• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Dungeons, Dragons, Treasures!

What do you think of this map? Good idea,is it dumb and repetitive, or..?

• It looks great! Cant wait to try it out!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Might be fun, if youll make it properly.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I could think of things to improve, but its good idea.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Meh, doesnt look anyway special.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Looks boring. Bad idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other---> maybe write it to comment?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not what im looking for

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Heya Folks :D
I think its about time i posted this huge spam.

Dungeons, Dragons, Treasures!

Few bugs occured, m fixing some minor thins before doing playable beta release.

PS: Sorry, i tend to write long messages, hope its not TL;DR :D
What is this?
If you have ever played World of Warcraft, you might be familiar with Dungeons and Raids - you have party of 5/40 heroes, you enter huge dungeon, meet bosses, defeat them, get loot, and progress. Every boss has got different tactics, your party is always made of different heroes, and your job is to defeat them with your skills and skills.

What i want to do?
I like 5-man dungeons. Tactics. Epic fights and insane screams on Teamspeak when it gets really heavy.
So, im working on my own map - You pick 5 heroes. Enter huge dungeon. Meet bosses, learn how to defeat them, and then proceed further, as your heroes improve, and as it gets harder. And few nice secrets.
And of course. Majestic, forgotten dungeons waiting to be explored.

What its not going to be ?!
Simple Tank & Spank fights. No 25k hitpoint boss with Chain Lightning, Firebolt and Summon X. Every Boss will have mechanics youll need to follow to beat him. So it will be about skill and luck too! :p

And now things, step by step:
Players:
-Map will be for up to 5 players - 1 hero per player. If less people will play, one player will get to control more heroes, and so on. Single player mode will be also possible, though id would require some nerfs, as when you control 5 heroes, you cant control them as much as when you have got 1 or 2.
Regarding Single Player:
Im thinking about adding AI controller if youre on Single Player. Why? If you had 5 heroes, its very hard if not impossible to move them around, cast all spells and so on with all of them (2-3 heroes is top limit, then you dont have enough time to use all spells and so). So you could give one hero to player 2, controlled by Computer, and he would follow you, use spells, and so on. Less tasks for you.
PS: But this would be mostly for Damage dealing heroes. Healer and Tank should be player controlled, those are main heroes, and most responsible ones :)

Heroes and your Hero Party:
- Map will contain my own custom heroes. Youll be able to choose them, try them out, and then pick the one that suits you well.
-If you dont want my custom heroes, you can also choose from normal Warcraft 3 heroes. (More info at HeroForge below)
-Party will be made from 5 heroes.
-Each hero has got 4 abilities and 1 ultimate. One might be passive. More info at "Progress"
- Heroes will start at level 10 (More info at Dungeon Progress)
- When youe Hero dies, he will respawn at main "Town", but wont be able to join fight (if other heroes are still fighting) unless whole party is dead and fight is reset.
-I would like to add "HeroForge" too - place, where you can create your own hero, from classic Warcraft 3 Abilities. Since it would be disadvantage to have classic Warcraft 3 hero, with only 4 spells, while mine will have 5, and some classic Heroes have got some good and some utterly useless spells (Far Seer - Chain Lightning and Feral Spirit are great spells. But you wont use Far Sight and Earthquake at all. So why not have hero with Lightning, Feral Spirit, and 3 more spells you want?). So, create your own hero! But of course, with 4 classic abilities and 1 ultimate. Of your choice. (well, not useless spells like Farsight (useless in this map))

