• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy movespeed problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I feel stupid for posting so much, but knowledge is power :)

So the problem is - I set the max speed of unit in gameplay constants to 2000, then changed Dummy's movespeed to 2000 through trigger so it would move like and actual missile for a skill but the Dummy still moves slow (I can tell that this is nowhere close 2000), i even trying setting base movement speed of actual Dummy in object editor but this didnt help. So im stuck :p

Any ideas?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I feel stupid for posting so much, but knowledge is power :)

So the problem is - I set the max speed of unit in gameplay constants to 2000, then changed Dummy's movespeed to 2000 through trigger so it would move like and actual missile for a skill but the Dummy still moves slow (I can tell that this is nowhere close 2000), i even trying setting base movement speed of actual Dummy in object editor but this didnt help. So im stuck :p

Any ideas?

This is the basis for most projectile systems that use dummy missiles:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Dummy) instantly to ((Position of (Dummy)) offset by 10.00 towards (Facing of (Dummy)) degrees)
I attached a map below that has a VERY basic missile system. It will only work for 1 missile at a time but it should help you understand the concept better. If you want I could show you how to set this up so that it's MUI-which means that it would work for multiple units/players at the same time without any issues.

Attachments

• Missile Example.w3x
    19.2 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.