• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Echo Isles

「The Darkspear Isles」

By Wolffman

Gameplay
[tr]
Welcome to da Isles mon,
here you can play as da Darkspear Tribe
Dis troll tribe is strong and hardy
So be with da Loa and may da spirits be with ya

Well, If you're not familiar with the Troll language then I'll explain it normally
This map has a custom race called the Darkspear Trolls
You can select them by choosing the Orc Race
All units have been replaced by a Troll unit
So...Try this out and have fun.
Also, there is a easter egg in the map somewhere..Try to find it..
There will be one of these in all of my maps.

Screenshots
[tr]
138150d1407657697-echo-isles-primal-2.0.png

138151d1407657697-echo-isles-tiger.png

138149d1407657697-echo-isles-raptors-night.png

134769d1398698351-darkspear-isles-ssssssss.png

134770d1398698351-darkspear-isles-test.png

134871d1398936933-darkspear-isles-runn-.png

Features
[tr]
All new Troll Race
New Troll Units
4 New Troll Heroes
Total Conversion of the Orcs into Trolls
New Custom abilities
TROLLZ
TROLLZ!
AND TROLLZ!

Credits
[tr]
Levigeorge1617,
-Grendel,
Cavman,
Ujimasa Hojo,
Werewulf,
t-rav2010,
Uncle Fester,
I apologize wholeheartedly if I have missed out a name or two here, but I couldn't track down all of the resource-authors...Sorry..

Changelog
[tr]
1. Released
1.2. Fixed minor bugs
1.3. New unit - Giant Bat and ability Bat-Riding
1.4. Updated Shadow Hunter - Has new abilities - Sacrifice,Mirror Image,Far Sight and Avatar (Yah its a CnP, but It was really difficult to make up new stuff)
1.5. Added My super secret, super special yet super simple Easter Egg
2.0 New Features:-
Upgraded Primal- Hero
New Items at the Voodoo Lounge
New Terrain
New Creeps
Many Minor improvements
2.1 Minor glitches/bugs fixed

Keywords:
Altered Melee,Troll,Darkspear,Trolls,Horde,Vol'jin,ByWolffman
Contents

Echo Isles (Map)

Reviews
11:52, 4th May 2014 Orcnet: Map approved

What Should be my next Troll-Race Map?

• Sand Trolls of Zul'farrak

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Ice Trolls of Zul'Drak

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Forest Trolls of Zul'Aman

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Other? What's this?? I don't even...

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Level 10
ssssssss.PNG

test.PNG

runn!.PNG
Well, fixed the Description I guess, but I'm still working on some stuff in the map like the new hero instead of the Shadow Hunter/ or a better-made Shadow Hunter.

I'm also probably going to make an ability which allows the Potion Docs to ride on Bats and make Batriders (Like Hippogryphs and Archers with Night Elfs)

So, the next update may take a while, but it'll be worth it.
Also, I have a problem taking screenshots because of the Warcraft client (The screenshots are bugged) But I can get some images from the Worldedit.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Very interesting... So this is what you were asking me about, Wolffman. :p

Well, I'll admit, this is an interesting turn of events; for all these years, many people have done stuff for Trolls, but nearly no one has done what I have become the self-proclaimed master & advocate of; the Jungle Trolls. That being said, I look forward to perusing your race and seeing what you have come up with... Hopefully it's not too similar.

That being said, I would consider 'beefing up' your description a bit (Wazzz's custom races are a great example; perhaps he'd share his template), and also fleshing out your credits list; I see at least one (but I think there are more) model you have not credited the author of (and he's prominent, too). Crediting is supremely important; do the research to find out who gave you what.

Also, you may want to consider exactly how your race is constructed, based on the lore at present. The map name is "Darkspear" tribe, yet your faction shares elements with Murlocs (Bamboo buildings?) and Kalimdor (Boars?) and the Naga (Dragon Turtles?). Did you mean to construct a specifically "Darkspear Tribe"-type race (i.e. Jungle Trolls who fled with Vol'jin & Thrall, building a new home & civilization with the Orcish Horde in Kalimdor)? Or perhaps a more generic "Gurubashi Tribe" (or other name), "original Gurubashi descendent, Stranglethorn Vale-living Jungle Troll"? Important differences.

//EDIT//

Having looked through the map, I can say that it's a good start, but needs a lot of improvement. Basically, it's unfinished (the pseudo-Shadow Hunter only has 2 spells), and mostly just copy/pasted or slightly (sometimes not) modified versions of in-game spells. Things are missing buffs, abilities are out of place, buffs don't stack, the various resources appear to clash, with wildly different styles... Also, confusingly, you have imported whole models & skins without using them. They seem rather big, too; why have them if they aren't being used (talking about the fem-Troll hunter hero and the big Mojo Golem-thing, mainly).