Party Make-up:
In Dungeons, youll need to survive if you want to kill something. So, you will need somebody to heal you. Somebody to kill things that want to kill you. Somebody to taunt enemies, so your weaker heroes will survive.
So, i divided heroes into few categories:
Healer: Hero that is capable only of healing friends. Buffing them. keeping your party alive. You will NEED at least one of those. (actually, only 1 :3)
Spell Examples: Rejuvenation, Holy Light, Healing Wave
Hero Examples: There arent any in standard Healer heroes Warcraft 3, tbh :3
Support: Weaker healers, capable of damage, supporting party and helping friends.
Spell Examples: Summons, Healing Spells, Auras, nasty damage spells.
Hero Examples: Keeper of the Groove, Paladin, Shadow Hunter
Destroyer: AoE Damage Dealers, that can easily die, and easily kill hordes of weaker enemies.
Spell Examples: Flame Strike, Starfall, Rain of Fire, Blizzard
Hero Examples: Blood Mage, Pit Lord
Tank: Those guys capable of taking damage. One should be always in your party, to protect your Destroyer and Healer from damage. Much hitpoints, good defensive skills.
Spell Examples: Avatar, Evasion, Spiked Carapace
Hero Examples: Mountain King, Demon Hunter, Crypt Lord
Dueler or what :D : Sometimes you wont face boss and his minions, but only boss, and thats when hero with AoE spells become useless and heroes with mainly Single-Target damage come in handy. I guess heroes, not as vulnerable as Destroyers, and capable of dealing damage belong here
Spell Examples: Storm Bolt, Shadow Strike, Mana Burn
Hero Examples: Errr

Progress:
- As you will defeat bosses, your heroes will get stronger.
This part is still not perfect and i might change it.
- After you defeat boss, every hero will get 1 more level = so, one skill point for abilities and some stats.
- Bosses shold keep getting harder, more complicated and will require more and more skill (and strength :D) to defeat!

Items:
Similarly as Progress, i might change this.
Bosses should give you some loot - Items of good and better quality, that will give stats and other things to your heroes. Originally i wanted to have 5 types of items:

(Colours of quality are kinda from WoW :D)
Consumables: Potions, scrolls, and so on. You will get some HP and MP potions before each fight, about 2-3 per hero, for free.
Uncommon: Better items, that give some minor stats. Buyable.
Rare: Items dropped from bosses. Each Boss will drop 2 (?) Rare items. Each boss will have different "Loot Table", but all of them should drop items for Damage Dealers, Punishment Takers, Healers, and so on.
Rare Item should give stats equal to 10 from any stat - 10 Str, Agi, Intel. but 10 Strength is pretty much like 400 HP, or lets say 25 bonus damage, so their stats will vary, but they all should be equally good.
Epic: Each boss will drop 1 (?) Epic Item, twice as strong as Rare ones.
Legendary: Those items are so insanely strong, that they wont even be acquirable, ill think of something for them :D

Bosses and Dungeon:
- Each Boss will have his own room, once fight starts, you cant run away, only win or die.
- There wont be any "Trash Mobs" between bosses, only Boss room - corridor - boss room and so on. Most of the time. But feel free to explore the dungeons, there are few secrets hidden!
- Each Boss will require some tactic to defeat him, if you "will stay in the fire", you will most likely die, while if you stick to the plan, you might defeat him without any problems (okay, with less problems :D)

Also, since youll need to figure out tactics... There are few ways.
The simple one is to ask me. Ill post here list of tactics for each boss, as not everybody might find out what to do atfer first try (i guess everybody will die one or twice till he gets stuff right, then just to follow it :D), and some things are hard to figure out. So:
- I guess ill post list of tactics.. here.. somewhere..
- And then Intelligence: (i couldnt come up with better name)
If you wont have the wits, ill turn one of your heroes into sage. Now and then, when something happens during fight, you might get message from your hero that says "Hey, that X looks like we might use it to Y !" and so on - and yeah, the point will be exactly what that hero said!
So your hero might figure out tactics together with you.
And also, one randomly chosen hero will turn into my Avatar and spam jokes, sing and yell random stuff during fights. Just as i do when im in WoW Raid/Dungeon :) (and if you dont like me, you can turn it off :()

Screenshots, current data, and more stuff! (Beta stuff)

