• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Dummy cast ability problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
What is wrong with my triggers? In game nothing happens.
I order hero that has this ability to cast "Mana Shield" when chosen on start of the game and that's works properly.
United242.png
United243.png

Last edited:
Level 8
Make sure your dummy has a cast point and backswing of 0. Also dont instantly remove it ad an expiration timer to it like 2 seconds so it can actually complete the cast. If u remove it instantly and it has >than 0 cast backswing/point it wont complete it.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
This doesn't make any sense...
Why do you make 2 different triggers with the same conditions, just different dummy being cast different damage?
Why make an infinite run of these triggers?
Why remove unit instantly when you just created it and ordered to cast a spell?
What are these random waits for?
Remove any casting time and mana cost, 0 cast point and backswing as mentioned before and add expiration timer of 1 second, it is more than enough.
Or just create a dummy unit at start of the game set a variable to it and then use it to cast abilities later.
Currently these triggers look like mess.

Level 8
There are two triggers one for "Shade" (Mana Shield) on, one for off.
Infinite run because I want it constantly firing that abilities when it's on one, when it's off another.
I made there mistake but I fix it as I said.
Random waits are because I want to passes random time until ability is fired.
I don't know how to add expiration timer but rest is already done.
If I made a dummy unit at start of the game set a variable to it and then use it to cast abilities later I believe that it will not work properly with multiple units that has same spell, what will be case in my map. > Wrda

Okay, I will check, but right now I am busy with something else. > Chaosium

I usually do "begins casting", but last few times since I needed for one ability I used "starts the effect" and just continue with it. I will back to "begins casting" now to see if there is a problem. > mogulkhan1Axe

Level 8
  • Unit - Add an expiration timer of X sec to X Unit
That is how u add it. Now when that unit dies you use another trigger to remove it.

When it dies check for unit type and then remove it from the game.

Edit : if i was home i wouldve made u the spell.

Edit 2: also u gave me the idea for my own spellcaster in my project so thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.