Had some good stuff, though (it's not all bad); I liked the "dismounting batrider" making a fire-caster & a attack-bat (I've often considered it, but it just doesn't fit in my plans)... I was surprised and a little nonplussed to see you'd picked the 'Spider' soundset for the Giant Bat, but in-game it turned out to be pretty much PERFECT; excellent idea. :p The "fan of knives" thing for the Wildstalkers "spear barrage" is a great replacement for my "dart-mechs" attack... And nice usage of Stanakin's Jungle Troll pointer. I like. :p

Good luck.

Last edited:
Level 10
Very interesting... So this is what you were asking me about, Wolffman. :p

Also, you may want to consider exactly how your race is constructed, based on the lore at present. The map name is "Darkspear" tribe, yet your faction shares elements with Murlocs (Bamboo buildings?) and Kalimdor (Boars?) and the Naga (Dragon Turtles?). Did you mean to construct a specifically "Darkspear Tribe"-type race (i.e. Jungle Trolls who fled with Vol'jin & Thrall, building a new home & civilization with the Orcish Horde in Kalimdor)? Or perhaps a more generic "Gurubashi Tribe" (or other name), "original Gurubashi descendent, Stranglethorn Vale-living Jungle Troll"? Important differences.

//EDIT//

Having looked through the map, I can say that it's a good start, but needs a lot of improvement. Basically, it's unfinished (the pseudo-Shadow Hunter only has 2 spells), and mostly just copy/pasted or slightly (sometimes not) modified versions of in-game spells. Things are missing buffs, abilities are out of place, buffs don't stack, the various resources appear to clash, with wildly different styles... Also, confusingly, you have imported whole models & skins without using them. They seem rather big, too; why have them if they aren't being used (talking about the fem-Troll hunter hero and the big Mojo Golem-thing, mainly).

Had some good stuff, though (it's not all bad); I liked the "dismounting batrider" making a fire-caster & a attack-bat (I've often considered it, but it just doesn't fit in my plans)... I was surprised and a little nonplussed to see you'd picked the 'Spider' soundset for the Giant Bat, but in-game it turned out to be pretty much PERFECT; excellent idea. :p The "fan of knives" thing for the Wildstalkers "spear barrage" is a great replacement for my "dart-mechs" attack... And nice usage of Stanakin's Jungle Troll pointer. I like. :p

Good luck.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I had the Fem-Troll Huntress and the big golem for the alpha version where I planned a Voodoo-Siege Statue and a tier-1 Ranged unit...Ill delete them in the next update from the imported list so the map size is much smaller. This map is basically the Darkspear Tribe which is now located in Southern Durotar, where Boars are abundant. I couldn't find a Raptor rider model (the one which is in the model sections isn't really that good imho), so I thought, what the hell? Some trolls may have tried riding them? The Dragon-Turtle one was completely my last resort since they are also abundant near the Southern coast of Durotar (Turtles not Dragon-Turtles) and in that part of Kalimdor and also as there are no other giant beast that Darkspear Trolls ride..(I hoped someone would come up with a Troll on a chariot driven by multiple raptors, so that's a thought)

If you've played WoW, you'll notice that the Darkspear have buildings much similar to these, so I tried to implement that onto here.
Troll_hut.JPG

WoWScrnShot_092810_215843.jpg

20100428124648_340.jpg

The Shadow Hunter...Ohh the Shadow Hunter... One of my most trivial problems with this map is what should I do about it. I'm completely blank on what I should do with him, so I want some open advice, should I replace him or remake him? This little bugger is messing up my mind!

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
Hi Wolffman, I tested your map, I found a bug of AI Night Elf Race, It won't start building and Training units :)

Level 10
Hi Wolffman, I tested your map, I found a bug of AI Night Elf Race, It won't start building and Training units :)

Actually, I tested this map with all three AI Races and for some reason, the player 2 has some problems and it doesnt build nor train units, it just makes it's workers go to a gold mine further from its base and killing their peons in the process and whatnots..

I suggest keeping the Player 2 Slot closed and choosing some other AIs in player 3 onwards

Reactions: Yrk

Yrk

Yrk

Level 6
Actually, I tested this map with all three AI Races and for some reason, the player 2 has some problems and it doesnt build nor train units, it just makes it's workers go to a gold mine further from its base and killing their peons in the process and whatnots..

I suggest keeping the Player 2 Slot closed and choosing some other AIs in player 3 onwards

Ok :) And Ohh By the way 4.5/5 :)

Level 2
how to get Wolffman in da game :)
Get a headshrinker mon, then pick da manipulate skill
cast on Wolffman then bring a tp, stay closer on him then use da tp
to da nearest stronghall you got der mon.
He haz too much hp, good for mass destruction!

