• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

E.O.R. V3B7: Leaflet Forest

Subraces have evolved into functional societies to build armies worthy enough to put a fight against the original four races or against each other.

Map contains 16 races Centaur, Draenei, Demon (Burning Legion), Forsook (Forsaken), Goblin, Human, Naga, Night Elves, Orc, Orges Satyr, Sindorei (Blood Elves), Shurnab, Tuskarr, Troll and Undead.

Credits of borrowed icons, triggers and models are shown within Map Info.

Additional E.O.R. are available to download Barren Eye, Ice Cube, Leaflet Forest and Dusk Outlands, Incoming Tides

Map is created by fokyip any questions, problems, bugs or inquires email [email protected].

Map is currently in BETA stages Testing new races, testing balance, adding new spells, and fixing bugs.

You can download an "Open Source" template map from http://victorfok.com/evolution-of-races-project enjoy!!

- Altered melee map playable as single or multi-player.
- Map initializes as free for all has a -ally and -unally system.
- Hero limit is 3 and food limit is 100.
- New units, buildings, heroes, and abilities.
- Map is protected.

*Centaur - Utilized the force of stamina to allow hit and run as well as quickly returning to defend base.
*Demon - Creates specialty units that specifics counter acts against mass production of strong units.
*Draenei - Specializes in magic abilities that greatly damages opposing armies during battle.
*Forsook - Focus' on the preservation of units allowing them to endure longer during battle.
*Goblin - Generates a quick production of units with high agility allow them to attack quickly.
*Human - Very strong against anti-air and ground to ground battles.
*Night Elf - Build strong aggressive units that could complete dominate a battlefield.
*Naga - Concentrates on adaptive units that counter act against any unit in battle.
*Orc - Develops an early attack force that greatly affects the development process of opponents.
*Orge - Every unit is powerful for it's level but very costly in resources.
*Quiraji - Race very weak at the beginning but very powerful when the race is fully developed.
*Satyr - Focus' on damaging an army by weaken them over time.
*Sindorei - Each Unit have special skill that allows them to battle with unusual abilities.
*Undead - Capable of building a self sustaining army if utilized properly they can defeat anyone in battle.
*Tuskarr - Disrupts the performances of opposing armies and increases the attributes of friendly units.
*Troll - Can quickly dispatch waves of armies that can overwhelm the opposing force.

V3B7
No more green icons
Compressed all icons
Changed model Altar of Argus. Orc Barracks, Tumble Tower, spell breaker, Naga Hall, Lancer, Dungeon, Cemetary
Added hero for Quiraji
Major rebalance for all units
Fixes to esticistic like armour type, unit sounds, walking movement and sync attacking
New triggered abilities Fire Dart, Devastation Envoy, Cannonade, Stun Grenade, Falling Rock
Renamed all SHURNAB to QUIRAJI
Fix Leap attack ability
Changed the Battering Ram, Alter Of Mechanics and Reef Scylla
Fix Tuskarr income issue.
Fix passive buttons and auto icons.
Fix Demon Blood
Fix Charmer Healing Source.
Added 1 Free Hero

V3B4
- New Races TROLL, ORGE, SHURNAB
- Ability Changes, Unit Changes, Tech Tree build
- Minor balance adjustments
- Fix Night Elf AI
- Fixed backpack races
- Fixed Altar for Demon lightning
- Change the Centuar to an automated resource
- Change the Tuskarr to an automated resource
- Fix glow for players
- Arcadian only heal during day time
- Centuars heals faster with increase of cost
- Fixed Life Extension
- Fixed Electric Transfer
- Fixed tooltip on Abilities, Units and Upgrades.
- Fix launch animations and sound sets
- Hero Limit Bug

V2.5.7
- Darenei Town Hall has lightning ability to defend itself
- Labour gets feedback ability
- Diabolist gets Fire Leak ability
- Capenter Support Orb ability
- Demon Town Halls has Reign of Fire ability
- Contraption has Juggernaught Ability
- Moved Mana Decimation from Diabolist to Ravager
- Reduced damage on whirlpool
- Fix a bug with summoning zombies
- Fix a bug return lumber on Darenei and Goblin
- Fixed effects of Ice Figure
- Minor changes to Bone Impact, Healing Bowl triggers
- Fixed Centuar heroes speed slow bug
- Windows pop up box alphabetical and delayed
- Fix 14 very minor fixes in object editor
- Fix 4 tool tip
- Changed status Contraption
- Reverted Haven back to orginal color
- Changed Local Souk building
- Changed stats of Hell Blood Upgrade
- Changed ability Baffle to Toxic Spill for Conjure
- Igloo gets Storage space
- Haruspex Revitalize changed the healing powers
- Made Pericing Javilin an ability.
- Renamed Contaminate to acid rain
- Fix 3 very minor bug in object editor
- Changed Haruspex Treatorous Roar to Umbra Link
- Renamed Bravery to Strenuous Chant
- Check THROUGHTLY of all races to retype text.
- New Creeps.
- MAJOR map clean up.

