• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editing Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
When you edit a post to say something new instead of dubble posting it wont show in the Subscriptions that there is a new message...
That can be quite annoying when people dont answer you.
The thing is that it would be better if people could see in the Subscriptions that someone have edited their post.

Level 34
Well if it's an old post you can just double post and bump. If it's new, people should see it anyways because it's the latest. If you mean a really old post like a page or so down, you can just make a new post stating you updated it.

Level 15
When you edit a post to say something new instead of dubble posting it wont show in the Subscriptions that there is a new message...
That can be quite annoying when people dont answer you.
The thing is that it would be better if people could see in the Subscriptions that someone have edited their post.

Doing so would would require a fair amount of extra database traffic and processing power. In the long run, it's probably not worth the time and extra processing power.

Level 34
As I said, just double post if it's been long enough.

Anyways, I think this topic is kind of dead. Samuraid answered the question.

Level 27
Not everybody will do that though. Some will edit. When an edit occurs at the end of a thread, it would be useful for people who read that thread.

I can see how updating the list for every edit in a thread could be a problem, but what about only the last post?

Status
Not open for further replies.