• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Easy Spells Im Sure But I will Rep if clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay Im trying to make an electric hero.

1st ability Basically purge i want it to deal damage and slow a target and remove positive buffs from allies, or heal allies and remove negative debuffs. Heals for 50/70/90/110 and gives 20% move speed buff or deals 100/140/180/220 with a 20% slow. can be cast on self and cleanse while healing self all that jazz. 500 cast range.

2nd ability passive - whenever he casts a spell this hero deals 4% of units hit current health if hit by an ability of his.

3rd ability sends a lightning ball at a target point dealing 75/100/125/150 chaos damage to all units it passes through on the way to the point and on the way back to the caster. Basically a boomarang spell that deals damage 2 ways and goes through all enemy units. the target point can be 650 range away and the ball moves fast. cooldown 10 seconds.

4th ability - The hero dashes towards the cursor and fires Lightning bolts, dealing 100/140/180 damage to up to 3 nearby enemies. In the next 10 seconds, Surge can be cast two additional times before going on cooldown. Each enemy can only be hit once per dash. < once per dash not necessary. basically if i hit R once i dash 400 range dealing the damage once, then i have the option to hit R 2 more times for no mana cost with the same effect within 10 seconds before it goes to cool down. (This is the Main one) I know its a lot of work. Two Venomous has an example of this spell a couple posts down that is very close but not perfect and i'm sure it can be done more fluid.

I have decent knowledge of scripting and i am smart. Can Be Jass but i prefer GUI as it is more native to me and helps me on other things. But I will Rep I just for the life of me cant figure out how to implement these right.

Last edited:
Level 33
Is the first ability a Double Edge ?
It can either heals you and give positive debuff OR damages you and give negative debuff ?
So, you want like a 50%-50% chance ?

2nd ability passive - whenever he casts a spell this hero deals 4% of units hit current health if hit by an ability of his.
Whose current health ?
Target or Caster ?

I'm thinking on doing these 3 abilities (including the Bolt Boomerang - lol I named it).

Level 4
The 1st one is more or less purge. I do like ur idea of 50% chance... I'll try a tool tip style for u.

Will cast a burst of lightning on a target unit sending a surge through its body. If cast on an ally it has a 50% chance to give a 20% movespeed buff and remove all negative debuffs. If cast on an enemy it has a 50% chance to slow by 20% and remove all positive buffs. Can be cast on self. 500 Cast Range.
Level 1 - 50 heal or 100 Damage.
Level 2 - 70 heal or 140 Damage.
Level 3 - 90 heal or 180 Damage.
Level 4 - 110 heal or 200 Damage.

Cooldown: 15 Seconds
Mana Cost: 60

This is Ability 1.

Level 4
Ability 2

Passive 1 level

Whenever this Hero casts a spell he will shock all enemy Heros in a 500 AoE for 10% of their current health.

Level 4
3rd ability
This Hero shoots a fast moving lightning ball, dealing chaos damage to all units it passes through on the way to the point and on the way back to the caster. deals damage 2 ways and goes through all enemy units. 600 Cast Range.

Level 1 - 75 Damage.
Level 2 - 100 Damage.
Level 3 - 125 Damage.
Level 4 - 150 Damage.

Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Mana Cost: 80

Level 4
Surge
This hero dashes towards the cursor and fires lightning bolts, dealing damage to up to 3 nearby enemies, prioritizing heroes. In the next 10 seconds, Surge can be cast two additional times before going on cooldown. Each enemy can only be hit once per dash. < once per dash not necessary.

Level 1 - 100 Damage.
Level 2 - 140 Damage.
Level 3 - 180 Damage.

Cooldown: 180/120/60 seconds.
Mana Cost: 100

Last edited:
Level 12
This spell can be cast 3 times in 10 seconds ?

kinda hard to achieve...
after 3 times usage during 10 seconds, the spell would be in cooldown ? and if the spell is cast 1 time and 10 seconds past, the spell would also be in cooldown ?

Level 4
This spell can be cast 3 times in 10 seconds ?

kinda hard to achieve...
after 3 times usage during 10 seconds, the spell would be in cooldown ? and if the spell is cast 1 time and 10 seconds past, the spell would also be in cooldown ?

Yes Exactly.

Level 12
REMEMBER!

copy the abilities (Dash and Dash Dummy) and the dummy unit first!

then copy the triggers...

please give feedbacks.. don't let my time go in waste...

if you have any questions regarding this spell, ask it here...

Attachments

• Dash.w3x
    25.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 4
Couple Things. I changed it around a bit to be closer to where i want it.
I still cant find a way to make it a lightning trail behind him but i found a close one... The Dash is kinda slow but works.
I created the Lightning effect i wanted but i cannot figure out how to get rid of it after it shoots the 3 targets, tried a few ways.
Last thing, if you cast once in 10 seconds u can hold the ability for as long as u want until the 2nd cast. after the second cast it goes to cooldown. This would be problematic as your wait command only lasts so long, and you could essentially hold the charges and never go to cooldown.

I think letting the dummy unit cast a dummy forked lightning (Neutral Hostile) that levels with dash would be better than damaging the targets and creating the lighting effect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc2Cc0SB31M This is an example of the speed and feel for the ability i would like, if you think you can do it of course.

Surge
This hero dashes towards the cursor and fires Lightning bolts, dealing damage to up to 3 nearby enemies, prioritizing heroes. In the next 10 seconds, Surge can be cast two additional times before going on cooldown. Each enemy can only be hit once per dash. < once per dash not necessary.

