• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dry Canyon

Reactions: WolfFarkas
Dry Canyon

Map Info:

Rich with minerals this canyon is a gold mine for anyone that can control it, though water is scarce, it will be a fight for survival. Control the water fountains and control the canyon.

Features:
  • 6 Gold Mines - 13000 Main, 9000 and 10000 Expansion
  • 6 Green Creep Camps
  • 8 Orange Creep Camps
  • 2 Fountains of Health
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 1 Tavern

Screenshots:
a59j5f.png

Videos:

Comming Soon(TM)

Author Notes:
Old unfinished map. Decided to finish it ;o
It's a canyon.. and it's dry!! Was inspired alot by Blistering Sands from starcraft.

Keywords:
Bonefucking storm bitch, barrens, melee, normal, filmting, fuck yeah bithces, desert, canyon, dry, crazeh, etc, more bonestorm,
Contents

Dry Canyon (Map)

Reviews
08:19, 19th Aug 2014 Orcnet: Somehow for a 1 on 1 match, the map size is way too big and the space on every region is very wide, you might want to add some bulk doodads for that, also to give in a smooth atmosphere I suggest you should give...

M

08:19, 19th Aug 2014
Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

Somehow for a 1 on 1 match, the map size is way too big and the space on every region is very wide, you might want to add some bulk doodads for that, also to give in a smooth atmosphere I suggest you should give the map a Global Weather (Outland Heavy is promising), and give in some fogs that should enhance more detail to the map, and lastly a vast amount of creep camps since the creep camps that are present seems a little less than I test it, you might want to add 2 more groups.

Archways don't work on trees like that, how about add rocks on each side to show it natural. In total map can be improved with better graphic but the game value is fit for a 2 players.

Those jags in the terrain could either be smoothed or evened with raise/lower.

Also I think you should put water in the unreachable areas (yes, water, all that you can reach is still dry).

Furthermore, I think you should reduce the size of the cliffs near the center and comoensate with more decor. Either that or put some higher cliffs into it and ramps along with doodads.

Just some suggestions, feel free to not follow them.