• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Dune models

Level 25
Excited for the Dune: Part Two movie and loving the first movie but not having read the book(s) I would love to add Dune heroes and races to my map.
Hence, I would need SD models.

So far I only found:

Useful stuff I need:
  • Ornithopter (could use the Flying Machine for now but looks completely different)
  • Buildings with ancient structure like the city in the movie
  • The shield effect.
  • Harvester (maybe Siege Engine for now?).
  • Harkonnen big ship which destroys the city.
  • Atreides big transport ship.
  • Imperial landing ships.
  • The big ship for space travel.

I found this map so far: Download "Dune: the Battle For Arrakis" WC3 Map [Other] | newest version | 4 different versions available | Warcraft 3: Reforged - Map database and will check it out later but I found none on Hive.

For the ground troops, I can use some space marine warrior models with swords like:

but any other unit model with sword for Fremen etc. is welcome. I want to create a basic race maybe combining some forces Fremen and Atreides or something like that.

Level 13
There's a bunch of shield effects here in hive already. Here, plus 1 shield (Credits: Judash) from another site (Chaosrealm). I don't recall how the shield looks like in the movie been a while since I seen it.

Dune Models

I also extracted the Windtrap and Thopter models from the map you linked. These other Dune unit models also existed from XGM.

Credits: Jusper, KO3bMA

Mike have lots of desert buildings which you might useful.

Attachments

• Harvester by Jusper, KO3bMA.png
    Harvester by Jusper, KO3bMA.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Harvester.7z
    533.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Devastator by Jusper, KO3bMA.png
    Devastator by Jusper, KO3bMA.png
    342.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Devastator.zip
    245.9 KB · Views: 3
  • SandBuggy by Jusper, KO3bMA.png