• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Edit original units with custom models and be able to use them while playing a faction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
So I was wondering.
I am sure this might have been asked before, but can we change the original models for the units with some made on hive for the original faction in such a way that when using that unit in a VS match or single player or campaign it will appear with the model that we edit it?
Like I want to make all my horde units orcs and there are some great looking orc models that i want to use to change the troll/tauren units
I believe that this is something only I will see in my game while the rest see the default models

Level 42
you need to create this thing in the registry at "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III"
thing.png

and then create a bunch of different folders with proper paths in your wc3 folder and then put your models there
for example if you want to replace orc grunt, you rename your model to grunt.mdx and its portrait to grunt_portrait.mdx, then create folders Units/Orc/Grunt and just put both models there

Level 37
you need to create this thing in the registry at "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III"
View attachment 390596
and then create a bunch of different folders with proper paths in your wc3 folder and then put your models there
for example if you want to replace orc grunt, you rename your model to grunt.mdx and its portrait to grunt_portrait.mdx, then create folders Units/Orc/Grunt and just put both models there
Thank you so much for the quick response I will give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.