An "Open Source" template map is available to download.

Allowing map developers to see what I have done in the map to create branch versions from my project or to help develop their maps. I would like to get some kind of credit along with the people I gave credit to but I realize can't control people who discredits my work.

You can download my template map from E.O.R. V3B7: Template - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com enjoy!!

Keywords:
Races, Evolution, Centaur, Burning Legion, Demon, Draenei, Forsaken, Goblin, Human, Night Elf, Naga, Orc, Orge, Quiraji, Satyr, Blood Elf, Sindorei
Contents

E.O.R. V3B7: Leaflet Forest (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Approved 18:36, 29th Mar 2009, by Rui: See my comment on "Evolution Of Races V2.5.9 Barren Eye".

M

ap0: Approved

18:36, 29th Mar 2009, by Rui:
See my comment on "[self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=87168]Evolution Of Races V2.5.9 Barren Eye[/self]".

Level 31
Review

Good Point

[+] Give credit to original author at quest log (+1)

Neutral Point

[!]

Bad Point

[-] Delete and re-upload map (Rules violation) (-30)
[-] Typo error detected (-1)
[-] Amount of creep is too much especially at middle (-1)
[-] Minor bug detected, Arcadian swordman saddle horse skill cannot be used (-15)
[-] Green icon detected (-5)

Score - 49/100
Rating - 2/5
Condition - Normal
Approve

Level 9
oh yeah everytime i start game it will get laggy and slowdown abit...is there any memory leaks?

TRIPPLE POSTER!!! TRIPLLE POSTER!!!
THERE IS AN EDIT BUTTON FOR A GOOD REASON!!!

Anywayyyss Looks like a good map I'll have to try it soon :thumbs_up:

tripple poster

Good map I played it a couple of times...

Last edited:
Level 4
@Adr3n: It's called the Edit button. Put the things you forget/add in your last post wit it.

Anyway it is a good map. I personally would like some more with new terrain, if I've missed any other terrained maps please let me know.

Level 7
Hi I may no longer making any more updates.

To answer Greatone’s question about using the computers there was a big glitch that I couldn’t figure out for the life of me till this version. So now you can have smooth game play for single players. I also made sure that the map isn’t freakishly huge file for multiplayer experience.

I also like to thank the people who commented on my map with positive responses that has motivated me.

Last edited:
Level 2
aww thats bad...at least you have achieved and went so far to create this awesome map...love u :D (im not gay)

Level 7
This is my real latest version I didn't come around to finalizing it for updating until now. Hope you enjoy it as well as the new Ice Cube map at the request of Ice_Eagle. A whole new altered melee map are being created with my newly found partner Quickshot14.

Level 4
I really really enjoyed playing this map. You have done a great job developing this map. But i have only found 1 bug so far: The Netural Hero Amazon got an ability called Poison Arrows, you know the same thing as searing arrow or frost arrow. They all cost mana each shot but weird enough, Posion arrows dont.. And it says: It costs mana each shot, i think you need to fix that bug. I was really overpowered with 30 extra damage ^^

Level 2
the maps still loads very slow at loading map, and always at the start of the game it starts to lag abit, is there any memory leaks etc etc?, and theres too much typo etc...and hotkeys overrides each other like the bandit(from tavern), has an ability hotkey start with 'A', it overrides the current hotkey for Attack 'A'...theres still much to do bro...good luck...

Level 7
Thanks me letting me know I fix all the hot keys for all the heroes, I don't know how to make the map load faster it could be because I made so many adjustments to the object editor. I optimized the maps to see if the map could load faster as making the maps alot smaller. I am close to finishing the centaur race but I have to make several test to make sure they run properly before I put them out.

Level 2
thats 1 fast update dude, seriously, good job

*edit - and hey, the 1 of the naga skills cannot be used..its called melody song, from a naga siren i think, hell yeah...

