• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dried Sea

----------GGoblin present----------

The Dried Sea
Created by GGoblin

Map Info:

On the map is:
8 Goldmines x4 12500; x4 15000
2 mercenary camp
2 shops goblin
1 tavern
1 Goblin Workshop

Features: 2 players
4 red creep camps
12 orange creep camps
16 green creep camps

All map Screenshot

VU7vM.jpg

Change Log:
Version 1
-Now you will easily pass to the tavern;
-Add more Decorations;
-Add 4 green camps;
-Add 2 hydra for each hydra`s camp;

Author's notes:

Hello everyone :) I recently remembered WORLD Editor and decided to pursue the creation of maps. I hope your enjoy.

Map is free to use.

Keywords:
Melee, Warcraft 3, melee map, melee for 4 players, 2x2 maps, GGoblin maps, Warcraft 3 classic
Contents

The Dried Sea (Map)

Reviews
19:37, 16th Aug 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See SCN's review regarding the map:

M

19:37, 16th Aug 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See SCN's review regarding the map:

StoPCampinGn00b;2571176 said:
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
The Dried Sea
by GGoblin
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS
Gameplay & Entertainment: 15/25
Terrain & Layout: 6/10
Doodads & Scenery: 7/10
Bugs & Consistency: 5/5
Total Score: 33/50

navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay & Entertainment:
For a melee maps' gameplay, this score counts how well you utilized blizzards gameplay into the map.

Alright, goldmines are spread out evenly, with a large amount of gold. It's good that you did that as there are only 4. It makes it very competitive on how gold mines are only between 2 players, so if you lose one you have to fight for another. Neutral buildings aren't evenly spaced, It sucks to travel to an enemy side of the map to use that zeppelin strategy or get your mercenary units some always use. I suggest you put a set on one side and a set on the other. Also, there are enough trees here.

For the creeps, as Zaramorus said above, it's not great only putting one creep for a creep camp. The reason is, all the damage goes straight towards the hydra and it dies way to fast. I don't recommend creeps in the middle of a path AND guarding a hero tavern because, many use the hero tavern in the beginning by sending peasants over. In blizzard maps, taverns are uncovered. Creeps should always be enclosed in an area away from blocking the path, as it would just be annoying for you to get hit by creeps while traveling across the map. In the creep drops, there shouldn't be a +6 agility because that's just mega biased to agility. +1 or 2 agility is fine for small camps, but for bigger camps you need items that are useful to all heroes.

15/25
Terrain & Layout:
The use of the tiles in the map is average, could be better but it's perfectly acceptable. Map isn't flat, that's good. It's a little lumpy and it seems the smooth button isn't used much, but I think that's what you were aiming for.

The size of the map is perfect, not to big or small. It's layout is not bad, there are a lot of chokepoints but to counter it you can flank around the small ponds/lakes.

6/10
Doodads & Scenery:
(EDIT: I noticed from your screenshot it doesn't look decorative, it actually is ingame!) You did great in some areas and not to good in others. You have nice variety of sunken city doodads, especially near the water. Some of the only problems with them is that plants shouldn't be in the middle of a very deep part of the water and instead the corals. You have shells and animals spread out across the map, maybe some more shrubs but mostly it's visually pleasing.

7/10
Bugs & Consistency:
No spots where it would cause major errors. Computers lose workers to the hydra if they cut to far but it's not a problem.

5/5
navbits_start.gif
Suggestions
These suggestions are optional and some of these may be repeats.
> Move creeps away from tavern
> Move creeps more towards edges and enclosed areas
> Balance out the items more
> Add around 2 weak units near the hydra
> Make neutral buildings/shops equal distance between players
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules, all but one rule is not followed for it to be approved.
> Please state if the map is protected, unprotected, or free to use (open source)​
Map fixed, I vote for APPROVAL
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall this melee map is fine, it's main attribute is doodad placement. I give it a high 3, but not enough for a 4. Feel free to contact me about this review, or to say hi! (+1) Reputation point for uploading and your hard work.

