• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monorail Car is facing 90 off of what it should

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm trying to add movement to the monorail car, and the only problem I've run into so far is that the model is rotated 90 degrees from what it should be rotated. Ie, when it moves to the right, it faces downwards.

I've tried tinkering around with the data editor, but it doesn't seem to be having much effect.

Does anybody know how I can fix this? (preferably without having to edit the model itself.)

Level 8
The monorail car faces 90 degrees away from what it should.

I hope the attached picture can shed some light on my problem. Speaking of light, if the glow effect isn't bright enough, just let me know. ;)

Attachments

• monorailClarification.jpg
    monorailClarification.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 342
Level 8
All I did was create a unit for the monorail model. The model itself is facing the wrong way I believe.

Does face angle work if the thing is moving? It needs to be able to turn corners as well, so it can't just face a set angle.

Ideally, I just need to figure out how to add some kind of rotation offset to the unit/actor/model in the data editor.

Level 27
In Warcraft 3 people were exporting models and editing them, afterward immporting the back but with changed rotation. In Starcraft 2... you have to find a value reponsible for facing dirrection and mess arround with it, else... else if there is no such value you'll be able to do it only the old way...

Status
Not open for further replies.