• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Edenmark: Taming the Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Edenmark
Taming the Land

Current Status
Idea Development

Table of Contents
1. What It's All About
2. The Story Behind It, References
3. Features
4. Ideas

What It's All About?What I Hope To Acheive
"Edenmark: Taming the Land" is nothing special. For one, the only thing I can tell you with solid ground is that it is a simple campaign. Designed based on a simple background story which I created from the top of my head, Edenmark uses simple and basic elements to recreate the nostalgic DnD/Dungeon RPG themed games which veteran gamer have learnt to love as children. Games which don't have any hyper-complex storyline or super HD graphics, but games which created the ground for games which we play now, when ideas we consider cliche now were one-of-a-kind back then. Not showing off any graphics or unique systems and gameplay, Edenmark is a window into the past, for old and new players.This map, as I said before, does not use complex systems or breathtaking gameplay and scenes. Instead, I plan to use this map as a base ground for all skills in map-making, as a platform for criticism for any skills ranging from triggering to 2D Art. Despite it being simple, it is by no means boring. Plenty of use of custom icons and possibly custom models made by myself. Beginner but creative spells and an attempt at relatively advance terraining. Essentially, a map in which I can practice, receive criticism, improve and share knowledge with others.

Storyline & Background
Edenmark is a land ravaged by battles from higher powers. A stage for many a war, Edenmark's denizens are on the verge of leaving the place to the greener side, to escape the warring selfish lords and nobles that constantly fight among one for their own selfish needs, with the locals trapped in the conflict. Bandit lords raid local villages while sea pirates stalk the seas to look for unsuspecting merchants. At the same time, different nobles and lords wage war among one another for the land's underground resources while the local cavalier troop reign terror upon the locals, demanding taxes and slaves. Corrupt officials lord over the helpless citizens while centaur tribes have already begun to settle in this war-torn land. The massive cyclops, Teagor, waits patiently as the rogue wizard Arrazar manipulates the giant's moves for his own ends. While all this is happening, the mighty dragon Skaranox and his three children watch over the petty mortals, waiting to reign terror from the skies.

While the forces of evil poise to grip the land in terror, the forces of good discreetly work in the shadows to hold back the tide of darkness. The celestial spirit, Yearmon, or known as the Forrest Lord by the locals, watches over as a guardian for the weak from harm whenever he can. The select few of the Light, noble and true spirits fight off corruption that plagues the land from helping itself. The Holy Order serves as diplomats to the nobles and warlords, trying to prevent more bloodshed from occurring. The young but talented mage, Jaenna Balebirch, continuous her studies as she, at the same time, tries to attract the attention of the High Conclave to do something about the deteriorating situation in Edenmark.

You, as one of the Warden devoted to holding the peace in the land, is sent by the Circle of Wardens to rid the land of evil and restore order.

Features
As I have said before, Edenmark is only a simple game by Warcraft III standards. That means it would be unlikely to see a custom inventory or complex skills and stats system. However, basic systems will be present. But only the very basic.

• An adjustable camera, with three different views.
  • The ability to converse with everyone.
  • A boss fight mode where special fights can occur.
  • Plenty of different quests, both obvious and hidden.
  • Different scenarios and cinematics to add to the story.
  • Hundreds of items and NPC, both to slay and help.
  • At least four maps, the number is undecided, included in total in the campaign, of which one will have transitions.

Despite it being a small list, the map will nevertheless be, by most standards, acceptable.

Ideas
Map/ScenarioDescriptionQuests AvailableFurther Information
CrumblingA short cinematic depicting the deteriorating situation experienced by the people of EdenmarkNoneNone
The King's Highway The Circle of Wardens has sent you, Warden Arasar, to investigate, study and stem or destroy the growing evil taking over the land of Edenmark. Edenmark, located among the High Mountains, is incredibly hard to find and reach. The High Warden has sent you on your way to Edenmark via the Old King's Highway, an ancient path that lead through instead of under the High Mountains as the New King's Highway does, to reach Edenmark.The King's Highway, started by default
The Circle of Wardens has sent you to Edenmark via the Old King's Highway. Arrive at your destination and speak of Gabrios Dumas, the local militia commander.

Forgotten, started by item (Warden's Orders)
The Old King's Highway now only exists in dates and records. Overtaken by wild creatures and thick undergrowth, the Old King's Highway is now only a mere shadow of it's former ancient glory. Slay any 7 wild creatures you cross paths with and clear the path of any undergrowth you see

Sacrilege!, started by NPC (Jark Gorgenmurk <The Caretaker>)
What! Unbelievable! A small band of sea pirates have set up a base of operations here, in this very ancient highway, for their smuggling! This is unacceptable! Warden, you must've been sent to Edenmark to help. Now, help the Old King's Highway rid of these foul trespassers! Kill every sea pirate in the camp and return to Jark Gorgenmurk.
A secret footpath leading to a mysterious abandoned village where items can be found if looked hard enough

There are only 9 wild creatures encountered along the path, but there are 12 in total. The hidden 3 creatures must be found or summoned in the abandoned village.

There are 6 sea pirates but an item (Bandit Flare) which is acquired by destroying a crate, can summon two pirate ships where an extra six pirates will spawn, including a pirate captain, which will drop extra loot. It is not required to kill these additional 6 pirates, only for extra experience and loot.

Still in construction

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.