0-14 1 STAR
15-24 2 STARS
25-35 3 STARS
36-46 4 STARS
47-50 5 STARS

Map reviewed 11 August 2014, version 0/first version
[TD]

[/INDENT]

[TD][/TD]​

[tr][TD]
user_offline.gif
[/TD][TD][/TD][TD]
user_offline.gif
[/TD][/tr]​

Level 9
Map is pretty good, but needs some fixes. First of all one creep camp only consists of one hydra, but dont make creep camps with only one monster. What i also dont like is that all monsters drop a random level something items, but change some of the drops to like:
random level 4 permament item or random level 2 power-up item, but overall map is pretty good. terrain and environment looks awesome.

Level 32
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
The Dried Sea
by GGoblin
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS
Gameplay & Entertainment: 15/25
Terrain & Layout: 6/10
Doodads & Scenery: 7/10
Bugs & Consistency: 5/5
Total Score: 33/50

navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay & Entertainment:
For a melee maps' gameplay, this score counts how well you utilized blizzards gameplay into the map.

Alright, goldmines are spread out evenly, with a large amount of gold. It's good that you did that as there are only 4. It makes it very competitive on how gold mines are only between 2 players, so if you lose one you have to fight for another. Neutral buildings aren't evenly spaced, It sucks to travel to an enemy side of the map to use that zeppelin strategy or get your mercenary units some always use. I suggest you put a set on one side and a set on the other. Also, there are enough trees here.

For the creeps, as Zaramorus said above, it's not great only putting one creep for a creep camp. The reason is, all the damage goes straight towards the hydra and it dies way to fast. I don't recommend creeps in the middle of a path AND guarding a hero tavern because, many use the hero tavern in the beginning by sending peasants over. In blizzard maps, taverns are uncovered. Creeps should always be enclosed in an area away from blocking the path, as it would just be annoying for you to get hit by creeps while traveling across the map. In the creep drops, there shouldn't be a +6 agility because that's just mega biased to agility. +1 or 2 agility is fine for small camps, but for bigger camps you need items that are useful to all heroes.

15/25
Terrain & Layout:
The use of the tiles in the map is average, could be better but it's perfectly acceptable. Map isn't flat, that's good. It's a little lumpy and it seems the smooth button isn't used much, but I think that's what you were aiming for.

The size of the map is perfect, not to big or small. It's layout is not bad, there are a lot of chokepoints but to counter it you can flank around the small ponds/lakes.

6/10
Doodads & Scenery:
(EDIT: I noticed from your screenshot it doesn't look decorative, it actually is ingame!) You did great in some areas and not to good in others. You have nice variety of sunken city doodads, especially near the water. Some of the only problems with them is that plants shouldn't be in the middle of a very deep part of the water and instead the corals. You have shells and animals spread out across the map, maybe some more shrubs but mostly it's visually pleasing.

7/10
Bugs & Consistency:
No spots where it would cause major errors. Computers lose workers to the hydra if they cut to far but it's not a problem.

5/5
navbits_start.gif
Suggestions
These suggestions are optional and some of these may be repeats.
> Move creeps away from tavern
> Move creeps more towards edges and enclosed areas
> Balance out the items more
> Add around 2 weak units near the hydra
> Make neutral buildings/shops equal distance between players
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules, all but one rule is not followed for it to be approved.
> Please state if the map is protected, unprotected, or free to use (open source)​
Map fixed, I vote for APPROVAL
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall this melee map is fine, it's main attribute is doodad placement. I give it a high 3, but not enough for a 4. Feel free to contact me about this review, or to say hi! (+1) Reputation point for uploading and your hard work.

0-14 1 STAR
15-24 2 STARS
25-35 3 STARS
36-46 4 STARS
47-50 5 STARS

Map reviewed 11 August 2014, version 0/first version
[TD]

[/INDENT]

[TD][/TD]​

[tr][TD]
user_offline.gif
[/TD][TD][/TD][TD]