• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon Trainer Rpg - Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icoria

I

Icoria

Dragon Trainer Rpg - Netherlands

Hello I am making an rpg about dragons. You pick a type of dragon (western, eastern, etc) and pick the type of element (fire, water, air, earth) and you kill creeps and etc. ATM those are the only elements, but I will make it so you can breed dragons and create new elements with different abilities/stats.

I need the following people (you need to say you will help or I won't know or put up my map):

-Good modelers (for dragons that can fly/walk and diff elements)
-Good terrainers
-Good Ideas

I would also like positive feedback and constructive critisism. When I am more done with the game, I will post screenshots. Sort of inspiried by dragcave and dragon adopters.

What I am working on at the moment:
Cinematic

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Not the best yet, as you can see I'm not very good at terraining.
Not much either, as this is my second day of working on this map.

So far:

Level 1
Wolf Pup
173683-albums2372-picture19015.jpg

Ghost
173683-albums2372-picture19016.jpg

Polar Bear Cub
173683-albums2372-picture19017.jpg

Wendigo
173683-albums2372-picture19018.jpg

Level 2
Unicorn
173683-albums2372-picture19019.jpg

Level 7 - Necromancy Beginnings
Evil Wolf
173683-albums2372-picture19020.jpg

Western Dragons:
Fire
Water
Air
Earth

173683-albums2372-picture19014.jpg

Western Fire Dragon

173683-albums2372-picture19021.jpg

Western Air Dragon

173683-albums2372-picture19022.jpg

Western Earth Dragon

Chinese Dragons:
Fire
Water
Air
Earth

Wyverns:
Fire
Water
Air
Earth

Dinos:
Fire
Water
Air
Earth

Dinos are not a dragon, I know, but it helps for when the dragons breed, to make new kinds of dragons; which you will find out in-game. Those are the core types of animals and element types. You can find out how to get more in-game.

Progress:
llllllllllllllllllll Terrain - 0%
llllllllllllllllllll Triggers - 1%
llllllllllllllllllll Units - 0.5%
llllllllllllllllllll Spells - .0%
llllllllllllllllllll Items - 0.1%
llllllllllllllllllll Cinematic - 0%

Team:
LazerDragon - Map Leader
WherewolfTherewolf - Terrainer
Dragonson - Spell Maker

Might be on team:

Btw by rpg I mean, online rpg, not the kind where is a roleplay and you don't play with anyone else, I mean the type where you can save/load.

UPDATES!:
-I might be gone for a while, playing other games, but I will be back, and I will check this post most everyday!

WHO I DESPERATELY NEED!
-I REALLY need a modeler, plenty of terrainers, but I need a modeler.
-Sound Maker

Last edited by a moderator:

Icoria

I

Icoria

There should be some kind of storyline, i get bored flying around blasting people with fire real fast.

Vampiro, would you like to make a storyline? Or give ideas? Because I suck at ideas for stories :(.

Icoria

I

Icoria

Soul theft, yes you may help with the terrain. I might give you the map later today.

Level 7
Vampiro, would you like to make a storyline? Or give ideas? Because I suck at ideas for stories :(.

