• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

E.O.R. V3B7: Leaflet Forest

Subraces have evolved into functional societies to build armies worthy enough to put a fight against the original four races or against each other.

Map contains 16 races Centaur, Draenei, Demon (Burning Legion), Forsook (Forsaken), Goblin, Human, Naga, Night Elves, Orc, Orges Satyr, Sindorei (Blood Elves), Shurnab, Tuskarr, Troll and Undead.

Credits of borrowed icons, triggers and models are shown within Map Info.

Additional E.O.R. are available to download Barren Eye, Ice Cube, Leaflet Forest and Dusk Outlands, Incoming Tides

Map is created by fokyip any questions, problems, bugs or inquires email [email protected].

Map is currently in BETA stages Testing new races, testing balance, adding new spells, and fixing bugs.

You can download an "Open Source" template map from http://victorfok.com/evolution-of-races-project enjoy!!

- Altered melee map playable as single or multi-player.
- Map initializes as free for all has a -ally and -unally system.
- Hero limit is 3 and food limit is 100.
- New units, buildings, heroes, and abilities.
- Map is protected.

*Centaur - Utilized the force of stamina to allow hit and run as well as quickly returning to defend base.
*Demon - Creates specialty units that specifics counter acts against mass production of strong units.
*Draenei - Specializes in magic abilities that greatly damages opposing armies during battle.
*Forsook - Focus' on the preservation of units allowing them to endure longer during battle.
*Goblin - Generates a quick production of units with high agility allow them to attack quickly.
*Human - Very strong against anti-air and ground to ground battles.
*Night Elf - Build strong aggressive units that could complete dominate a battlefield.
*Naga - Concentrates on adaptive units that counter act against any unit in battle.
*Orc - Develops an early attack force that greatly affects the development process of opponents.
*Orge - Every unit is powerful for it's level but very costly in resources.
*Quiraji - Race very weak at the beginning but very powerful when the race is fully developed.
*Satyr - Focus' on damaging an army by weaken them over time.
*Sindorei - Each Unit have special skill that allows them to battle with unusual abilities.
*Undead - Capable of building a self sustaining army if utilized properly they can defeat anyone in battle.
*Tuskarr - Disrupts the performances of opposing armies and increases the attributes of friendly units.
*Troll - Can quickly dispatch waves of armies that can overwhelm the opposing force.

V3B7
No more green icons
Compressed all icons
Changed model Altar of Argus. Orc Barracks, Tumble Tower, spell breaker, Naga Hall, Lancer, Dungeon, Cemetary
Added hero for Quiraji
Major rebalance for all units
Fixes to esticistic like armour type, unit sounds, walking movement and sync attacking
New triggered abilities Fire Dart, Devastation Envoy, Cannonade, Stun Grenade, Falling Rock
Renamed all SHURNAB to QUIRAJI
Fix Leap attack ability
Changed the Battering Ram, Alter Of Mechanics and Reef Scylla
Fix Tuskarr income issue.
Fix passive buttons and auto icons.
Fix Demon Blood
Fix Charmer Healing Source.
Added 1 Free Hero

V3B4
- New Races TROLL, ORGE, SHURNAB
- Ability Changes, Unit Changes, Tech Tree build
- Minor balance adjustments
- Fix Night Elf AI
- Fixed backpack races
- Fixed Altar for Demon lightning
- Change the Centuar to an automated resource
- Change the Tuskarr to an automated resource
- Fix glow for players
- Arcadian only heal during day time
- Centuars heals faster with increase of cost
- Fixed Life Extension
- Fixed Electric Transfer
- Fixed tooltip on Abilities, Units and Upgrades.
- Fix launch animations and sound sets
- Hero Limit Bug

V2.5.7
- Darenei Town Hall has lightning ability to defend itself
- Labour gets feedback ability
- Diabolist gets Fire Leak ability
- Capenter Support Orb ability
- Demon Town Halls has Reign of Fire ability
- Contraption has Juggernaught Ability
- Moved Mana Decimation from Diabolist to Ravager
- Reduced damage on whirlpool
- Fix a bug with summoning zombies
- Fix a bug return lumber on Darenei and Goblin
- Fixed effects of Ice Figure
- Minor changes to Bone Impact, Healing Bowl triggers
- Fixed Centuar heroes speed slow bug
- Windows pop up box alphabetical and delayed
- Fix 14 very minor fixes in object editor
- Fix 4 tool tip
- Changed status Contraption
- Reverted Haven back to orginal color
- Changed Local Souk building
- Changed stats of Hell Blood Upgrade
- Changed ability Baffle to Toxic Spill for Conjure
- Igloo gets Storage space
- Haruspex Revitalize changed the healing powers
- Made Pericing Javilin an ability.
- Renamed Contaminate to acid rain
- Fix 3 very minor bug in object editor
- Changed Haruspex Treatorous Roar to Umbra Link
- Renamed Bravery to Strenuous Chant
- Check THROUGHTLY of all races to retype text.
- New Creeps.
- MAJOR map clean up.

