• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Dune 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've always wanted for there to be a Dune map on Warcraft III...does anyone know of any progress that has been made on one, and would anyone be willing, while I am away for 4 months, to start working on models? The only Dune one I could find was on the Hive - a pretty good Sandworm skin.

I feel like this is right up Marshmalo's alley. Maybe Mizmoon's (you guys know him as Fingolfin) as well.

This was my idea on the map from 2011 -

"DUNE - ARRAKIS
PLAYERS

House Atredies (2 Players) - House Atredies has a renewed presence on Arrakis. They have been contracted by the Emperor of the known universe to mine and produce the Spice. Although, not the largest of the Houses, the Atredies are by far the most influential, it is said that Atredies soldiers could even rival the Emperor's dreaded Shadukar forces. House Atredies specializes in Sonar and Water Conservation technology.

House Harkonnen (4 Players) - House Harkonnen has the largest presence on Arrakis. They have been contracted by the Emperor of the known universe to mine and produce the Spice for over 50 years. House Harkonnen is plagued by internal strife, with the Lord of the House barely keeping control of his Princes and Generals. House Harkonnen specializes in Spice Extraction technology.

The Fremen (5 Players) - The Fremen are the natives of Arrakis. They live on random rock formations found in the deep deserts. The Fremen depend on Water to survive, and could care less about Spice extraction. The Fremen are all independent tribes with different motives...some support Harkonnen, some Atredies and some The Emperor. None of the Houses could survive on Arrakis without Fremen survival techniques. To make an enemy of the Fremen is to lose Arrakis. The Fremen specialize in Stealth and Water Conservation Technology.

The Emperor (1 Player) - The Imperial forces have been what has kept Arrakis from being divided by the Houses for years. Sadly, your reign is in decline. The Harkonnen, Atredies and Fremen forces all outnumber Imperial, it is only an amount of time before war over the Spice breaks out. A war that you cannot prevent. The Emperor must be smart, his spies and his allies in the Gene Bassit are is number one asset. The Imperials specialize in Weapons and Shield technology.

MAP

Arrakis in the books was said to be covered with mostly deserts.
We will try to refelect this, with about 80% of the map desert.

The game has two resources, Spice, which is exchanged for currency, and Water"

http://www.diplomunion.com/index.php?threads/dune-2000.19232/#post-570160

Level 15
I would like to see the worm pulse in the spell section. How cool wouldn't that be? :D

Personally I would opt for a more open sandbox play, you start with a main base that can dig into the sand at some place, like those LOTR builder maps.

Last edited:
Level 4
YES YES YES
I was so excited to read this.
Just make sure that units fit in, I mean models, if you made new models it would be really kewl. Just you will have to adapt the war3 system, and make some enhancement in it. But the idea is great, and I would play it, definitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.