I'm not very good with dragon stories, so please give me some sympathy for a moment. Here goes. Once back when the world was just one big hunk of land There were three(Maybe more) Types of dragons....The information given is a little harsh on me at this moment, so if from here on things sound completely different than what you had in mind, that's my excuse.....They all got along real well, until one day, in the north most part of the land in the frozen territory of the Ice dragons. There was a great surge of power, and light distorting and changing the whole area. And then things just went bad. In that light was a great big mean monster. (I'll let you find that one out.) With a real bad name, so I'll just call him 'Jon" And Jon came to the world with two main missions. 1-Be in charge (Isn't that always what they want?) 2-Cause pain and suffering to the people of the earth for this brought him even greater power. And when that energy hit the area it changed the minds and physical bodies of some creatures. (And the Ice dragons.) And they were now tougher stronger, and completely under the will of Jon. Now just because It's all about dragons doesn't mean they're weren't humans aboard the earth. They had it real hard already, dragons always with dragons always eating them as grand dinners, and at birthday parties, You can guess Jon didn't impress them very much. Now there was a guy called...Micheal Jackson (But I'll call him MJ) Who was out doing tee and cookies. (Or something else that brought him into the neighborhood.) Having the time of his life being away from all the bullies at school, and then BAM! Big explosion, that says something bad happened. The force and the pain was quite intense on this kid, but he somehow lived. But he also fell unconscious. When he awoke it took him a while to get his memory back in order, and once he remembered what had happened It all took quite a toll on him. And he didn't even recognize the world he saw in front of him. So he turned and ran. Soon he found a place he realized, It was his home. He told them everything, people go in shock, blah blah blah, And a dragon attacks them! Eats his best friend, and corners his dad. Devastated by this he goes into quite a shock, and something turned on inside of him, and he begins to feel his body change, and soon he is one of the mightiest creatures of all, A dragon! And he Gives that other guy a piece of his mind, and recognizing that he is of the same clan, the other dragons pulls away, and asked the kids what He's up to. The kid can get into the dragon clan, he can learn to change back and forth. A normal kid at home, A respected dragon at his secret life. They can have wars and crap with Jon, and Humans and dragons can slowly start to form an alliance so you can still bread dragons, and you can come up with the rest, I'm not going to make up the whole thing for you, It's not my story.

This could be something COMPLETELY different from what you had in mind, and It's just something i came up with in a few minuets. It seems to keep all the things you said it will have. But just remember, It's what you want, not what i say.

Icoria

I

Icoria

That is a very nice story, and I know you worked very hard on it, but I am asking you if you could change it up a bit. There is a dragon trainer and you can have several dragons of elements (so far):fire, water, earth, and air (I will add more)- western dragons, chinese dragons, wyverns, etc. I should have given more information at the start. I'll change that this week.

Level 7
I am asking you if you could change it up a bit. There is a dragon trainer and you can have several dragons of elements (so far):fire, water, earth, and air (I will add more)- western dragons, chinese dragons, wyverns, etc.

You want it so that you can train and breed dragons?.....I got it. I did say that 'MJ' could become a great dragon right? Well maybe he could be in charge of a secret suciety that breads the different elements together in attempt to make a new breed of dragons powerful enough to stop all of Jon's forces. Hows that sound?

Level 6
Is this gonna be like the apocalyptic movie (forgot it's name) where dragons suddenly take over the world and humans try to kill them with all machine guns and nukes they have? Or is it going to be like warcraft 3 lore with Sapphiron? Both could be awesome tough if you intend to make it futuristic, you'll need a good modeler :S

Level 21
I show you a story of mine:

Once upon a time, there was a fairy tale, told to all little boys and girls, this story is about a cursed Race, the Dragons, this Race, full of brutality and hate, flew over the wished hills of Anaria, it was a time full of fear and destruction, the dragons killed every being which stood upon them, they gathered treasures and filled their caves with a incredible amount of diamonds and gold, but the dragons got greedy, they fought each other to get more gold, these fights between those almighty creatures blasted great Parts of Anaria, but out of their own blood their fall will arise, the generation of dragons after those bloodthirsty beasts was different, out of their eggs a amount of new Dragons arrived, to stop their bloodthirsty parents... now YOU choose which way you go, the way of fire, the way of ice or the way of thunder! Rescue Anaria from the hatebreed, the Ancient Dragons!

Level 27
Story:

The Dragons had always been in [Insert Land/World Name Here], though they were a rare sight. They Flew lonly across the oceans, from isle to isle, living isolated. Once a year, all of the dragons would gather at Drakebirth Island. Drakebirth island is where the dragons lay their eggs, mate and rest. The island also serves as a graveyard when dragons die, but that is another story. When the Eggs are laid, the dragons fly off. They don't care for their children. When the eggs hatched, they would be raised by the spirits of the dead dragons, who had nothing better to do anyway. After a dragon had lived for ten years, it would fly off to, well, fly lonely over the oceans.

