• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon Age 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Dragon Age 2
Developer: Bioware
Release: 3/8/2011
Genre: RPG
Platform: PS3/X360/PC
Publisher: EA

Outgoing links:
Bioware - Official Forum
What do we know so far?

Dragon Age 2 - Destiny Trailer

[R]
[R]

Dragon Age 2 - Directors Cut

[R]
[R]
I'm already hyped, as I loved Dragon Age: Origins and I hope the sequel will kick as much ass as the first one.
And what about you guys; are you as hyped as me or is this "Just another RPG"?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Lets just hope it is not another 30 minute blunder like the first one. 100 hours, yeh right.

Current SDA record for dragon age: origans is 30 minutes.

Ok maybe im being to harsh afterall a lot of the abused bugs were fixed in patches (specifically used release client for run). But it is no excuse to release something that buggy to the market where the makers did not even check the stat reset actually did reset the hidden stat counters or that by morphin and talking you could get outside map bounds.

Level 13
If you can get some powers where you can pull out giant fucking claw hands from no where I will play it for just that reason.

Level 34
Lets just hope it is not another 30 minute blunder like the first one. 100 hours, yeh right.

Current SDA record for dragon age: origans is 30 minutes.
Who gives a shit? Good for that person. It takes plenty of hours to fully beat the game, especially if you aren't on easy. The game is in no way a "blunder".

Ok maybe im being to harsh afterall a lot of the abused bugs were fixed in patches (specifically used release client for run). But it is no excuse to release something that buggy to the market where the makers did not even check the stat reset actually did reset the hidden stat counters or that by morphin and talking you could get outside map bounds.
So they missed some stuff upon release, who cares?

Level 25
@DSG, I've to agree with Gilles... If you play the game at Nightmare, do all the quest/plots and etc, you'll have many hours of Game-play.
My first character had 48-50H played, and my second is still running (Time Unknown, +/-50H) and the characters I've created after that is just a few hours into the game.
And if you complete Dragon Age in 30 minutes, that's your "problem"... 'Cause your missing all the fun in speed runs.

The only thing I don't like about Dragon Age (and Mass Effect) is all the DLCs, as I can't buy them Online and they won't be released in stores... So I'm missing parts of the game.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
He only did it on easy for extra speed. He could have done it on hardest difficutly and still be sub 2 hours because of the infinite stat bug present in the release version whereby resetting your allocation of stats did not reset how much the game thought you allocated so you could equivently get infinite statistics if done long enough. Although I am pretty sure it was patched (else the game would be a total sham) but it is no excuse for how someone could be so sloppy to make such a noticable bug in the first place that was uncovered minutes after the first people started playing it.

Also the no clip bug I was blowing up a bit, I am aware such RPGs with freedom like TES oblivion suffer from herendous clipping problems at times. Atleast you could not run through walls normally in dragon age like you could in RPGs like TES oblivion lol.

Level 23
The tactical combat system designed for PCs didn't translate well to consoles,
So basically, they're going to make the game casual? Urgh. I can see this going very wrong.

I'm worried this will be another Mass Effect 2 -- they'll change everything and start from zero instead of enhancing what's already there like they should. Hopefully this won't happen.

Thanks to these images you'll always know what sort of a response your character will give -- there's an olive branch for peaceful approaches, a comedy mask for witty remarks and a fist pump full of aggressive responses. These icons also help you distinguish when you're making a romantic move on someone, because the game of love is hard enough
So, they're going to tell you the answer instead of letting you think about it yourself. Good work guys, is that the entire point of a deep PC RPG whooshing past over there? The whole thing where you have to judge the right thing to say for yourself, and deal with it if you fuck up?

I'm not convinced, but we'll have to wait and see.

Level 34
So basically, they're going to make the game casual? Urgh. I can see this going very wrong.

I'm worried this will be another Mass Effect 2 -- they'll change everything and start from zero instead of enhancing what's already there like they should. Hopefully this won't happen.
I worry about the same things. However I heard that the game for PC will be played in much the same fashion, however with strong AI allies, you can focus a lot more on your character if you want. I hope that if you go normal or easy, you can play it more casual, and hard and brutal will be more tactical. I'd say that'd be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.