*edit 2 - the hero Bandit from the Tavern, the skill Profuse Axe, has a shorcut key 'A', it overrides the current Attack Key 'A', fix it please....no fun clicking attack instead it casts a skill...zzz

Last edited:
Level 4
Im in love with your maps dude!!! 5/5

EDIT:
Quote from Septimus:

[-] Minor bug detected, Arcadian swordman saddle horse skill cannot be used (-15)
[++++] Yes it can!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
that was commented ages ago dude, this map needs a new review, not crappy old assessment

Level 7
thats 1 fast update dude, seriously, good job

*edit - and hey, the 1 of the naga skills cannot be used..its called melody song, from a naga siren i think, hell yeah...

*edit 2 - the hero Bandit from the Tavern, the skill Profuse Axe, has a shorcut key 'A', it overrides the current Attack Key 'A', fix it please....no fun clicking attack instead it casts a skill...zzz

Umm lol sorry i've gone through all the heroes hot keys I guess that slip by me again, in this version I fix alot of hot keys and gave avenger an extra ability and gave tuskarr a hero instead of the panada so im not really slapping minor updates if anyone is thinking like that. Ooo another thing adr3n im giving you credit as a tester for finding these small bugs thanks and keep it up, I hope we can play a game together.

Level 3
This is one of the best altered melee i have ever playd or i think it's the best but i see that tuskarr and centaur you have not work so mutch on them or have you?

Level 7
Yea your right about centaurs I just want to put it out there i'm going to refine them. The Centaurs I really want to remove the Gnolls but there is no worker for centaur. Right now I'm just adding custom spells and trigger as well as adding heroes and of course fixing any bugs I cross. Why do you feel the Tuskarrs are incomplete I'd like you feedback.

Level 2
centaurs are really overpowered, i forgot which upgrade, it looks like a hoof stomp that increases their attackspeed by 30%, after i upgraded, those centaurs were attacking super fast that it doesnt seem to be 30% increase, more then that i guess, i could decimate any army easily, sun fire from pyromage has a naga royal guard description, pyromage ultimate description is the dreadlords ultimate description, one of the harpy skill, has a tauren description called Harpy Flock and after learning the skill, it says something about Pestilence Horseman(its a typo, cause the unit is a harpy), i havent fully tested the Centaur races yet, oh another thing, have you fixed the skill on the naga siren called melody song yet? cos i have been busy with my job working extra time >.<

*edit - can you check all heros to make sure they have a hero glow?, the tuskarr magician(HERO) doesnt have a hero glow, so u might wanna add it :)

Last edited:
Level 3
Yes the centaur firemage are overpowerd the fire blizzard like spell when it's level 3 it can destroy an enemy fortress or a level 10 hero when you just use it one time.

{EDIT}
I must say youre a good maper so don't stop so many altered melee maps there people
just have put some models on units but you don't do it thumbs up for u 4.5/5

I have a idea too make AI play custom races i've heard of a trigger that does so AI play custom races when you switch handicap. Don't ask me about it im not so good at triggers but im not bad. =)

Level 2
the centaur static lizard icon doesnt change when i upgraded to shock lizard and description remains the same, the sacred relic item has some wierd bug, sometimes when you equipped it on a hero, then drop it down or vice-versa, my heros become very slow, then u drop and equip it back, it goes back to normal, after my hero reached lvl 10, that bug doesnt occur anymore :/ and 1 last thing before i go..the centaur fanatic(hero) 1 of the skills has hotkey 'M', it overrides the command Move 'M'...thats all for now >.<

*edit - i forgot to tell u that when u kill a unit, theres weird corpses hanging on the centaurs and they sway in the same motion when u attack something, u might wanna check it, hmm...

*edit2 - demon satanic tower doesnt attack air units..heh

Last edited:
Level 7
I must say youre a good maper so don't stop so many altered melee maps there people
just have put some models on units but you don't do it thumbs up for u 4.5/5

I have a idea too make AI play custom races i've heard of a trigger that does so AI play custom races when you switch handicap. Don't ask me about it im not so good at triggers but im not bad. =)

Thanks for the compliment. I've already done research into ai's there are two ways of doing it have several triggers to do actions of every unit and structures or type out a series of ai commands and functions then you can import it. I just don't have the patience and time to create the triggers or to learn how to type out the series of commands. I'm just creating stuff I already learned I will soon put out a new map some time next year.