2mx3adf.jpg

2v0087l.jpg

21dhdu0.jpg

5ewu43.jpg

2hg6ckx.jpg

Still in Beta, most Heroes are only half-completed due to lack of ideas and lazyness.
But ill add some names and short description :D (Lore later :D)
Ivodine Sarfani - Priest - Healer. Very powerful.
Astatine Sarfani - Paladin - Can take some damage, can heal friends, can deal some nice damage.
Shaddy - Pure Shadow - Ranged hero, adept at crippling enemy forces from afar and evading combat.
Richie - Heavens Vanguard -Strong offensive hero, good at dealing tons of damage.
Eugenim Tega - Bloodbane - Strong hero, that uses Life to cast spells and abilities. High speed, high life pool, hard to kill.
Maelstorm - Unbalanced Engineer - Melee hero armed with sabre and gun, that can easily move around battlefield and use quick and random attacks.
Mouzyy Fochscrowl - Thats me! -(Adventurer) - Melee fighter hero, with minor skills in magic.
Tarene - Swift Light - Fast, light healer that can easily move around battlefield, and while she has weaker heals, (like Ivodine), she can use them more often.
Fal'tir - Guardian - Battle mage that isnt afraid of rolling in the vanguard of army and blasting foes at close range.
Sophie - Teh blonde archer - Ranged hero, adept at supporting party, healing friendly units, and yet striking foes.

List is still increasing, id like to have at least 3-4 healers later on (currently its 2) and around.. up to 20 heroes, lets say.

Other Heroes:
Shaed'Arain - Necromancer - Adept at summoning undead creatures and destroying enemy forces.
Lane - Healer - Errr
Nite'Arain - errr

And one special hero. Woo! :D

Well, sometimes i see people recruiting people for their projects. No offense, but im mostly Solo-player. I do stuff by myself. Now and then i might ask for help, and it some help is nice, but i wouldnt like big team of people working on my map. Or i dont know. Its cause m unreliable and stuff. But feel free to give any kind of feedback, and if youre up for some help, i might consider it, but, again, im solo guy. :D

Current Bosses:
Chapter I
Shaed'Arain, the Skeletal King.
Kuca and Paca. Wolf kin.
Aeon. Pyromaniac.

Upcoming:
Chapter II
Amandus and Bagundae. Sword and Voice.
Nite'Arain. Skeletal Warlord.
Twilight Shaman.
And few more.

Map not yet available for download. I could use some ideas to improve it, it will still take me soome time to finish very first part of it.
Thats it! I bet i forget something. You can post your feedback, ask questions, tell me im dumbass and my map sucks, and stuff.
Byez!

Last edited:
Level 7
Teehee, now thats sweet :D
Currently i just need to finish Aeon encounter, then add some simple mechanics for picking heroes and finish heroes, and then very 1st version might come out :3
Then i hope there will be positive reactions to 1st version of map :3

Level 15
D&D is a very old fasion and I will most likely leave if I ever joined a game like that on mistake.
Edit:
@ naruto maps are much more intresting due to being corrently made all over the world.
@ dota maps are much more intresting due to being corrently played all over the world.
@ warcraft 3 originals - not many people over bnet play them, why? since warcraft 3 is old.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

D&D is a very old fasion and I will most likely leave if I ever joined a game like that on mistake.
Edit:
@ naruto maps are much more intresting due to being corrently made all over the world.
@ dota maps are much more intresting due to being corrently played all over the world.
@ warcraft 3 originals - not many people over bnet play them, why? since warcraft 3 is old.

I'd really like to disagree with your statement. First of all, Naruto maps are almost always lacing in one or even several key aspects. Furthermore, they are usually simplified MOBA maps or a commonplace RPG. In regard to warcraft 3 classics suffering from lack of attention, that's not really the case, I'm not sure when you've last logged into battle.net but there are still warcraft 3 maps that are not even closely connected to naruto or dota but are still being played. Lastly, I want to stress that, as the author has stated, this map is meant to be played with friends, preferably with a means of communication.

