• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Underwater ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've started to think about making an ORPG, and I got the idea to make an Underwater ORPG. I enjoy terraining so environmentally challenging maps are fun to me.

Kind of making this up as I go, but here would be some lore:

Naga: Originally united by a line of kings, the proud and mighty naga were split when three centuries ago the advisor to the king betrayed the royal family, assassinating the current king and taking several thousand naga to form a new kingdom, the Darkscales.

Over time other groups of Naga broke off from both groups, finally inspired to set their own ways. Many of the tribes have become hostile to one another, constantly bickering over old land. The remnants of the old kingdom, now known as the Seastrider Tribe, has begun a campaign in re-uniting under a new democratic council.

Yet the Darkscales have continued their efforts in crushing any whisper of revitalizing the Seastriders, and a war has begun in the depths of the ocean.

Mur'gul: Unlike their bretheren the Murlocs, the Mur'gul rarely live on the surface, save for isolated islands. They are a savage and war-like race. Capable of breeding rapidly, they overtake enemies with their mass of numbers. They live in massive Coral Cities, the largest of which are Thel'gul and Murthek.

The Mur'gul have been utilized many times by other races for military assistance; the Naga tribes, when weak, would often hire hundreds of Mur'gul to do their bidding. The small creatures have come to use Shiverscales as currency, which some believe a step in their evolution. The shiverscales are slivers of the shiverplant, found in the deeper regions of the ocean.

Sea Giants: The massive Sea Giants once wandered the ocean aimlessly, destroying ships and preying upon Mur'gul and Naga settlements. Yet recently they have begun to congress in small regions, forming simple groups. The Sea Giant have always been highly intelligent, yet they mask it with barbaric cruelty and greed for treasure. The younger new generation of Sea Giants, however, appears to be different. Far less barbaric then their fathers and mothers, as well as willing to accept the company of others.

They have slowly become an integral part of the ocean floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.