• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven warrior

Description
Rugged and sturdy Dwarven melee unit.
Versions
2nd December 2007 - Dwarven warrior. Based of rifleman model with footman animations.
24th March 2024 - Completely remade the model. Based on Ujimasa's rifleman with Bandit animations and added animations for fluff. Main model now includes the portrait.
Helmet, weapon, shield and shoulder pads are done from scratch in Milkshape3D. Other edits are done with Magos' war3 Model editor and RMS.
Special thanks to Footman16 for inspiring me to remake the model.
Disclaimer/Credits
Please give credits if you use it in your campaign/map.
Don't edit, repost or share my resources without my full and written permission.
You are not allowed to monetize your map/campaign in any way if you use these models.

If you wish to edit my resources, please write me a personal message on the Hive or on Discord and we can discuss your wish.

If you use the resource(s) in bad faith I have the full right to take away the ability to use this resource.
And if you have questions about the model, feel free to contact me.
Previews
Contents

Dwarven Warrior (2024) (Model)

Dwarven Warrior Icons (2024) (Icon)

Dwarven Warrior (2007) (Model)

Dwarven Warrior Portrait (2007) (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] Looks awesome, works ingame, and one of the best uses of the footman anims I've seen. My only suggestion is to lengthen the beard a bit. --donut3.5--
A lovely remake, why is his ribbon emitter blue though? Also I suggest changing death sound to rifleman, cause mountain king one is unfitting. Lastly, camera is a bit too high, try making it lower by 5 or so. Great work nonetheless.

View attachment 467314
Test it in-game yourself. The Hive's viewer has issues with multi-coloured ribbon effects.
I like the sound effect and I think it is fitting and I will also keep the camera.

Last edited:
Level 12
Test it in-game yourself. The Hive's viewer has issues with multi-coloured ribbon effects.
I like the sound effect and I think it is fitting and I will also keep the camera.
Ok. I was wrong about ribbon emitter. The sound though, if somebody uses this as footman when Mountain King is the hero, it would be confusing to hear MK death sound almost as if your hero just died. Using rifleman death sound is like how both grunt and orc warlock in game share the same death sound. And the camera, I will provide a comparison to make it more clearly what I mean when I say "it's a bit too high". But I respect your decision to keep everything the same. I'm just sharing my opinion.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.png
    2.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Ok. I wrong about ribbon emitter. The sound though, if somebody uses this as footman when Mountain King is the hero, it would be confusing to hear MK death sound almost as if your hero just died. Using rifleman death sound is like how both grunt and orc warlock in game share the same death sound. And the camera, I will provide a comparison to make it more clearly what I mean when I say "it's a bit too high". But I respect your opinion to keep everything the same. I'm just sharing my opinion.
It looks just fine on my end. Eyes are in the middle.
I changed the death especially so there is difference between different dwarfs.
1711349368235.png

Bandit animations is the perfect fit for the model indeed, I also like the texture choice, this feels fresh and warcrafty 👍 Oh, shield TC and inside patterns also look cool 👊
Though if it was my model, I'd remove ribbons in regular attack sequences so that since the animation is the same in the slam sequences you can only differ it by ribbon emitters, that would make more sense for slam instances IMO 🤔