Level 7
I'd really like to disagree with your statement. First of all, Naruto maps are almost always lacing in one or even several key aspects. Furthermore, they are usually simplified MOBA maps or a commonplace RPG. In regard to warcraft 3 classics suffering from lack of attention, that's not really the case, I'm not sure when you've last logged into battle.net but there are still warcraft 3 maps that are not even closely connected to naruto or dota but are still being played. Lastly, I want to stress that, as the author has stated, this map is meant to be played with friends, preferably with a means of communication.

Well, regarding DoTa and Naruto maps, i dunno, i actually rarely played online so i dunno, whether its only your subjective opinion or fact, buti dont think every map of Naruto and Dota genre is godlikely scripted.

And as DSgamer said, yep, it would be nicer to play with some friends, also because it might improve communication :)D and you might have Teamspeak/Mumble on), and im afraid if you played it with random folks some might get lost in the gameplay, tactics and so on, but ill still have to see about that. Im not yet acquainted with WC3 online community :D

Id like to make it noob-friendly too, give there anough tooltips and mesages at start to understand it, but not to overdo it with loads of advice spam or not give any at all, so i hope that might help when playing online with strangers :D

Well, i bet i forget something, and i hope i answered some stuff and my reply makes sense. yay :D

Level 7
Mkay, bumping thread and posting some info :D

I just finished Hero selection system, i gave there some tooltips to lead you, and i added mechanic that you can pick hero, try his spells out, and then return him if you dont like him, to pick new one. So:

1:) You select hero. This will show you tooltip about him, some abilities, information, and so on. I wanted to make them moveless like statues and owned by player with shared units, so you could see his abilities too, but that doesnt work well :(
2:) You write "Pick" as message, and selected hero will become yours. You can see his spells now, and you can go to the left, where there are dummy skeletons and gnolls waiting for you, and you can try your spells out on them.
3:) If you dont like hero, simply walk with him to other heroes, you will lose control over him and now you can pick another one.
4:) If you like hero, simply go south to Waygate, which will teleport you to small friendly camp. Wait there for others and then roll.

Other info: You can pick only 1 hero at time. 1 hero per player.
- If there are less than 5 players, PLAYER 1 will become "Game Master" - basically, for every non-user player, he will get 1 extra choice of hero. So if you play as 2 players, 1st player will get to pick 4 heroes.
Those heroes can be then given to other players.
Hopefully noone will abuse this.

Things to be fixed/added: - Since Healer is Must-Have, ill add mechanic so that you will HAVE TO choose your healer as 1st hero. And only 1 healer.
- Ill add messages to heroes (those messages they say when selected)
- That floating text that says how to pick hero doesnt show up or shows somewhere else.

21jaiqa.jpg

m8elgw.jpg

I erased Hero hitpoints in mspaint, because they had like 100k HP because i was testing stuff. Normally its way smaller.
2ur82ok.jpg

2eckaj7.jpg

29kqs89.jpg

2h2ip6o.jpg

20gcs3o.jpg

What to do: 3rd boss, Aeon is in balancing phase, mechanics work, but i have to nerf him/strengthen him to be actually defeatable. Then few tweaks with Hero- Selection system and tada.

Level 15

The thread asked all of us of what we think of Danguens and Dragon map - its good to show that there are several opinions about it.
Me? I still think that naruto map will be much more popular.
Me? I still think that players prefere attack players than attacking computer players.
But it is my opinion, so if the thread starter decides to listen to me and make it into another saga than D&D then I think I gave him a good advice.
I accept people who like D&D maps, but I would prefere to actually see it inside of the thread statistic for fairness reasons (I want to see just how many people prefere this over that, since in my opinion, arround 1% will choose danguens and dragons over dota-naruto map).

Other info: You can pick only 1 hero at time. 1 hero per player.
- If there are less than 5 players, PLAYER 1 will become "Game Master" - basically, for every non-user player, he will get 1 extra choice of hero. So if you play as 2 players, 1st player will get to pick 4 heroes.
Those heroes can be then given to other players.
Hopefully noone will abuse this.
Suggested Fix:
1 player:
Get 5 heroes.
2 players:
Each get 2 heroes. / 2 and 3 at random.
3 players:
Each get one hero. / 1 and 1 and 3 at random.
4 players:
Each get one hero. / 1 and 1 and 1 and 2 at random.
5 players:
Each get one.