An "Open Source" template map is available to download.

Allowing map developers to see what I have done in the map to create branch versions from my project or to help develop their maps. I would like to get some kind of credit along with the people I gave credit to but I realize can't control people who discredits my work.

You can download my template map from E.O.R. V3B7: Template - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com enjoy!!

Keywords:
Races, Evolution, Centaur, Burning Legion, Demon, Draenei, Forsaken, Goblin, Human, Night Elf, Naga, Orc, Orge, Quiraji, Satyr, Blood Elf, Sindorei
Contents

E.O.R. V3B7: Leaflet Forest (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Approved 18:36, 29th Mar 2009, by Rui: See my comment on "Evolution Of Races V2.5.9 Barren Eye".
Level 7
Oh man i really hoped that this map wouldn't have It but it does :cry: .
Oh you wanna know what IT is?The Damn elfs!They are still with the humans :cry: but they have their one race why is the spell breaker and Dragonhawk Rider in the humans they're like 100%Blood elf (the Sorceress is half elf half human 'cuz her hair is brown not blonde like all the other elfs + she's hot so she can stay but those to elfs got to go)You can replace the SB with the human bandit model and he'll have anti magic skills,about the DR he can be replaced by some dragon thing,oh and that human hero guy(forgot his name) with the admiral Proudmore model kinda sucks,I mean he's some holy warrior guy but we already have one and that's the paladin.Change him into a Knight (Lord Garithos Model) and add some knight like skills.So anyway map is good but could be better :thumbs_up:.Hope you do these changes.

Umm I will consider replacing them but I'm not too sure because the Dragonhawk rider and Sorceress' has armor (aka skin) that fits well with the human race. If I do replace the Dragonhawk with Dragon then I problem of having too many races with dragons which I am trying avoid. The bandit's armor looks crude and barbaric so it does not look like he part of the alliance. Proudmore is a holy warrior but he's an offense warrior while the Paladin is defense warrior. I have to avoid importing the fewest amount of models due increase memory size which prevents the map to be played mutliplayer online. So as much as I want to replace a lot of models in my map with so many amazing models available I just can't stuff them in my map.

well...I don't know what to say...there are some annoying things in your map(for me) but i have to say,your overall creativity (especially the buildings;)) and the performance are kickass:D.Would you REALLY mind,if I would edit your map and add a Nerubian race?I promise it would be as awesome as the others,and it would be still just YOUR map,only you could indicate somewhere,that i'm the one responsible for the spiders,and with it of course,a minor altering in the Scourge race=).So?

Please show me some indication that you are a mapmaker then I will consider sending you an unprotected version. I mainly say this because my map was available in unprotected version but due to removing me from all credits or the map completely ripped I have to now screen my later versions.

What I made was Kobold and Ogre
but they got rejected cause they are tooooooo simple

That's interesting I'm actually looking for some one to create a basic centuar worker could you possibly create one for me?? and could you please post the link to your ogre worker?

Level 18
Umm I will consider replacing them but I'm not too sure because the Dragonhawk rider and Sorceress' has armor (aka skin) that fits well with the human race. If I do replace the Dragonhawk with Dragon then I problem of having too many races with dragons which I am trying avoid. The bandit's armor looks crude and barbaric so it does not look like he part of the alliance. Proudmore is a holy warrior but he's an offense warrior while the Paladin is defense warrior. I have to avoid importing the fewest amount of models due increase memory size which prevents the map to be played mutliplayer online. So as much as I want to replace a lot of models in my map with so many amazing models available I just can't stuff them in my map.

Well then remove the dragonhawk rider and for the spell braker use the bloodelf lieutenant he looks more like a human then the SP i said you could keep the sorceress.