Level 10
How about a Gnoll map or a Quillboar map?

There's already a Gnoll Map, but I think a Quillboar map could be epic....I'll check around...
Also, I hate the fact that the Sand Trolls are getting so many votes, why is that? Is it because it's the first option?
If so people, Don't be lazy! Vote for the others!
( I'm only saying this because there are close to 0 resources for a Sand Troll map :( , I would've made one but, no resources = No map )

Level 2
There's already a Gnoll Map, but I think a Quillboar map could be epic....I'll check around...
Also, I hate the fact that the Sand Trolls are getting so many votes, why is that? Is it because it's the first option?
If so people, Don't be lazy! Vote for the others!
( I'm only saying this because there are close to 0 resources for a Sand Troll map :( , I would've made one but, no resources = No map )

Nope, actually there are no Sand troll map I think. And it will be the first one.

Level 10
He's right :|

Nope, actually there are no Sand troll map I think. And it will be the first one.

See, the sad truth here is that the Sand Trolls have only two resources :-
1) Sand Troll Shaman by Traximillion
2) Sand Troll.blp by Hawkwing

And that's that...No more Sand Troll resources..Leading to the fact that it is most possibly not possible to make a Sand Troll map unless more Sand Troll resources, such as skins, models , etc. are released.
Yes, it would've been the first one , Yes it would've been cool but sadly, it isn't possible... My Condolences

Level 10
Darkspear Isles 2.0 Is out!
New things have been added to the map, so be sure to check it out :)

Attachments

• raptors in the night.PNG
    raptors in the night.PNG
    619.1 KB · Views: 5,804
  • Primal 2.0.PNG
    Primal 2.0.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,925
  • tiger.PNG
    tiger.PNG
    892.3 KB · Views: 5,852
Last edited:
Level 3
This race is far too imbalanced

Heroes: most abilities are just stolen (edited icon and description), some are imbalanced (example headshrinkers manipulate can steal a wyrm/dire troll at lvl 1 (far too imbalance) - explanation: you probably coppied this one of the dark rangers charm. all ultimates goes through magic immunity (<- just a notice). usual abilites (first 3 to choose) shouldnt be going through magic immunity (exception is the blademaster, dont ask me why)

Units: again most abilites are stolen icon changed, skins/models changed and effect changed nothing new.

Items: the ideas are great but there are too many which are too strong, you should consider setting mana wards as tech3 items and remove the rod of spirits, or keeping the rods of spirit and nerfing it a little bit. also i actually think the maximum gold cost of a item should be 400 (most expensive item is orb of lightning - 375g). also orb is not fitting into the trolls spirit, you should mb change it to give a chance to steal some life mb, u know trolls and voodoo :).

afterall the idea is great and have potential - 3/5

P.S. theres still much to do :p

Level 10
This race is far too imbalanced

Heroes: most abilities are just stolen (edited icon and description), some are imbalanced (example headshrinkers manipulate can steal a wyrm/dire troll at lvl 1 (far too imbalance) - explanation: you probably coppied this one of the dark rangers charm. all ultimates goes through magic immunity (<- just a notice). usual abilites (first 3 to choose) shouldnt be going through magic immunity (exception is the blademaster, dont ask me why)

Units: again most abilites are stolen icon changed, skins/models changed and effect changed nothing new.

Items: the ideas are great but there are too many which are too strong, you should consider setting mana wards as tech3 items and remove the rod of spirits, or keeping the rods of spirit and nerfing it a little bit. also i actually think the maximum gold cost of a item should be 400 (most expensive item is orb of lightning - 375g). also orb is not fitting into the trolls spirit, you should mb change it to give a chance to steal some life mb, u know trolls and voodoo :).

afterall the idea is great and have potential - 3/5

P.S. theres still much to do :p

Ohhkay, thanks on spotting some critical issues, I'll fix them soon, The Orb of Hunt was an idea/request from a friend so I tried it out, guess it doesn't fit with the Troll theme after all, I'll possibly make it into a voodoo-themed orb.. I didn't work that much on mainly the Shadow Hunter hero for some reasons, I'll work on that aswell. As for the Magic Immunity thing, I'm not sure about that, because that's not supposed to happen because I they're based on the vanilla spells.
I don't think I'll be adding anymore major content to this map, mostly minor fixes and sorts. If you have any more things to say, I suggest you do so..

"Headshrinker" and "Voodoo Orbs", eh? Sounds awful familiar... :p
:3

Level 7
Here. there are Bear, Raptor, and Turtle Rider

There is a credits list file in zip folder, please read it.
Skins path is just remove war3import.

Attachments

• TrollsReskins.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 74