.
all worked fine until now. Everytime i create a new skill, another one wont work anymore.( means the ability is just not shown on the hero anymore, nor is it working, but everything is fine) i delete the one not working, create new one replacing the old one, then ANOTHER one is not working anymore and so on and on. All abilities are having unique IDs.
I am getting really pissed and wanted to ask if any1 is facing similiar problems?

i have checked my units and abilities 100 times and it's definitly not a setting problem with req. etc!! they just start not working anymore.

edit--------edit

it's really like the ability doesn't exist anymore, it's shown in editor, all set up but ingame trigger tells me that the unit doesnt have that ability.

Level 9
as i said i checked this 100 times and the link is not broken 100%. all skills have worked before, it starts with creating a new skill (the link is still not broken after creating). it's like there is a max limit for new skills and then just removes one, but anyway i have deleted the editor.exe files and repaired it. it seems to work now, but i still would like to know why this happened.

Level 9
do you know an absolute number of abilities and behaviors?
i have 16 skills and 1 behavior on the unit. i don't think this is too much.

btw i just realized that the repair tool didn't fix the problem but if i copy the affected skill it jumps to another skill.
my only hope is to create so many abilities that ii jumps to an unused one.

Status
Not open for further replies.