Attachments

• Surge.w3x
    34.7 KB · Views: 44
Level 12
Last thing, if you cast once in 10 seconds u can hold the ability for as long as u want until the 2nd cast. after the second cast it goes to cooldown. This would be problematic as your wait command only lasts so long, and you could essentially hold the charges and never go to cooldown.

unfortunately, i must say, that i couldn't do this part... already tried asking on the help zone... and defskull told me that i couldn't force cooldown of an ability...

so here you are, the least that i could do...

the more values it has, the more speed it will have, from the surge you gave me, you set it to 25, which make it slower, now i change it to 50...

i also thinking of using forked lightning, unfortunately, forked lightning is just creating the effect on the target and didn't apply the lightning... so i used chain lightning...

Attachments

• Surge.w3x
    34.9 KB · Views: 43
Level 4
This one sorry. Feels so much smoother but I know i screwed up some codes and i'm sure it leaks. :/ but this one is super close to what im looking for, we just gotta get it perfect then u can release it if you want as it is your work.

Attachments

• Surge 2.0.w3x
    34.7 KB · Views: 45
Level 4
What if we said something like, the 1st cast gives u a buff that lasts 10 seconds. if unit has buff set X = to 1, if X = 1 set X = 2 or unit does not have buff get rid of dummy, if X = 2 or unit does not have buff get rid of dummy spell.

Does that make sense?

Level 4
This version of the spell seems flawless. What do you think?
I think the effects are nice now and the dash speed is smooth. The ability seems polished. but are there any leaks or glitches thats the question?

Attachments

• Surge v4.0 Finalized.w3x
    35 KB · Views: 43
Level 12
This version of the spell seems flawless. What do you think?
I think the effects are nice now and the dash speed is smooth. The ability seems polished. but are there any leaks or glitches thats the question?

oh yes, i forgot to add expiration timer to the dummy. other thing than that, i have made sure that there was no leaks...

if only i could force the ability to go on cooldown, then this will be perfect ! :p

Attachments

• Surge v5.0 Finalized.w3x
    35.1 KB · Views: 35
Level 4
Thanks Man, As promised I did rep for your hard work. This spell seemed easier than it was, but it is a nice spell. Are you going to release it?

Also u wanna try one of the other ones?

Level 12
Why don't you use hashtable and release?

kinda lazy, but i will try :)

EDIT :

after a second thought, i wouldn't upload this...
people will say that this is a simple spell which was a simple edit using a knockback system...
i've had once uploaded a resource here on hive, and the result didn't go out pretty well...
i choose not to upload anything...

Last edited:
Level 4
U gonna try the other ones at all? I dont see how to make a boomarang spell that would follow him while blinking :/

Level 4
Alright cool, and i'm sure they'll be perfect the 1st time if not close. he seems like a top coder

Level 12
Alright cool, and i'm sure they'll be perfect the 1st time if not close. he seems like a top coder

wowowowowooww, you don't wanna know nor you can't stand to know about his capability of coding :p

side note :
the chance he would response to someone's request would be 0.01% , and you're the lucky one ! have a cookie :)

EDIT : to make it simple, he is really a top coder :goblin_yeah:
the prove is on his signature and the icon below the avatar !

Level 4
hmm seems legit. It casts the lightning if you dont blink either way though :/ but all around good job

Level 4
@TwoVenomous <B nah buddy ur all good would rep ya 2x if i could, and i rarely rep lol. On the second version if u cast it once in 10 seconds then the next time u cast it, the spell does nothing and puts on cooldown. The problem is the spell doesnt go to cooldown until u cast the second spell :/ As compared to before when if u casted once waited a couple seconds casted again it would instantly go to cooldown.

Level 4
These are the mods i made to Lightning Purge to make it closer to what i felt. I however am not sure if at this time it is MUI nor leak proof i'd have to get it checked.

Attachments

• Lightning Purge v1.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 36
Level 12
here is the second spell (I named it Auto Shock) along with some minor fixing for the surge, what I fixed was the landing time of chain lightning (from the last version I gave, it wasn't cast at the same time). and don't worry, it's MUI and Leakless, believe us.

and please elaborate this one
<B nah buddy ur all good would rep ya 2x if i could, and i rarely rep lol. On the second version if u cast it once in 10 seconds then the next time u cast it, the spell does nothing and puts on cooldown. The problem is the spell doesnt go to cooldown until u cast the second spell :/ As compared to before when if u casted once waited a couple seconds casted again it would instantly go to cooldown.
I didn't have any idea what you're talking about, which the second ? which the before ?

my attempt only worth 2 reps, huh ?
now I know, it will be rated 2 (Lacking) :p

@UndeadImmortal I love how you put colors to the words :p

EDIT : Okay, I added the 3rd spell (I named it Lightning Boomerang). you can change the speed yourself by altering the 'lightningSpeed[cv]'. I hope you like it.

Now it looks like I took defskull's job deliberately =="
I am really sorry, defskull. I didn't mean to.

Attachments

• Surge v0.8 - Auto Shock v0.1 - Lightning Boomerang v0.1.w3x
    41.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Level 4
and for lightning ball. I found 25 speed was good, What i did not like was that it does not move with the caster.
I really want it to move with the caster so you can control how it comes back and can adjust if u say miss it the 1st time.

Level 12
and for lightning ball. I found 25 speed was good, What i did not like was that it does not move with the caster.
I really want it to move with the caster so you can control how it comes back and can adjust if u say miss it the 1st time.

finished :)
tell me if there is anything wrong...

Attachments

• Surge v0.8 - Auto Shock v0.1 - Lightning Boomerang v0.2.w3x
    43.2 KB · Views: 39
Level 4
looks great twovenom thanks :)
And yes my apologies, i was casting the spell on teal it heals red perfectly. didn't notice thank you guys so much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.