One day, a Necromancer found Drakebirth Island. Sensing the enormous power of the deceased dragons, he tapped into the arcane weaves of the island. He bound the Spirits of the Fallen dragons to his will, and raised a army of spectral dragons. With this army, he traveled back to the mainlands to take revenge on the humans who had banished him and his dark arts.

When the Dragons next time returned to Drakebirth island, they sensed that the old Spirits were gone. One of the dragons called Emrzarken, who were generally thought of as the leader of the dragons, said that he knew somebody who could take care of the hatchlings: The Humans. He had heard of the Spectral army, and knew that the humans needed as much help as they could get. Granting them the hatchlings would be a great gift for them: They would be able to train dragons of their own to oppose the spectral armies, and with some luck defeat the Necromancer. And the dragons could live as they had always did. It was quickly agreed that this was what was going to happen, and soon all the dragons were off to the human empire, to grant them the weapons they needed.

This is my idea for a Not-Too-Cliche'd Dragon story, and i hope you like it =)
Change anything in it if you want too, and feel free to continue it.

Icoria

I

Icoria

Story:

The Dragons had always been in [Insert Land/World Name Here], though they were a rare sight. They Flew lonly across the oceans, from isle to isle, living isolated. Once a year, all of the dragons would gather at Drakebirth Island. Drakebirth island is where the dragons lay their eggs, mate and rest. The island also serves as a graveyard when dragons die, but that is another story. When the Eggs are laid, the dragons fly off. They don't care for their children. When the eggs hatched, they would be raised by the spirits of the dead dragons, who had nothing better to do anyway. After a dragon had lived for ten years, it would fly off to, well, fly lonely over the oceans.

One day, a Necromancer found Drakebirth Island. Sensing the enormous power of the deceased dragons, he tapped into the arcane weaves of the island. He bound the Spirits of the Fallen dragons to his will, and raised a army of spectral dragons. With this army, he traveled back to the mainlands to take revenge on the humans who had banished him and his dark arts.

When the Dragons next time returned to Drakebirth island, they sensed that the old Spirits were gone. One of the dragons called Emrzarken, who were generally thought of as the leader of the dragons, said that he knew somebody who could take care of the hatchlings: The Humans. He had heard of the Spectral army, and knew that the humans needed as much help as they could get. Granting them the hatchlings would be a great gift for them: They would be able to train dragons of their own to oppose the spectral armies, and with some luck defeat the Necromancer. And the dragons could live as they had always did. It was quickly agreed that this was what was going to happen, and soon all the dragons were off to the human empire, to grant them the weapons they needed.

This is my idea for a Not-Too-Cliche'd Dragon story, and i hope you like it =)
Change anything in it if you want too, and feel free to continue it.

I love it!

Icoria

I

Icoria

Oh, I do need a loading screen! If you want to find or make a picture, post it up and I'll see if I like it. If I do, you can make a loading screen out of it, and naturally, credits for a loading screen and +R! :)

Thanks for offering for help!

Icoria

I

Icoria

Alright, but how do I know your not a shitty terrainer? jk...

When I am done with terraining and stuff, I will let you modify it to make it look better.

Ya I suck at terraining, but I need to layout the general idea of the terrain so you can modify it.

Level 13
O i do warn u I'm not great with terraining that involves having a limit but ill try my best.

Icoria

I

Icoria

I just spent 2 hours looking for dragon models in search on forums.... I found a couple cool ones though, don't really fit the game though.

10-14-09
Update!
I added pictures of the creeps and one dragon. More to come!

Last edited by a moderator:

Icoria

I

Icoria

Added more information on the map! My friend also says I suck at terrain, lol.

Level 27
Try asking around in the Project Recruitment Section for a available artist =)
You can find almost anybody there.
Also, i do not know if he has time at the moment, but my freind and Advanced-Stuff-Guy for my map, Zack1996, is a exellent spellmaker =) He has been very little active recently, due to real life reasons. But if he comes back again with the same amount of time as he had before, i'm sure he'd like to help.

Edit: Oh and! You could try asking my friend Cazador =) He can make ANY loading screen that does not include drawing.
He made this
loadingscreenh.jpg
for my map. (also he made the banner in my sig, as you might realize =P)

Icoria

I

Icoria

Cool, after I'm done with my responsibilities I will ask your friends

Icoria

I

Icoria

I work on my map on the week cause thats, I know its weird, the only time I have time to do it.