Level 7
Suggested Fix:
1 player:
Get 5 heroes.
2 players:
Each get 2 heroes. / 2 and 3 at random.
3 players:
Each get one hero. / 1 and 1 and 3 at random.
4 players:
Each get one hero. / 1 and 1 and 1 and 2 at random.
5 players:
Each get one.

Thats exactly what i said and implemented to my map.
But 3 players = 2/2/1 is better.
(and i hope some noob wont abuse it and have 4/1 heroes in 2 player game, or so)

And also, its your subjective opinion. I like killing monsters, not controlled by players too. You know, there always has to be something for EVERYONE in WC3 sphere, if you told everybody that Naruto maps are great, everybody would make them and other folks would suffer. So for people who like Naruto maps, shoo, for folks who would like something with Dungeons and Dragons, welcome here. :D

And also, what do you want me to do? :D i mean, shall i create another DoTa map with my 15 heroes? The same thing over and over, with up to 20% difference in gameplay? (and different heroes, but 80%+ same gameplay) I aint gonna turn this into Dota/Naruto map. Later, i might use those heroes i created in Castle Siege map, or some other map, maybe even Naruto/Dota stuff, but for now, ill stick to mine project.

*Think of it like big mini-game or campaing for more players. Or something like that. Its pretty much something like that.

Level 15
"Dungeons, Dragons, Treasures! - What do you think of this map? Good idea,is it dumb and repetitive, or..? "
" So for people who like Naruto maps, shoo, for folks who would like something with Dungeons and Dragons, welcome here. :D"

You opened a discustion about weather or not people think the saga you follow is worthy to follow, you got my opinion.
I thought you asked the thread reader's opinion to know weather you are doing well or not and change your map according to the reader's answer - BUT it seems you just try to advertize your map's saga which you create, without thinking of changing it.
"for people who like Naruto maps, shoo,"
Fine, I go away - since I didn't come for advertizes.

Level 7
Well i aint gonna change it into DoTa map, thats totally unrelated map style to this, even if everybody ranted that, i could already start whole new project.

And also: "for people who like Naruto maps, shoo,"
Thats pretty much what the last option in poll said, if you like something totally different from this, like DoTa, then you can either say i should rework it to Dota Map (what im not gonna do. I dont like those maps.) or dont mind this. I wonder about further options

And about that poll, sentences
"Dungeons, Dragons, Treasures! - What do you think of this map? Good idea,is it dumb and repetitive, or..? "
" So for people who like Naruto maps, shoo, for folks who would like something with Dungeons and Dragons, welcome here. :D"

basically summarize that - If you got some idea what i could improve, i might use your advice. Im stubborn most of time, but there are few things that i could really use some feedback to improve.
Okay, i also feel that those other, more negative poll choices are dumb, as if somebody doesnt like this map, and only improvement might be to change it to something utterly different, that opinion is kinda irrelevant, as .. im not gonna do that.

Argh, i suck at arguments and similar stuff, i either cant explain stuff properly or.. whatevs.

And last one

You opened a discustion about whether or not people think the saga you follow is worthy to follow, you got my opinion.
I thought you asked the thread reader's opinion to know weather you are doing well or not and change your map according to the reader's answer - BUT it seems you just try to advertize your map's saga which you create, without thinking of changing it.

Okay, i guess i might translate what i said before, basically:
Im workin on DnDnT map. There are some things i could use advice and feedback - like, how to make heroes level and abilities scale, what to nerf, what to strengthen, what mechanics or stuff to add, and so on. So yeah, id accept some responses from people etc. But people ranting the way i chose, and the style of map im going to make. Thats not what im looking for. If i found some map in Development forum here, and i wouldt think its popular or something, i would keep my mouth shut. I guess.