Level 7
Okay, I'll make that centaur worker ^^
here: "Needs Fix" Ogre Worker

ummm, your still making draenei? (PLEASE SAY YES!)

Thanks I really appreciate it for the centaur worker I absolutely have no experience in model making.

Awesome, I might use your Orge worker, I have to figure out a structure for them.

Draenei is included in this version.

Well then remove the dragonhawk rider and for the spell breaker use the blood elf lieutenant he looks more like a human then the SP i said you could keep the sorceress.

That is not ideally for me to remove the dragonhawk rider because Warcraft balanced the humans well enough for me to not mess with the human's army structure. The blood elf lieutenant has already been used as a hero of the blood elves and the footmen of blood elf matches it as well.

I flip flop a lot problably more than 100 times since my first version. I feel comfortable with each unit maybe if it was a huge significance like a gnoll pretending to be a goblin then I would see it as a moderate issue, but blood elves that have pointy ears compared to humans with rounded ears I see it as very low issue.

I'm not trying to reject ideas I am open and willing to change but when I have a reason for dong things then I weigh it against the argument and make changes if needed.

Level 1
Oh hey,was here some time ago...I can fully understand that you recommend some kind of proof from me,i just waited for your answer,so I'll start working on it right now:wink:

Level 7
Oh hey,was here some time ago...I can fully understand that you recommend some kind of proof from me,i just waited for your answer,so I'll start working on it right now:wink:

You can download a template map on my website http://fokyip.com/wc3 it's open source. I realize that I hated it when fake authors relabeled my open source map as there own and doing this forces them to add there own flare to the map. They can call it there own but I would appreciate if they credited me.

Level 1
great map i love it its fun with comps and other players everything is just great on this map i play it almost every day :grin: 10/10

Level 4
I played the new patch with the goblin race. Pretty awesome compared to ages ago when I played this map(which back then, this map was utterly boring and laggy). The only problems I saw was that some of the item tooltips were wrong. All the +3 damage items dropped from the treant/dragonwelp camps actually gave 6 damage. The Bold Belt from the goblin's item shop says it gives +5 to all stats, but it actually gives +3 to all stats.

Also, why does Alchemist's healing spray heal enemy units within the AoE? that's pretty...umm...well I have strategized around it, but still.

Level 7
I like this map - that there are so many races.
I checked it and there are bugs i found:

Imported icons doesn't have DisBTN.
Many passive skills icons are active skill icon or DisBTN.
Some of abilities that have autocast doesn't have autocast icon: discharge magic, patch, infection... (maybe there are more of those abilities - i found these three)
Heroes that use non hero model always have red glow. No mather what team color is yours. (architect, crusher, poacher and may others)

Races:
Centaur:
---Lizards. When you upgrade them to volatile lizards they can't attack and barracks still train simple lizards.
---Item "barbaric bracer" gives +3 to all stats, but description says "+5".

Demon:
---Warlock's skill "blaze" hasn't got turn of icon, instead of it there is DisBTN and i don't think that this skill is useful for ranged unit.

Forsook:
---Hero revenant's name is Frostmourne... You should be more creative :D
---Why this race have transporting unit (sky barge), then any other race doesn't?

Goblin:
---Looks like their workers move slower than other race's workers.

Satyr:
---Heroes Toxicant and Geomancer looks totaly same.
---Model of battering ram made me laugh. :D

That's all i found... for now. I hope you will fix everything. After that i will rate your map.

Level 2
Just wondering, how did you create the trigger(s) needed for the leaderboard to select a race, and put them all on the map? I'm totally lost on how to do it. Can you post an example or something? thanks in advance

Level 1
this is just my opinion if you disagree i understand.

the bad things about the map-

the terrain is terrible it's just so weird and confusing you can change it to something like a normal forest then it would be much better

the wild monster camps are too op for example- i was building my hero altar as the trolls and suddenly i was attack by the caretaker camp near every start i tried to kill it by attacking it with the little army i had of trolls (including workers)
but when it was almost dead it just healed itself camps need a nerf atleast the ones near starts

the races - just a clusterfuck of random units with abilities that don't make sense

the heroes - random abilities unbalanced and some of them don't even work

the buildings - also random stuff that look similar put together

the good things about the map-

it's bad and random but still good if you could add workshop units and one that make sense not random stuff this could be good
but for the time being it's just random and bad.

i give this map as a whole a 1/5