• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello, in my maps, i usually use the system where i have 4 loot tables, 1 that has 50% for lvl 1 and 50% for lvl 2.
1 thats 50% lvl 3 and 50% lvl 4
1 Is 50% lvl 5 and 50% lvl 6
and 1 thats 50% lvl 1 power up and 50% lvl 2 power up.
Too see my map go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/pacifism-isles-113908/?prev=u%3Dyakonshus
I am aware that this is not optimal, so i ask if anyone has a way to deal with the drop tables.

Well i guess you could decrese the % of the higher lvl :
Level 1 Drops 55%
Level 2 Drops 50%
Level 3 Drops 45%
Level 4 Drops 40%
Level 5 Drops 30%
Power Ups level 1 Drop 50%
Power Ups level 2 Drops 25 %
As i didnt realize at the beguine you were aming for something like this:
1st Level 1 55% level 2 45%
2nd Level 2 55% level 3 45
and so on
same with power ups
OR:
1st level 1 50% level 2 50 %
2nd level 3 40% level 4 40%
3rd level 5 30% level 6 30%

Hope it helped you ;)

Level 18
I don't like the droptables of wc3, why don't you use your own drop-system?
You could do a pretty simple one, just use "unit died" add some conditions, like "dying unit owned by creeps" (playerX = monsters/creeps) and then just add an action for each dropable item.

I guess you'll have more than one level 1 item, so just store them into an variable with array. like set itemx = level1[1] and itemy = level1[2], and so on, for each item/level.
then just use this action to drop them:
random number between 1 and 100 < 50 (for a drop chance of 50%) then drop level1[random number between 1 and X (which is your total amount of items).
that's all and you can easily customize it yourself without watching the droprates of each table and how the work together and such stuff..

Level 8
I thank you for trying to help me, but it isnt exactly what is was aiming for, i'm making melee maps, and its not so good to have lvl 1 monsters drop the best items in the game. If you take a look on Blizzard maps, you can see that the drops are very specified for each mob. It drops a lvl 3 permanent item, or a lvl 2 power up. But thanks for trying to help.

Level 18
you can specify as well which mobs drop which items, you'll just need to set them into some variables.. which allows an easier use as condition.

You can add murlog,harpy,frog, or whatever to mobs_lvl1[] and for the drop trigger, just use them as integer, If dying unit is equal to mobs_lvl1[a] (add for each integer a from 1 to X (number of mobs in mobs_lvl1)) drop level1_item[random number]..

Everything is possible, it depends on your wishes, but as I see you like the Wc3 tables more ;) Was just a try to help you with some simple system.. GL with your maps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.