• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editing my model I fucked out the anims. How can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
well, when i was editing a model, for some reason (that i dont know D:) i fucked the anims and now its something really weird when anims are played.
If someone could help with this problem, i will +rep him.
I want that someone can tell me what i need to do in order to fix the problem, becouse i want to learn from my errors. I dont want someone that comes here with my model fixed, ok? i want to fix by myself with your help.
Thanks! :D

EDIT: forgot to give you the model, sry xD

Attachments

• Eshran2.mdx
    90.5 KB · Views: 90
a bit hard to explain. You must create matrices for the model. Matrices point to 1 or more bones, you must reassign matrices to each of the bones and then assign the vertices to the matrices.

To be honest, this is a very difficult job. If you don't know anything about MDL editing, it's better that you make a thread at Requests and ask for someone to fix it.

EDIT: To be honest, after looking at your model for a 2nd time. I realised it's even more fucked up than I thought. You, somehow, deleted some bones and the bones are desynched. Not only the vertex groups are messed up but also the bones.

You should start all over.

Last edited:
Level 16
I dont know how i did it only modifing somethings with the vertex modifier! xD
Well, i see, i will need to start all over, because its true: I really fucked out the entire model! xD
Some suggestion of what i Haven't to do when I'm editing my model? so, i dont want to fuck the model again. :D

Level 26
There's ONE way to fix this I can think of, which is how I've created my most recent models. Get the Blademaster model (which I think is the base model of yours ...) and merge your Eshran model into it with Vertex modify. Then assign vertices on your model to match the vertex groups on the Blademaster. This is kinda hard to explain, but pretty obvious once you get started. Just use the 'Vertex group of selection' thing on Vertex Modify while part of the Blademaster is selected, then add the corresponding part of your model to the selecction, then assign the same vertex group to both. As I said, it's kinda hard to explain, but you should be able to figure it out ...

On a side note, please don't swear in your thread titles. It's annoying, and I really don't wanna be caught reading a webpage entitled ^$&*@^$*&@^*@*&!

There's ONE way to fix this I can think of, which is how I've created my most recent models. Get the Blademaster model (which I think is the base model of yours ...) and merge your Eshran model into it with Vertex modify. Then assign vertices on your model to match the vertex groups on the Blademaster. This is kinda hard to explain, but pretty obvious once you get started. Just use the 'Vertex group of selection' thing on Vertex Modify while part of the Blademaster is selected, then add the corresponding part of your model to the selecction, then assign the same vertex group to both. As I said, it's kinda hard to explain, but you should be able to figure it out ...

On a side note, please don't swear in your thread titles. It's annoying, and I really don't wanna be caught reading a webpage entitled ^$&*@^$*&@^*@*&!

there are even easier ways to fix it. But if he doesn't know mdl editing or 3dsmax then it's pointless.

Level 16
well i used Hellscream as base. I edited the body, removed the meshes of the axe and the axe's glow. I changed the textured and rewrapped to fix the Beastmaster. I added a mesh with the shoulder pad (based on the priest), then i removed the head from the first mesh and put it into other mesh because i wanted the villager texture on it. Then i edited the mesh of the head because was too orc-like. That what i do. All with Vertex modifier and i edited a bit the mdl with the notepad to change the texture.
Anyway, i redid it, and now works. I still without know what was i did to destroy the anims :S
Thanks, anyway. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.