1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dragon Trainer Rpg - Netherlands

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Icoria, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    A shame dude =( A shame.

2. Icoria

Icoria

Resources:
    Resources:
    Idk maybe I will just stop doing war3 in general....

3. Icoria

Icoria

Resources:
    Resources:
    BACK! Thanks to Soul Theft, I didn't lose the map completely, just the units and triggers and stuff. I have to do that over again, but, he did a lot of the terrain! :D
    I will work on this map in a little while :p

4. Airandius

Airandius

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For a second there I thought you meant my country...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands

Anyway... Remove that unicorn model.
    1) It's fugly.
    2) You don't need it, just replace it with something wc3.
    3) It only takes space.

Oh and you can use undead dragons as dark dragons. (element)

EDIT: Did not read above posts till now. D:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  5. Icoria

Icoria

Resources:
    Resources:
    Airandius, the unicorn is automatically removed because: Comp crashed and the person who had my map and showed it to me to see how he was doing on the terrain, had the less advanced verse. So no raptors or anything yet... most units were... erased.. in the proccess.

6. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, its good to know that its not lost =)
    After stopping work on my own project, i'l have more (not lots -.-) time to support people with their maps, wich i like to do =) So if you need anything, ideas, more story, stuff, hero ideas, anything that does not include Jass, Modelling, Skin-Making, Coding of any kind and maybee some other really advanced stuff, i'l be happy to help =)

Also, does thatguy Soul Theft have a hive user? I wan't to +rep him ;)

Edit: Oh and: About spellmaking.
    I can do simple spells, things that are liminited to awesome effectworks and GUI. And ideas is not what i lack ;)
    Tell me what you need spells for, and i will make up something. Though i can assure you that there's loads of better spellmakers on hive. The thing is that most of them will not have time =P

7. Icoria

Icoria

Resources:
    Resources:
    I REALLY need a modeling person!, and a spell making person, and a skin making person. Glad you can help!

8. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Coolio =) What heroes/othermobs do you need spells for? And what kind?

9. Icoria

Icoria

Resources:
    Resources:
    dragons, many spells for ->fire, water, earth, air
    Plus can you make a furry dragon?

10. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    SpellMap Download

EDIT:
    Okay, i got three spells so far, but i got them to work and look/sound cool ;)
    The tooltips though, you gotta do yourself =P

Storm Strike:
    The effect is simple: Moves the caster to target unit, damages target unit, moves back again.

How to Edit: If you wan't to edit the damage, wich currently has a base of 500, you need to go into the trigger editor and find the part of the storm strike trigger that does the damage, and then change the amount. In the object editor, the ability has added damage that is used on level 2 and 3. On level two, the spell does 750 dmg, and on level three, the spell does 900 dmg. Editing this is just the normal object editor editing =)

Fire Spray:
    This is generally a pimped unit of cluster rockets. It looks awesome, but apart from that it's nothing special.

Confusion:
    This is a awesomified version of Blink.
    The effect is also simple, yet entertaining: When the spell is cast, the game saves both the location and target location of the spell by using variables (in your face memory leaks!), and then after three seconds, the caster is moved back to the original position with a little funny and taunting sound effect, and then the same thing happens after three seconds again, though this time, the caster is moved back to the target position. The caster is moved around at a total of 7 times, and this can be SOOO funny to play around with. (That might be the reason i only have three spells for you atm =P)

It SHOULD be simple to edit, but you can PM me if anything is wrong.

Theese are simple spells, but i fear its the best i can come up with until i've practiced some more =(
    There will ofcourse be more spells, but now i have to go and get some sleep ;)

EDIT:
    I got two new spells ready for you! =D

Eruption:
    It is generally a VERY COOL version of flamestrike. But awesome it is.

Stonecall:
    This ability does damage to a target area. But the way it does it... i'l let you see for yourself =P

Enjoy!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  11. Icoria

Icoria

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds great! But before we put it in the game, we have to wait for the terrainer to finish.

12. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    You dled the map and checked them out?
    There's a tester unit and some mobs you can pwn =)

13. GreyArchon

GreyArchon

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The real question here, is how many windmills, clogs, tulips and gouda you'll be using per square inch.

14. Icoria

Icoria

Resources:
    Resources:
    With the spells:
    -Stonecall/eruption are the same
    -confusion is good
    -with stormstrike, if you could, it would be nice if you put some kind of lightning bolt from where the tester was to where he went

Maybe you could add a bit of special effects to confusion :p

Thanks!

15. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Eruption is a simple Flamestrike awesomifying. It works just like flamestrike with a crater effect and all that.
    Stonecall summons a titan-sized mountain giant that does 500 damage to all units within 500 range. While they look the same in the object editor, they are way diffirent in looks, and slightly diffirent in effects.
    I can see how they seem to be the same, but they aren't really.

Thanks =) I'l add some spelleffects.

Originally i actually had a tornado do that. The thing is, that i can't make it go back to his original position afterwards. If you still wan't me too, i can ofcourse make a projectile on the way out.

Thanks for the feedback =)

Edit: I don't know if this is what you stumbled upon, but there actually is a bug since both stonecall and eruption is both made from the same spell, that sometimes after you cast one of the spells, this spell will take over the other spells position even thoug the other spells icon and tooltip is still there. I just thought that that might be why you think they're the same. =) This happened for me more than once while testing. If you wan't i can add another tester in the next version who will be having spells that bugs if combined with the others.

16. Icoria

Icoria

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm.... I will try deleting one spell, and then try the other. Yes I know that can sometimes happen, its a real pain! That happened to me several times :p

17. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    wat furry dragon?
    can u specify it to me?
    i'll maek it

18. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't know you were a modeller toinkz =)

19. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well, a li'l bit ^^

20. Icoria

Icoria

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm.... Kind of like the stuff in my pictures, like this I suppose?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They can be cool colors, like blue, purple, mabye pink. Also another example is in my sig.

THANKS! :D

I once attempted it, but way to many polies and gmax can't animate stuff well and color stuff well so ya....