• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Abilities 5+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I want to create a hero with more than 5 Hero Abilities, of course everyone will tell me to use a spellbook. I know about the spellbook but the problem is that I created a spellbook with 6 levels and created 2 types of normal spells each one has 3 levels and added it to the spellbook. It was like this:

Data - Spell List: Entangling Roots (Level 1) ==> this is a normal ability
Data - Spell List: Entangling Roots (Level 2)
Data - Spell List: Entangling Roots (Level 3)
Data - Spell List: Entangling Roots (Level 3), Fan of Knives (Level 1)
Data - Spell List: Entangling Roots (Level 3), Fan of Knives (Level 2)
Data - Spell List: Entangling Roots (Level 3), Fan of Knives (Level 3)

Now every time I learn a new level of the spellbook it forces me to go into the order that I made in the list.

My Question is how could I make a spellbook without forcing me to select the spells in a fixed order ? (Is it possible to be done)

Level 5
if you are just looking for a solution, you could make every combination of spellbook abilities and on each level up check what ability he wants to skill, for example with a dialogue. but thats ofc damn much work, so its definitely not a good solution, but i actually cant think of another one, sry

greetings

Level 16
Spellbooks have a bug which allow you to add spells to spellbooks. Yous hould read the tutorial.

Instead of the normally system of giving ablitys i would use lumber and make the spells buyable somewhere. At GoH orpg you are able to buy your and level your spells ina ny order.

No, I don't want to make that. I want the spellbook to be like the Hero Ability button but the difference is that the spellbook button is inside the Hero Abilities button, is that possible ?

Level 6
Maybe you could base your hero ability on a Invisible channel, then when Learning the skill make it add a spellbook to your unit, now you have to create a set of spellbooks for each level (say, your skill has 6 levels then create 6 lv1 spellbooks) and when you level up the skills remove the old spellbook and add a new one. I don't know if I explained myself well, but I hope you get my point

Level 16
Maybe you could base your hero ability on a Invisible channel, then when Learning the skill make it add a spellbook to your unit, now you have to create a set of spellbooks for each level (say, your skill has 6 levels then create 6 lv1 spellbooks) and when you level up the skills remove the old spellbook and add a new one. I don't know if I explained myself well, but I hope you get my point

No, I didn't understand. The Invisible Channel is a hero or normal ability and how many spellbook do I need to create ?

Level 16
OK. May be I was vague about what I want.

When you click the Hero Abilities button it opens a list of spells that you can learn, in addittion to the 4 Hero Spells there will be 5th one called More Abilities (Its based on spellbook), what I want to know, is it possible to click on that ability and open another list of spells that I can choose from. i.e. A sub-list inside the Ability learning list. Is that possible ?

Level 8
When you click the Hero Abilities button it opens a list of spells that you can learn, in addittion to the 4 Hero Spells there will be 5th one called More Abilities (Its based on spellbook), what I want to know, is it possible to click on that ability and open another list of spells that I can choose from. i.e. A sub-list inside the Ability learning list. Is that possible ?

I saw that in one old WoW map about 3 years ago. You click the Hero Abilities button (the red +) and you have 2 "spells". When you click on one of them, it shows you more spells.

Dunno how they did it, i didn't even know about the editor then, and even if i did i think the map was protected.

Level 16
Are you using JNGP 1.5d?

Yes, but I don't know what is the problem. The only thing that worked is enabling the UMSWE and even with it enabled there was some functions missing as the msg box appeared.

To have skills in the "More Spells" button you have to learn them... The first 3 spells are in the hero himself. 5 more skills are inside that button.

I found the "More Spells" button list empty and there was no red + button at all.

All needed functions are in the "The System" trigger:

JASS:
private function Fake2Skill takes integer Fake returns integer
private function Skill2Fake takes integer Fake returns integer
function SetupSkill takes integer Skill, integer Fake returns nothing
function HeroAddAbility takes unit Hero, integer Skill returns nothing
function SetHeroSkillsButton takes unit Hero, integer Button returns nothing
function ModifySkillPoints takes unit Hero, integer x returns integer
function IsSkillFake takes integer id returns boolean
function AdjustLevel takes unit Hero, integer Fake returns integer

I really don't know what are all the features added by UMSWE, but I'll try to remake this system in Normal WE 1.24... :p

(That's all fun for me xD)

These are related to a problem in umswe.mpq.
There are some parts in TriggerData.txt that are incorrect, and then it shows these messages.

Take the attached file and replace it in the umswe.mpq (located in JNGP folder) using MPQ Master or other mpq editor.
(Note: if you'd like to, export the original TriggerData.txt to a safe folder in case it does not work xD)

EDIT: sorry, this file was still wrong... I'll try to fix it again x.x
I think I should not distribute these files I make since I don't know exactly how UMSWE works...

Status
Not open for further replies.