• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy Spell List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I know that you can only have one spell that uses a root spell (ie slam uses the war stomp root spell and means you can either use one or the other to copy and use, but cant use both in triggers)

I was hoping that someone could make a list of all the "root" spells that can be used without duplicating from each other.

i.e. - all spells with no target (prob most important dummy spells used)
- all spells with a target
- all spells with an AOE

ect...

Thank you for your help.

Level 5
Sorry, i dont think i was being clear. I need to know the list of spells avaliable which can be used for a dummy spell (trigger gui). so for example if i based my dummy spell on "war stomp" and removed all the attributes to it, it would act as a button and i can do whatever i want with triggers. All I was asking for was the list of spells which can be based on to provide:

- all spells with no target
- all spells with a target
- all spells with an AOE

I think if you use two spells based off the one ability, it causes a clash. I have tried changing the order ID's but that doesnt do anything.

Hopefully I have been abit more clear?

Level 11
You only need one spell: Channel.

The spell channel literally does nothing; it was specifically made to act as a dummy ability. It is a hero ability, but you can change it to a unit or item ability.

Some important data fields:

• BaseOrderID: this is the ID that your spell will be based off of; make sure it does not conflict with any other spells your unit/hero may have
  • Options: most of the checkboxes in here are self explanatory; make sure you turn "visible" ON if you want to actually have a UI button for the channel ability. Don't ask me why blizz set default to visibility off.
  • Follow Through Time: this is how long the unit will become immobilized (unable to do ANYTHING) after the spell is cast. Don't ask me why blizz set the default to 180 seconds.
  • Cast Type: this controls how the spell is cast; instant is no target (like warstomp), unit target is exactly what it sounds like, and unit or point target means you can target either a unit or any point on terrain (think carrion swarm or shockwave).

If you want an AOE spell like blizz or flamestrike with the AoE target art, choose Unit or Point target, set your Area of Effect to what you want, and turn on the special targeting image option.

Status
Not open for further replies.