• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Earth:Leviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Earth: Leviticus
This map is regard to a distopia of what earth will become in about 200-300 million of years later.
Storyline:
200 million years into the future, humanity stand at the brink of extinction brought about by themselves. just before humanity perished, it threw it last gambit. a super bunker located thousand of miles from the surface house a handful of elites. however even than humanity could not sustain its population and when it finally safe to return to the surface, only 9 remains. now, a new page of history is being unfold: one in which you hold its pen
General gameplay:
Basically the game focus on 3 major aspects:

1. 1. Teching (upgrading) - this function allows the user to outmaneuver his opponent by getting better and more effective troop.

2. Hold and control - this allows the user to gain an economical advantage at the expand of having a larger area to defense.

3. Attacking - This is the main goal of the game. in addition by attacking enemy one is also rewarded with special bonuses but be too aggressive and players might combine to attack you first.
Project details:
Currently this project is in beta status but have been released to the public to encourage responses
Earth Ver 4.3 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
status is as followed:
  • Terrain: 95%
    Units: 67%
    Balancing: 48% <position avaliable>
    Triggers: 70% <position avaliable>
    Testers: 5% <position avaliable>
Please dowload the map to try it out and give comments here or pm me.
Any help toward this project is greatly appreciated and will be credited accordingly.
If you are intrested in this project please contact me.
Features:
Environmental buffs:
Forest-Increase attack speed
High Ground-Bonus range attack
Sand-Bonus defense
Snow-Decrease movement speed
Rain-Decrease armor
Borrowing/loans:
instead of giving allies gold, gold is mediate by a computer player which allows players to loan or borrow from it.
Loans-%chance for it to increase or decrease after a set time
Borrow-only able to borrow from the max gold of the computer player which in turn needs to be repaid after a set time
Quest research and units:
Instead of constant farming for gold/lumber, bonuses are given for kill count, trade routes and buildings distroyed
Screenshots:
screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

screen5.jpg

Last edited:
Level 35
The lore could use some....consistency.

Mankind would most likely be very different 200 million years in the future.

(I see swords...and normal looking humans...which MAY have adapted atleast a little bit..like fins or gills or something)

Then again..history does repeat itself.

Level 36
The things I don't like about this are:

- Terrain. Has NO atmosphere at all, and the colors are a bit odd.
- The fact that you use unit models like tauren and trolls when they should be futuristic soldiers and commanders. A game like this needs custom futuristic models and tilesets.

Level 6
The things I don't like about this are:
- Terrain. Has NO atmosphere at all, and the colors are a bit odd.
- The fact that you use unit models like tauren and trolls when they should be futuristic soldiers and commanders. A game like this needs custom futuristic models and tilesets.
1. Could you explain what you mean by no atmosphere and perhaps give me some tips on how to improve it since this is the first map i made
2. erm..well i was thinking more along the lines that humanity lost their technologies and stuff and hence had to rely on more primitive stuff.

The lore could use some....consistency.
Mankind would most likely be very different 200 million years in the future.
(I see swords...and normal looking humans...which MAY have adapted atleast a little bit..like fins or gills or something)
Then again..history does repeat itself.
Well it true man may evolve but that only if there is a need to. Apprently being stuff in a bunker with light and air evolution may not be a key push factor but good point and much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.