• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Edge of Extinction RPG Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Edgelogo.jpg

Introduction:

Thorn Stormwild, once the leader of an elite dwarven sniper team, now living out the rest of his days in Deerwood, putting his shooting skills to use as a hunter, when suddenly strange things start happening in Deerwood one night and Thorn must come out of retirement to face this new threat.

Features:

-Lots of cinematics
-Lots of custom models/skins
-Great terrain (Screenshots attached)
-Weather System
-Ammo System
-Item Stacking System
-Bag System
*You are equipped with a bag that can extend your inventory
-Hunting system
*You can go hunting in special hunting areas to earn gold to buy better equipment.
*Normal enemies also give gold, but significantly less.
-Bayonet System
*The hunter can use his bayonet when at close range or out of ammo.

More Info:

This Single player RPG is made only by me, johannesr, with the exception of models, skins and custom spells (Credits are under optional quests in the map). It took me about 3 years to make this, although i worked on it on and off with a few month breaks inbetween.

The RPG is currently in beta stage, there shouldn't be any game-breaking bugs, but i'm sure there's still probably lots of minor ones. So i'm asking for your help to find as many as possible and report them to me.

Screenshots:

Attachments

• Preview 1.jpg
    Preview 1.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Preview 2.jpg
    Preview 2.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Preview 3.jpg
    Preview 3.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Preview 4.jpg
    Preview 4.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Preview 5.jpg
    Preview 5.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Preview 6.jpg
    Preview 6.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Preview 7.jpg
    Preview 7.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Preview 8.jpg
    Preview 8.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 249
  • Preview 9.jpg
    Preview 9.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Edge of Extinction.w3x
    5 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Level 5
Finally!
But there is a problem with map :sad: you cant actually start it. I have the latest version so maybe there is some other bug in it...

Level 6
Good story idea and nice looking terrain so far.
Gonna try the map later on for a better review...

Level 6
Allright I´ve played till I reach the Elven Village and so far I really liked it.

Terrain:
-awesome work, looks good everything fits together
-when the first vid-sequence start there are some trees on the right thta needs to be lowered(floating in the air atm)
-avoid the use of blizz cliffs, but I think how you made it its quite ok
-make the logs a bit smaller and maybe the shrubs (not too much otherwise it wont fit for the hunting mode)

Video/Story:
-nice story telling so far, interesting and good dialogues (not too long not too short)
- on the way I found the secret behind the rock, when I reach the city one of the dwarves talks about the treasures and then gives me the hint for the same place thats awkward (maybe I am mistaken)
-when you have to prove the existance of the mutants it would be cool if he actually drops the body of the mutant
-hm the xeno-virus... I dislike the name cause it sounds so familair, seems to be from a movie, games or so, maybe another name which does not sound so modern
-ah and a tiny thing, write the numbers in the dialogues it look much better
-add a quest ping on minimap

Gameplay:
-Gameplay is interesting
-what I liked is the pet thing, but here it would be nice if the pet follows (you can do it simply by using a buff)
-the bayonet thing is nice, but sometimes he doesn´t switch back
-and the bag doesn´t work!!! so I had to drop items to get the crystals, which only need one inventory space, but if you want to collect them you need more space ?!?!
-hunting mode was a nice idea
-what the hell is the fruit-market-stand for?
-and maybe make the trigger area around Thordin a bit bigger

Very nice keep it up!
+rep

Level 17
-avoid the use of blizz cliffs, but I think how you made it its quite ok
- on the way I found the secret behind the rock, when I reach the city one of the dwarves talks about the treasures and then gives me the hint for the same place thats awkward (maybe I am mistaken)
-and the bag doesn´t work!!! so I had to drop items to get the crystals, which only need one inventory space, but if you want to collect them you need more space ?!?!
-what the hell is the fruit-market-stand for?
- I started this map a long time ago (before i was any good at terraining) so thats why there are blizz cliffs..
- The secret is meant so that if you find it, you can just refuse to buy the info from the guy.
- The crystal part was one of the bugs i couldn't fix, the bag just screwed up that quest, the only solution i found was to disable the bag during that quest :/
- Fruit market is just a decoration, dunno, that area seemed a lil empty without it.

As for the others, i could fix those.

Level 17
I was away for a bit + taking a break from wc3 modding.

Okay made some updates:
- lowered the trees at the start cinematic
- changed the treasure quest, can't get the treasure without the quest now
- pet now follows you
- a mutant body actually drops now
- some other small stuff

Some questions tho:
I couldn't find a way to ping the minimap for the player, could you tell me how?
When does the bayonet not switch back?

Level 6
The ping on minimap you can find under cinematic or video I think and its called ping minimap.
The bayonet-thing did work sometimes and sometimes it doesn´t...

Level 17
There are 3 bayonet functions:
- You can switch to the bayonet manually
- Automatically switches to bayonet when target is less than 200 range from you
- Automatically switches to bayonet when out of ammo

Are you sure it wasn't any of these?

Level 6
Hm now as I see the options, I think it was when you switch to the bayonet manually, but I am not totally sure....

Status
Not open for further replies.