1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Triumph has risen from these uncharted shores. The 34th Modeling Contest Results are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dwarf Dreadnaught

Submitted by Em!
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
I was aiming at a Steam Golem and I used a reference image I found online to some degree then it dawned on me that this was basically a warhammer40k dreadnaught for dwarfs so I went in that direction and even added a flamethrower, neato.

Edit: Added another version of the chaos dreadnaught that hopefully managed to distinct itself even further from the lighter one.
Previews
Contents

Dwarf Dreadnaught (Model)

Dwarf Chaos Dreadnaught (Model)

ChaosDreadnaughtVer2 (Model)

1. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. Lord-of-Tuk

Lord-of-Tuk

Resources:
    Resources:
  3. Em!

Em!

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Same? If your question is lore related then that´s up to you. I created the darker one for my project for more evil sub-race of the dwarfs.

Edit: Oh Hell, I see what you mean, I must have added the same one twice. Fixed

4. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    By the way, took me sometime to realize you are showing 2 models, one with only darker skin other with lighter, because the lighter one that has its back facing to the viewer, at first glance it looked like a differently designed version of this Dreadnaught.

5. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I really like these. They look very cool.
    Would it be cool to have a different texture on the stone parts of the Chaos version to make it even more different?

6. Em!

Em!

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I experimented a bit, nothing that made it look anything but darker or more metallic which in my opinion just made it unappealing. Threw golden beard on the "lighter" one and it was hideous. I am open to suggestions if you have a specific texture in mind.

Edit: Looks like I have to fix some texture stretch/wrap issues thingies anyway.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 11:42 PM
  7. Jab1z

Jab1z

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, thats awefully nice, it's such a beautiful model...
    but i wished it had some ambient effects too...
    and the fact that it is all with in-game textures makes it so satisfying to watch...
    bloody brilliant model... <3 <3 <3

8. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay, I try to look for something.

EDIT: Check out the undead building textures. They might be something for you.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021 at 1:24 PM
  9. Em!

Em!

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah undead was my first try as well, thought I had it when I stumbled on the ancient ziggurat texture but then I started looking for bronze material and ended up with the human tower.

10. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Try the console textures. Human ones, they look pretty metalic. But with a little experiment the footman texture can be used for the metalic parts too.

11. xcube.pm

xcube.pm

Resources:
    Resources:
    Excellent work Warchief!

12. Em!

Em!

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have managed to find a good texture for the chaos one, finally. Took some work to mix and match. I wont be releasing that just yet as I want to replace the chaos version weapon with an axe, I also want to touch up on the textures on the lighter one and finally I have been looking at the warhammer dreadnaught to see what else I can do and I am gonna make a variant with a rockets for an arm instead of a flamethrower. I hope I will be finished before next week at least.