BUT it seems you just try to advertize your map's saga which you create, without thinking of changing it.

To sum it up, Id like to make my map as good as possible, without straying from its original theme.
Ill never make everybody content, always some Dota folks will rant it, but i wont make them play it, ill make nice map for those folks, who might enjoy it.

Sorry, i hope you understood me, and i guess im too stubborn to say sorry or anything if i offended you. I hope what i said makes sense, its not cyclic argumentation or whatever.. aand its sane.

Err..

TL, DR

Level 7
But since so far its only in Alpha, as actual map is still being created, i just posted this topic so people might know what s somebody working on, and together with that, what does community think about this idea - and as you said, its probably not as popular as Dota :/

But id like to see some reviews when it comes out (90% done from Beta "First Chapter"), until then its here just to show people my project :D And while not yet reviews about map, i could at least get some reviews about style of map, as you already did.

But youve got a point too, im kinda afraid ill be to stubborn and ill stick to mine ideas instead of communities, for example, somebody would like to change its very base - Heroes with 4000HP, big spellbook, bigger boss arenas, and so on.. Id like to stick to original plan. I have yet to see how will that work out!

Level 15
But since so far its only in Alpha, as actual map is still being created, i just posted this topic so people might know what s somebody working on, and together with that, what does community think about this idea - and as you said, its probably not as popular as Dota :/

But id like to see some reviews when it comes out (90% done from Beta "First Chapter"), until then its here just to show people my project :D And while not yet reviews about map, i could at least get some reviews about style of map, as you already did.

But youve got a point too, im kinda afraid ill be to stubborn and ill stick to mine ideas instead of communities, for example, somebody would like to change its very base - Heroes with 4000HP, big spellbook, bigger boss arenas, and so on.. Id like to stick to original plan. I have yet to see how will that work out!
In a funny way I was told to replace my internal map systems completely, I was totaly confused and did it anyway - once I finished, I loved what it became. :thumbs_up:

Level 7
i start to hate this argument...
So, what do you propose? Starting making Naruto Map? (i cant talk about reworking to it. Its like trying to turn stone to water) Please, if it comes to that, at least give me idea of something i dont loathe so much.
Or, what was your project, since you mentioned that? Some similar total overhauling or what? -.-
ps: i really start o grow tired of this -.-

Last edited:
Level 15
i start to hate this argument...
So, what do you propose? Starting making Naruto Map? (i cant talk about reworking to it. Its like trying to turn stone to water) Please, if it comes to that, at least give me idea of something i dont loathe so much.
Or, what was your project, since you mentioned that? Some similar total overhauling or what? -.-
ps: i really start o grow tired of this -.-
You hate this argument because it is a confusing subject: you want people to review your map just by watching 6 pictures out of it.

My map was RPG, and I was told to show the actuall damage made on the unit instead of simply showing the corrent hp its having, also to make that shown damage as small as ever, I was trying to make a floating text that make you unmark "show corrent health on unit" to try and make something intresting, but I followed th reader instructions and it became a very improved map which I loved.

About Naruto map: I created several projects but the most eyecatching who got the major attention was my narutodota map, which was a very buggy map but still got improved just because it looked awesome and followed something new.
This is how I made it:
https://www.google.co.il/webhp?source=search_app#safe=off&site=webhp&source=hp&q=WARCRAFT+3+NARUTO+MODELS&oq=WARCRAFT+3+NARUTO+MODELS&gs_l=hp.3..0i19l2j0i30i19l2j0i8i30i19l6.1922.11406.0.12141.37.26.9.2.5.2.536.6619.0j10j11j3j1j1.26.0....0.0..1c.1.20.hp.JmnwXxQToUY&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.49967636%2Cd.Yms%2Cpv.xjs.s.en_US.9jgl75mduIg.O&fp=6a7c95a27f39327&biw=906&bih=444
http://chaosrealm.info/forum/3068344/
http://chaosrealm.info/forum/3068390/
WOW THIS BRING BACK MEMORIES!!!
OK THIS WAS THE MODELS AND NOW FOR THE INFORMATION / TEXT / IDEALS / ALL ELSE:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Narutopedia
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Wind_Release:_Rasenshuriken
AND THIS IS NOT HIGHLY SUGGESTED SINCE THEY WILL CALL YOU ANOTHER COPY OF DOTA, BUT IF YOU, LIKE ME, HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO BALANCE THE SPELLS AND AURAS:
http://www.playdota.com/heroes
ITEMS IDEALS:
http://www.playdota.com/items
JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU MUST CREATE SOMETHING IN BONUS, AND ALSO DELETE SOME ELEMENTS THAT MAKE DOTA BEING DOTA AND YOUR NARUTO MAP BEING A NARUTO VILLAGE WHICH IS UNDER ATTACK :thumbs_up:

