• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rotating unit through data editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I am trying to rotate a structure around using just data editor (it has radar with limited arc, and I need it to sweep the area), anyone got an idea how to achieve that? I haven't found a way to modify unit rotation anyhow (I don't know abilities well, but in behaviors and effects there is nothing)

EDIT: Almost got the solution. I created a structure with no footprint, with a movement speed and added a custom move ability that has all orders, except turn, disabled. ( it has to have a movement speed, otherwise it can't move/turn at all ) Now I will just periodically order it to turn around.

EDIT2: Seems like a unit can't be rotated unless it's allowed to move. Disabling move command doesn't work at all. Is there any way to bypass that? (I had exactly the same problem in warcraft recently:grin:)

EDIT3: Finally fixed it, turned out I had to set the movement speed to something bigger than 0 AND disable movement via Behavior - modification - surpress movement. That way, unit can rotate, but not move. It can still receive right-click smart move, which doesn't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.