• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Dummy not casting ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Using mag's ability system

• Cast
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit u = GetSpellTargetUnit()
      • Custom script: local unit u2 = GetTriggerUnit()
      • Set TempLoc2 = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • For each (Integer TempInt) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: hsfdghf
          • Set TempLoc = (TempLoc2 offset by 1000.00 towards ((Real(TempInt)) x 90.00) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Ice Sting Dummy for (Triggering player) at TempLoc facing TempLoc2
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc2)
      • Wait 1.25 seconds
      • Custom script: set udg_TempUnit = u
      • Custom script: set udg_TempUnit2 = u2
      • Unit - Cause TempUnit2 to damage TempUnit, dealing ((30.00 x (Real((Level of Shockblast (|cffFFcc00S|r) T1 ELEM for TempUnit2)))) x (Real((Intelligence of TempUnit2 (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
The dummy units just stand there and dont do anything. (i know i dont kill them i dont for testing purposes)

The storm bolt ability is copied off of the human mountain king ability, hero ability set to false casting range 99999 casting time 0 duration 0 damage 0 etc. If i force it to use the ability, it works fine

Level 19
Check mana, requirements, if it's indeed coming out of Mountain King's Storm Bolt ability and its range. You are creating it 1000 units away, make sure it has sufficient casting range as a skill.

check the edit

Level 19
Order (Last created unit) to cast the skill, not (Picked unit); I failed ;p

I failed too... ty for catching that!

e/ Create Facing Point does not set bj_lastcreatedunit i do believe because thats not working.. so is killing last created unit

2e/ forgot to save lol

Status
Not open for further replies.