1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Earth Ver 4.5

Submitted by Epimeliad
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
During the last world war nuclear arms used cause untold damage not only to the land but technologies as well. Resulting in yet another dark age..
Now 9 lucky survivors who live through the Holocaust must strive to retake the lost technologies and be the world's only leader in Pangea Ultima
Updates:
-New outlook (This is Earth in 200-250 million years from now) for those who are curious over the landscape.
-Custom countries still have a bit of work left
-Terrain aesthetics changed
-Triggers may leak, need some help with fixing that..
-Tool-tips are fixed (for most, don't know if i miss 1 or 2)
Version Notes:
Look inside map file to find full update list
4.0 --- grammar errors and a trigger fixed by drakic
4.1 --- Added borrow function
4.2 --- Fixed some triggers and funtions
4.3 --- Added mini quest
4.4 --- Added quest upgrades and tweak trade routes
4.5 --- Fixed a few bug leftover
Author note: this map the first map i have made so please give me suggestions about stuff
looking for triggers and people to help balance the game =p

Keywords:
earth, ww2, risk, middle, 2k
Contents

Earth Ver 4.5 (Map)

Reviews
03:24, 15th Aug 2008 Septimus: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/782257-post4.html Quick check and seem to have good improvement at certain aspect.
  1. 03:24, 15th Aug 2008
    Septimus:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/782257-post4.html

Quick check and seem to have good improvement at certain aspect.

2. miksike

miksike

Resources:
    Resources:
    did u made this from game earth 2000 or made from ur head?

3. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Review
    Notice & Contact
    This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
    If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this [​IMG]Visitor Message.

Map Review
    1) Terrain - Excellent (5)
    2) Trigger - Bad (2)
    3) Minor Error - Average (3)
    4) Major Error -
    5) Replay Value -
    6) Fun factor/gameplay -
    7) Use of imported material -
    8) Single player -
    9) AI support -
    10) Camera -
    11) Originality -
    12) File Size - Average (3)
    13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
    14) Balancing -
    15) Packaging - Average (3)
    16) Credits - Excellent (5)
    17) Storyline - Good (4)
    18) Theme - Good (4)
    19) Protection - Excellent (5)
    20) Quality - Average (3)
    21) Description/Information/Detail - Average (3)
    22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)
    23) Game Mode -
    24) Difficulty -
    25) Unit Placement - Good (4)

Total Accumulation Point : 49/65 + (8) (Review) = 57

[+] - Terrain have major improvement, well done. Now it look more life like.
    [!] -
    [-] - Trigger still bad as usual. For example, why do you want to enforce victory/defeat condition after 1300 seconds.
    [-] - Still have typo error.

Review : I make a quick check at this map since I am kinda busy reviewing other map, but it seem this map terrain have a major improvement.

But, trigger still as bad as usual with some useless trigger not removed while the other could be shorten or simplified.. Is no wonder the map size could be 2.59mb, if the trigger have been fix. I think the map size could be reduce by another 5%

Another 8 point for this map.

Rating & Miscellaneous information
    Score - 57/100
    Rating - 3/5
    Condition - Good
    Status - Approve
    Review - 2

Reminder
    The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
    Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this [​IMG]Visitor Message.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  4. Revan(Rom)

Revan(Rom)

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Russia rules! But in real live not in this map... -.-
    Sorry this isnt italy!tHIS is dogcrap!

tERRAIN is bad triggers are bad,theme bad and i hate this mapgenre! bUT thatswhy i wont vote! (sry for my bad eng. i dont wanna writte rightly now!)

5. Epimeliad

Epimeliad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    it seem that modern warfare is highly unpopular here...indeed most of the testers in b-net seem to like it. but anyway ill try harder.... thank for the feedback and keep them coming.

6. LockPick

LockPick

Resources:
    Resources:
    the reason theres no critters is because "During the last world war nuclear arms used cause untold damage not only to the land but technologies as well. Resulting in yet another dark age.."

7. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well.. I am amaze the tree survive the nuclear attack and the critter ain't....

As long there is a tree survive, there surely a critter survive the attack as well.

8. LockPick

LockPick

Resources:
    Resources:
    i guess, but only Rats, Skinks, and Sheep (land, air, and water)

9. Tau Empire

Tau Empire

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

How about I translate it to English for you people who don't know french (also you must type replies in English and not in any other languages.)

A great map if you can change it (even if you think about this idea) The whole system of this map is hard to understand at first, when I tested it out the idea isen't ''unique'' but I give it around 3/5, 4/5.

10. Revan(Rom)

Revan(Rom)

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well i still don´t like this map...

11. Magyar

Magyar

Resources:
    Resources:
    So.. , that is Pangea is it? I really doubt continents would move that much in some 300 years.

12. f0rsAk3n

f0rsAk3n

Resources:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well done 3\5 , could use some improvements :wink:

13. Nicokick

Nicokick

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quite frankly i like people not being so damn conservative making a map perfectly resembling the real world, this version is both stylish (such as it gives a more round feel to it) and it's better gameplay considered. Having separate continents would create balance issiues, such as some players would be isolated and able to evolve undisturbed.

Thus i really dont like the models, the units are just wierd and the buildings hardly makes sense, and are also way too different in scale.
    A bonus to terraining creativity, but thats about it. Its still not fun.

14. 1st_acc

1st_acc

Resources:
    Resources:
    well about the nuke killing all teh critters most insects like wasps can survive more radiation then humans by like xs 10 and the same with some other animals

15. WarCoelho

WarCoelho

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm...:con:Thanks for helping me with the muiltiboards b giving me the tutorial link :grin:,but it looks like you have made your first map.When I saw the loading screen i thought:What is this?A tower?Then I moved the PC mouse's at the loading screen the second thing I thought:Tiny.Is the only word that can say what I have though.It would be better if make more space and more creeps.I didn't tested the map,I was too busy learning how to do Muitiboard:xxd:.Hmmm...I will give you a 3.5 because the idea is,hmm..,ahn,"unique" and because there is so much water and there not much land.

And i have a question.How did the trees survived and creeps didn't.I mean its easier to put fire in a tree then killing somethin ^^

16. Dragon9560

Dragon9560

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have two bugs if you buy 1 epic structure you can buy how much as you want of them
    and your hero can cut wood

17. Dragon9560

Dragon9560

Resources:
    Resources:
    Iron wall vercital's price is ... gold and 20lumber

18. Dragon9560

Dragon9560

Resources:
    Resources:
    improve time before take trade rutes