• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DragonMaw Sky Stalker

DragonMaw Sky Stalker

gdb-png.384453

Submission for the HD Modeling Contest #2 - Great Dark Beyond.

After the defeat of the Horde at the end of the Second war, a faction of DragonMaw traveled back to Draenor. Those who survived the shattering of the world and its transformation into Outland eventually transformed into fel orcs and came to serve the Betrayer, Illidan Stormrage applying their knowledge of all things draconic to enslave Outland's nether dragons. These dragons are believed to be the spawn of Deathwing, but were affected by the incredible energies released by the destruction of Draenor, therefore their bodies are now composed of energies from the Twisting Nether.

Note:
  • I recolored the skin of the NetherDragon to give this darker version. The Felorc Rider is a profound modification of the Watcher Night Elf model with a completely redesigned skin.
  • Animations are a mix of the basic Netherdragon, Wyvern Rider, and Personal Adition (scourge weapon, webbing).
  • I advise to put in graphics of the netherDragon's attack, in my mind the rider does not launch a projectile, she directs the dragon which attacks by himself
  • I initially made a portrait focus on the roaring Nether Drake. For those who wish it, I have made an alternative portrait of fel orc speaking and which works with the set of voices of the female satyr.
  • The spell "Devour" can be used for this model.
Previews
Contents

DragonMaw Sky Stalker (Model)

Icons (Icon)

Portrait (Model)

Portrait (alternate) (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved! For full review check: HD Modeling Contest #2 - Results
Level 21
Will be really useful and the Dragon Roost just needs a update too so the Fel Orcs have Nether Dragons and not Red Dragons...
Don't know why that was the case at all when I was playing the game...

Makes more sense too the Dragonmaw Clan and probably the other Fel Orc Clans could have their own very limited flying force of them as well.

Level 9
Will be really useful and the Dragon Roost just needs a update too so the Fel Orcs have Nether Dragons and not Red Dragons...
Don't know why that was the case at all when I was playing the game...

Makes more sense too the Dragonmaw Clan and probably the other Fel Orc Clans could have their own very limited flying force of them as well.
That's actually a good idea. A Netherwing roost like the Orc Red Dragon roost but swapped out. Makes sense, indicating the Netherwing dragon's are enslaved and it would make a very great addition to the Fel Orc's of Outland. Then again they can also just come out of the beastiary as well just like wyvern's and batriders. Those crystal formations around the nether wing roost would also make a great environmental doodad to add more diverse environment to Outland in world editor since basically everything is all hellfire peninsula.

Last edited:
That's actually a good idea. A Netherwing roost like the Orc Red Dragon roost but swapped out. Makes sense, indicating the Netherwing dragon's are enslaved and it would make a very great addition to the Fel Orc's of Outland. Then again they can also just come out of the beastiary as well just like wyvern's and batriders. Those crystal formations around the nether wing roost would also make a great environmental doodad to add more diverse environment to Outland in world editor since basically everything is all hellfire peninsula.
I started making the doodads and terrain of zangarmarsh and shadowmoon valley, but I still was a rookie. I'll try again someday

Level 9
I started making the doodads and terrain of zangarmarsh and shadowmoon valley, but I still was a rookie. I'll try again someday
Dude! That is legit! We need more diverse environment for Outland. I'm below rookie but I want to learn to make my own asset's and contribute to the Hive. Zangarmarsh or even Nagrand would be great.