• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Changing Unit Parent Actors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to change the actor of this Battleship to a custom built actor, called "Dreadnaught". The idea is I want 2 different units in my map, both looking like battlecruisers, but the Dreadnaught will be bigger and longer.

However I cannot seem to find any User Interface that let's me change the parent unit actor. I've looked everywhere..

I remember asking in a post somewhere this same question, but I can't find that post, and I don't even think there was a response.

Any help, please?

Model.png

Level 5
dublicate the battleship and check only the BC actor(and weapons if u want them to do different damage). Now the second unit should have an actor called battlecruiser copy, which then you can change what you want with out it effecting the other one.

dublicate the battleship and check only the BC actor(and weapons if u want them to do different damage). Now the second unit should have an actor called battlecruiser copy, which then you can change what you want with out it effecting the other one.

Nope, the original BC copies the new Actor and uses it for itself, and I cannot find a way to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.