Icoria

I

Icoria

Omfg.... I'm going to die........ I lost all my computer data due to a hardrive crash......
Dammit I hope I can get it back.... Lost some work too that I spent 2 hours on this morning.

Icoria

I

Icoria

Idk. But all the sudden, it crashed, without warning. The map is lost I think...
I will try to retrieve it. I might have the less worked on vers. though.

Still it really sux. I was working on typing something up, tried to print it, it didnt print, and then after it just, crashed...

Level 2
Hey, the idea sounds nice, and gj with the story.
I can help with the terrain if needed, cause i'm currently not working on anything right now :)

Icoria

I

Icoria

If I ever get my map back........ I will let you people know.

Right now its not looking to bright....

Icoria

I

Icoria

Doubt it........... by the looks of it. Might never retrieve the map and if thats the case, then I will tell you that I cannot finish making this map.

Icoria

I

Icoria

BACK! Thanks to Soul Theft, I didn't lose the map completely, just the units and triggers and stuff. I have to do that over again, but, he did a lot of the terrain! :D
I will work on this map in a little while :p

Icoria

I

Icoria

Airandius, the unicorn is automatically removed because: Comp crashed and the person who had my map and showed it to me to see how he was doing on the terrain, had the less advanced verse. So no raptors or anything yet... most units were... erased.. in the proccess.

Level 27
Well, its good to know that its not lost =)
After stopping work on my own project, i'l have more (not lots -.-) time to support people with their maps, wich i like to do =) So if you need anything, ideas, more story, stuff, hero ideas, anything that does not include Jass, Modelling, Skin-Making, Coding of any kind and maybee some other really advanced stuff, i'l be happy to help =)

Also, does thatguy Soul Theft have a hive user? I wan't to +rep him ;)

Edit: Oh and: About spellmaking.
I can do simple spells, things that are liminited to awesome effectworks and GUI. And ideas is not what i lack ;)
Tell me what you need spells for, and i will make up something. Though i can assure you that there's loads of better spellmakers on hive. The thing is that most of them will not have time =P

Icoria

I

Icoria

I REALLY need a modeling person!, and a spell making person, and a skin making person. Glad you can help!

Icoria

I

Icoria

dragons, many spells for ->fire, water, earth, air
Plus can you make a furry dragon?

Level 27
SpellMap Download

EDIT:
Okay, i got three spells so far, but i got them to work and look/sound cool ;)
The tooltips though, you gotta do yourself =P

Storm Strike:
The effect is simple: Moves the caster to target unit, damages target unit, moves back again.

How to Edit: If you wan't to edit the damage, wich currently has a base of 500, you need to go into the trigger editor and find the part of the storm strike trigger that does the damage, and then change the amount. In the object editor, the ability has added damage that is used on level 2 and 3. On level two, the spell does 750 dmg, and on level three, the spell does 900 dmg. Editing this is just the normal object editor editing =)

Fire Spray:
This is generally a pimped unit of cluster rockets. It looks awesome, but apart from that it's nothing special.

Confusion:
This is a awesomified version of Blink.
The effect is also simple, yet entertaining: When the spell is cast, the game saves both the location and target location of the spell by using variables (in your face memory leaks!), and then after three seconds, the caster is moved back to the original position with a little funny and taunting sound effect, and then the same thing happens after three seconds again, though this time, the caster is moved back to the target position. The caster is moved around at a total of 7 times, and this can be SOOO funny to play around with. (That might be the reason i only have three spells for you atm =P)

It SHOULD be simple to edit, but you can PM me if anything is wrong.

Theese are simple spells, but i fear its the best i can come up with until i've practiced some more =(
There will ofcourse be more spells, but now i have to go and get some sleep ;)

EDIT:
I got two new spells ready for you! =D

Eruption:
It is generally a VERY COOL version of flamestrike. But awesome it is.

Stonecall:
This ability does damage to a target area. But the way it does it... i'l let you see for yourself =P

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.