• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Trigger not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
The bellow trigger is supposed to create a dummy and make it cast a mana burn on the target. Everything is fine but it doesn't cast the ability, the order is correct I checked plenty of times, I tried to cast the spell manually via the dummy to see if everything else is fine and it appears to be. The GUI order function returned the same results.

Any ideas?

• Destroy Mana
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Destroy Mana
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempReal = (Mana of TempUnit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Destroy Mana for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set TempUnit2 = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Destroy Mana Dummy for TempUnit2 to (Level of Destroy Mana for (Triggering unit))
      • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(udg_TempUnit2, 851986, udg_TempUnit)
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempUnit2
      • Custom script: set udg_TempUnit = null
      • Custom script: set udg_TempUnit2 = null
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

Level 11
The only thing I can think is to make sure the dummy ability has a longer range than the base ability, or setting the location to the target instead of the caster.

Level 20
You can improve the trigger, replacing "Owner of (Triggering unit)" for "Triggering Player"... As said, check the cast ranges, vision, mana cost, or some requirement.

Try not to null the TempUnit (Target) and see if it works. Maybe the target variable is nulled before the unit starts the effect of the ability (The dummy).

Status
Not open for further replies.