• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarfen Strife

I was bored one day so i did a bit of fixing on this map, this is my 1st map ive uploaded and i haven't play tested it so ive got no idea if its any good.

New
-Wider passageways (i was asked alot about this)
-Unit spawns tweaked and fixed
-Balances

The kingdom of the Dwarves is at civil war as rebel forces fight loyalists throughout the underground city.

-Kill the enemy leader
-Capture CP's for bonuses or more troops (every 60 seconds)
-HQ CP's only give troops to players on their original side
-Capture the Altar (Kill it) to revive dwarfen leaders.
-There are a number of neutral CP's attack and capture them before your enemy (kill em to capture, I like saying that)

And thanks to all the peoples models in have used in this map. If this map is turns out to be successful ill put a thank you list into the map for future versions.

Just remembered, the help log (Quests) isn't finished in case your wondering.

Keywords:
dwarf, dwarven, strife, strategy, risk, capture, the, flag, ctf, control, point
Contents

Dwarfen Strife (Map)

Reviews
14:21, 22nd Jun 2008 Ash: It's not often you get a combination of good map and Dwarves, but when one comes along, you know it'll be a good laugh. And this one was. Admittedly, it has it's flaws, such as the gap in the doodads at the bottom right...

M

14:21, 22nd Jun 2008
Ash: It's not often you get a combination of good map and Dwarves, but when one comes along, you know it'll be a good laugh. And this one was.

Admittedly, it has it's flaws, such as the gap in the doodads at the bottom right (near the human spawn; use a pathing and line of sight blocker) the fact that the Loyalists have range and the Rebals don't and the fact that the 'secret gate' doesn't work because you haven't researched burrow.

But, apart from that the map is a good laugh. I'd like to see a few custom spells in there to make a little variation, and possibly change the hero models from the units (things can get confusing), but I enjoyed the closed, claustrophobic atmosphere that this map provided.

Sort out the few bugs to make your map a lot better, well done.

3/5 - A high 3 for a good map, I can't recommend it until the bugs are sorted out, though. Approved.