IN CHAOS REALM ABOVE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD VILLAGE HOMES.
IF YOU NEED IDEA OF ITEM THAT DOTA DON'T HAVE: A ITEM THAT GIVE 100% DEFENSE FROM SPELL AND MAGIC DAMAGE, BUT DROPS ON DEATH AND HAVE THE SAME COST AS DEVINE RAPIER.

ALSO REMEMBER TO NEVER GIVE UP LIKE NARUTO NEVER DOES, THE MORE TIME YOU SPEND ON A SINGLE MAP (EVEN YEARS, LIKE ICEFROG DO TO DOTA) THE MORE IMBA IT BECOMES.

IF YOU NEED MORE HELP FEEL FREE TO ASK ME.

Level 7
You hate this argument because it is a confusing subject: you want people to review your map just by watching 6 pictures out of it.

For godsake! I started this project kinda recently and ive got only few screenshots, and you are surprised that ive got only 6 of them cause there isnt much to show yet?! Mostly im looking for some ideas or actual feedback of what i miight improve (some mechanics in gameplay), NO OVERHAULING TO NARUTO. Ad some starting projects dont have even 6 screenshots, and there is reason or that, which i jus said -.-

My map was RPG, and I was told to show the actuall damage made on the unit instead of simply showing the corrent hp its having, also to make that shown damage as small as ever, I was trying to make a floating text that make you unmark "show corrent health on unit" to try and make something intresting, but I followed th reader instructions and it became a very improved map which I loved.

I might do this one, but i guess it will mostly cause huge comonion - when youve got 5 heroes, each being attacked by 2 weak skeletons, some boss etc, you get loads of floating text and cant see a thing, i guess. I might try but, i kinda doubt that. (even if only Heroes' dmg was shown)

And for the rest

IM NOT MAKING NARUTO OR DOTA MAP
SO PLEASE STOP CONVINCING ME TO DO IT!

Understand it? Like, do you really spam everyones topic with Naruto maps? There are other campaings and maps that you can go convinging people to turn it into Naruto map, and im not going to turn this into that unoriginal monstrosity, so....

Last edited:
Level 7
Then stop asking.

Well, thats called Sarcasm (or i think its sarcasm. Or Irony. or whatever), you know? hope you get me.

But besides that, im merely bumping thread and posting something, because i feel like i abandoned this project if i didnt write a single thing in s week :D

But besides that, ive got loads of things to do right now, together with part time job and some nice music festivals, and i also wanted to do first beta-test with my friends, but one is unavailable and my new notebook cant seem to arrive, so it has to be kinda postponed - or the other option is, that ill work tirelessly at this night and might just finish it (basically i just have to fix spell tooltips, add few comments to gameplay and maybe last tweak at one boss) before music festival, post it here as Beta version, and after i return i might find some feedback? :D

Anyway, this is mostly for bump. I hope it isnt against rules or whatever to bump thread now and then. Ill try to think of something, with some luck ill post Beta version here if you would like to try it out, and if not, i hope ill finally do it before next weekend (all this real world chaos should be over by then).

I always write lengthy and useless messages!

Status
Not open for further replies.