Level 6
I like how many different races there are, but I miss really distinctive elements. All races are basically built up with the same scheme, all start with an ordinary barracks and all have this ultimate dragon-style building in the end. Also, there's plenty of tooltips errors you still have to fix. Still, keep up the work! Maybe reduce the race count a bit, but add more variety instead, at least that's what I'd prefer. Good luck with future versions!

Level 7
Always difficult to please everyone

I like how many different races there are, but I miss really distinctive elements. All races are basically built up with the same scheme, all start with an ordinary barracks and all have this ultimate dragon-style building in the end. Also, there's plenty of tooltips errors you still have to fix. Still, keep up the work! Maybe reduce the race count a bit, but add more variety instead, at least that's what I'd prefer. Good luck with future versions!

I always appreciate criticism but I don't like people who jumps the gun at negativity. The reason for this map is multiple various races you can play some other altered melee with a fewer count because this will stay at a 12. I yes I'd admit all have basic barracks it's because that's starting point for every race (ex. in warcraft 3 human barracks, orc barracks, ancient of war and crypt) you can't expect a race to make hard hitting unit right off the start. The reason that most of them have dragons building is because a lack of air models, I would have to import many air models making the map a large file size, i'd tried to vary (ex. centaur harpies, goblins rocketer-zepplin and satyr owls, forsaken barge-gorgon). I say your jumping the gun because you didn't give any map much of a chance I can see you playing one or two races for like 5 min and draw up a negative review from it. I mainly say that because all of them don't run on the same scheme with all different types of barracks with different units, heroes, upgrades and abilities.

Last edited:
Level 3
I hosted this and a guy sayed in the beginning that it was bad he picked the demon race sayed it was bad spells no custom models and bad units. He has a small point the demon race heroes are really lame and not so cool but i love the sindorei and goblin.

Level 7
I hosted this and a guy sayed in the beginning that it was bad he picked the demon race sayed it was bad spells no custom models and bad units. He has a small point the demon race heroes are really lame and not so cool but i love the sindorei and goblin.

Honestly I don't expect everyone to like or be extremely impressed with this map it's impossible unless you can recreate WOW exactly lol. Thanks for letting me know about the feedback for the Demon Race, I could think about improving the spells of the Demons.

I try and utilize the models that warcraft already have in the object editor and I will not use any custom models unless it is completely necessary. During developing this map it's like cause and effect when importing things I have to keep questions in mind would it greatly affect the size of the map are the models a requirement and with all the models of the Demon races they all fit the profile of Demon.

How in the world are the heroes lame :p they are all heroes made by warcraft pit lord, fire lord and dreadlord except for one, warlock. Honestly if a heroes fits the profile for a races I will throw them in because creating a hero is difficult because you can't slab random abilities and say done. I am not going to ramble on about how to create heroes I'm just trying to make a point.

Level 6
I always appreciate criticism but I don't like people who jumps the gun at negativity. The reason for this map is multiple various races you can play some other altered melee with a fewer count because this will stay at a 12. I yes I'd admit all have basic barracks it's because that's starting point for every race (ex. in warcraft 3 human barracks, orc barracks, ancient of war and crypt) you can't expect a race to make hard hitting unit right off the start. The reason that most of them have dragons building is because a lack of air models, I would have to import many air models making the map a large file size, i'd tried to vary (ex. centaur harpies, goblins rocketer-zepplin and satyr owls, forsaken barge-gorgon). I say your jumping the gun because you didn't give any map much of a chance I can see you playing one or two races for like 5 min and draw up a negative review from it. I mainly say that because all of them don't run on the same scheme with all different types of barracks with different units, heroes, upgrades and abilities.

I'm sorry if my criticism sounded so harsh, I just wanted to point out what I thought of some things. I never expected you to think the same, after all it was just some kind of opinion. And it certainly wasn't meant to be offensive or anything.
However, I'd like to repeat that point: yes, all warcraft races have their t1 barracks. But that doesn't mean this needs to be binding for a custom race map, does it? Also, why would every single race need an air unit? Maybe some others can get amphibious creatures instead or whatever. Of course the race without air units might have one disadvantage, but then again the search for a compensation might offer another chance of some creative elements.

And no, I didn't just play one or two races. I played every single race until I had at least all structures and all buildings.

