• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Dummy Unit Spell Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I have been having trouble with dummy unit spells. It's weird because I have some that work, and I just copy the exact trigger, changing the spell used and the spell under conditions. I'm getting frustrated.

Also the maximum speed is not that fast. I want to make my unit to go faster (charge) is there a better way than what I have?

My spell is supposed to make your unit charge. The charging works (too slow though). I just can't get the damage reduction to work. I could just make a spell based off of Claws of attack, make it negative, and add it to the target and units around the target, but I want to figure out why this trigger is not working.

Last, is there no way to make a unit cast howl of terror? It's not under any of the unit castings.

• Charge
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Charge
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummyunit for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Charge Damage Reduction to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Spellbook - Charge to (Triggering unit)
      • Player - Disable Spellbook - Charge for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Spellbook - Charge from (Triggering unit)

Level 29
1. Maybe you are having problems with the Order IDs ?

2. Add a speed ability with whatever precentage/value you want.

And example for a speed aura would be the ability Boots of Speed use.
If you don't want the hero to see it, make it in a disabled spell book.
For general info and putting hidden passive abilities into spell books, look here.

• Unit - Order someUnit to Neutral Pit Lord - Howl Of Terror

Any ability that doesn't target a unit / a location, is considerd as "Order With No Target".

Level 34
Thanks for the howl of terror.

Order ID's? It's the exact same as trigger that work. : (

You didn't notice that I already am using a spellbook? For the charge I give the Hero the disabled spellbook with a max boots of speed. It works fine, it's just that the speed is too slow. I changed the max unit speed in the Gameplay constants, but it still isn't fast enough.

Level 29
Order ID's? It's the exact same as trigger that work. : (

I mean your abilities Order ID

You didn't notice that I already am using a spellbook? For the charge I give the Hero the disabled spellbook with a max boots of speed. It works fine, it's just that the speed is too slow. I changed the max unit speed in the Gameplay constants, but it still isn't fast enough.

Whops didn't notice.
You may try using an aura (dunno if that will change the speed though).
In case it doesn't help, I guess you'll need to do the move triggerd :/

Status
Not open for further replies.