• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Dummy triggers noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok, so im trying out just now on how to do dummy units. so far, I understand it except one small trigger detail.

for example:
"Order last created unit to <silence> target unit of ability being cast"

How do i order a dummy unit to cast silence instead of the basic spells that are there?

I dont remember how to post the trigger thing, but here is a picture of my trigger if it helps any. (the problem is the stuff like mass teleport, there isnt a way to customize it so far as i know) http://prntscr.com/2ahz76

SIDE NOTE: I'm really didn't mean to upload this into the requests forum, im a failure at that :3 im uploading this here however, to get it in the right forum. Sorry!

Level 14
Each spell has its own base order Id, its a string like "clusterrockets". If you create a new spell it will have the same base order id as the spell you derived it from.

If you order the unit to cast a spell by order id ALL spells which are based on that base order id will be casted, so if the unit has two spells both based on the same spell, both will be casted (or if they block each other a random one). This is usually unwanted behaviour, which is why you should never give a unit two spells which are derived from the same base spell.

One exception is the spell "channel" which lets you select the base order id. So if you use "channel" to make new spells you can select a different base order if for each of them to avoid a conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.