Level 3
Why does it take so long for next update and you can listen to unhit i have request/ideas for units.
Request/ideas:
unit one:a big zepiline or a transport that can upgrade so ranged units can shot out and can drop bomb
unit two: a spellcaster unit that has nether abilltys if you have two both can do portal a short period between eatch other so units can step trougth
unit three: CREATURE THAT CAN SHOT LAZORZ OUT OF ITS MOUTH!!!
Unit 4:___,,,__^,.,^__,,,___

Level 7
I'm sorry if my criticism sounded so harsh, I just wanted to point out what I thought of some things. I never expected you to think the same, after all it was just some kind of opinion. And it certainly wasn't meant to be offensive or anything.
However, I'd like to repeat that point: yes, all warcraft races have their t1 barracks. But that doesn't mean this needs to be binding for a custom race map, does it? Also, why would every single race need an air unit? Maybe some others can get amphibious creatures instead or whatever. Of course the race without air units might have one disadvantage, but then again the search for a compensation might offer another chance of some creative elements.

And no, I didn't just play one or two races. I played every single race until I had at least all structures and all buildings.

Your feedback didn’t sound harsh “All races are basically built up with the same scheme” is the quote that set me off.

I’m sticking to t1 barrack because if you played a lot of strategy games you’ll notice that every game has a t1 barracks. Take into account the time to train t2 units would take longer as well as the time collect resources in order train them which will give them a great disadvantage if they were to get rushed. Another example you can’t have a race that can air units for t1 because they would just pick off everyone peasants at the start giving them a great advantage.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion and I would like to hear more. Since you said you ran through several races.

Amphibious and water units thought about it when I made Naga. I said no because wouldn’t make sense if centaur or humans can walk on water. I will also run into problems of giving everyone different types of shipyard and there isn’t enough ships to pass around to everyone.

Yes creativity is definitely an aspect but I also have to take into account of balancing. I thought about a mobile barracks, spawning two units instead of one similar to zerglings, units that provide food instead of buildings, and a race with super anti-air units that can’t make air units. This race if I ever get to it will be the Faceless race that defies all aspects of norm.

Why does it take so long for next update and you can listen to unhit i have request/ideas for units.
Request/ideas:
unit one:a big zepiline or a transport that can upgrade so ranged units can shot out and can drop bomb
unit two: a spellcaster unit that has nether abilltys if you have two both can do portal a short period between eatch other so units can step trougth
unit three: CREATURE THAT CAN SHOT LAZORZ OUT OF ITS MOUTH!!!
Unit 4:___,,,__^,.,^__,,,___

Well I have university classes so I don’t have as much time as I did a couple months ago. I like your ideas I will take them into account.

how long we will wait for the draenei

Well the Draenei outline is playable I can put up a button for them but they are far from completed, I estimate late March.

Level 3
Will it be Broken or normal?

{EDIT}
So mutch lag how can it go from not laggy at all to unplayable laggy? I can't play the new ver :(.

Level 18
Oh man i really hoped that this map wouldn't have It but it does :cry: .
Oh you wanna know what IT is?The Damn elfs!They are still with the humans :cry: but they have their one rase why is the spell braker and Dragonhalk Rider in the humans they're like 100%Blood elf (the Sorceress is half elf half human 'cuz her hair is brown not blonde like all the other elfs + she's hot so she can stay but those to elfs got to go)You can replase the SB with the human bandit model and he'll have anti magic skils,about the DR he can be replaced by some dragon thing,oh and that human hero guy(forgot his name) with the admiral Proudmore model kida sucks,I mean he's some holy warrior guy but we allredy have one and that's the paladin.Change him into a Knight (Lord Garithos Model) and add some knight like skils.So anyway map is good but could be better :thumbs_up:.Hope you do these changes.

Level 1
well...I don't know what to say...there are some annoying things in your map(for me) but i have to say,your overall creativity (especially the buildings;)) and the performance are kickass:D.Would you REALLY mind,if I would edit your map and add a Nerubian race?I promise it would be as awesome as the others,and it would be still just YOUR map,only you could indicate somewhere,that i'm the one responsible for the spiders,and with it of course,a minor altering in the Scourge race=).So?

Level 7
Hi, everyone who downloaded and enjoyed playing E.O.R. I am currently working full time and going to university.

So unfortunately I do not have time to work on this map but it is not exactly dead. I am working on E.O.R 2.7 giving each hero a unique abilities with additional jass, internally improving the structures of each race, and working on a faceless race. I do not have a time frame as to when I can update the map.

You can go to my website within my signature and easily subscribe and i'll mass email informing people my latest updated map instead of people asking me when is the update ready.