• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dying/Resurrecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I have a bunch of Hero units (skins of Demon Hunter, Mountain King, etc.) and when they die, like every hero normally does, they leave a corpse, become a spirit and float into thin air.

My first question is: How can I make sure that when a unit dies, he falls on the ground, leaves a corpse, the corpse stays in the ground (selectable, but not attackable), but the spirit will still go up in the air?

Second question: How can I do thesame backwards when using a resurrecting ability or item? (so a spirit coming out of the air, into the corpse and the corpse stands up again as the unit it was before it died)

Level 6
hmmm...i not too sure about the selectable part, but if want the corpse to remain there all u need to do is to check the part that corpse do not decay in the object editor.
a harder way is to use triggers to replace the unit with a dummy corpse of the hero.

Level 21
Well, you want to copy Age of Myth, the stuff you want is easy, simply if the unit dies revive it instantly at the point where it died, pause the unit, play the death animation with 10000% faster animation speed and then set the animation speed to 0%, then do the stuff with the whisp. It will lay on the ground like death.

Level 2
Isnt there some special effect of the spirit? Something like this i think

Event - a unit dies

Condition - Unit equal to (hero)

Action - Create special effect above units head (special effect here)

Level 18
I've checked every single special effect, and I can't find anything that makes the "soul" fly.

The good part is that I now managed to make a trigger for the second problem I had (resurrecting), except for the part where the soul come back in the body. If I can get that, I think I can finish both triggers and post them somewhere, so everybody can use them.

(It's a real nifty looking trigger :wink:)

Level 18
No, I mean when a hero dies, you see his spirit/soul/ghost/whisp or whatever you want to call it, go up into the air and disappears.
I want to know how to activate that in a trigger, then I can use that in my triggers for Dying units and Resurrecting units.

Level 21
Avator... that animation got only on-board hero models from wc3, you need to do it with a dummy model if the model is not a on-board hero model, create a dummy whisp with locust and invulnerable on the units position, add and remove crowform, set the height to 200 or whatever over 1 second and then remove the whisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.