• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Down With DOTA!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A group of Orcs, known as Squad V, where sent to seek and destroy the one named DOTA. Once in DOTA, they must make there way into DOTA's saved files by making it pasted some Elite DOTA Herps, and the Protection Software.
Contents

Down With DOTA! (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: quality is too low, Rejected VGsatomi: Approved. First satire map I've seen in a great deal of time. I surely got a kick out of this. Nice, original idea. Overall well made map.
Level 4
"and one major weakness of dota is that, it focused on quantity (number of heroes / items) instead of quality. There are not much improvements on the quality of the map in each newer version."

IMO Dota has focused on being simple. And with being simple noobs can play it on their level, while pros do it on way different level.

Why hate DotA?

Because it's boring
Because it's unoriginal
Because it's overhyped
Because it's over-hosted
Because its community sucks
Because its heroes look like only two minutes were spent on each

Dota sucks because some cahracters are way to cheap compared to others. Like theat golbin guy that las mines hes crap. So when some1 plays random and you get stuck witht that dude youre team is a goner. Most of the warcraft community are jerks thoguh when it comes to playing any game. Like when you get stuck with a guy whos never played onlne before in melee game and he does all the wrong stuff and asks question about wat does cc mean. Then there teammates leave. But you were bad too at one point. But most of the ass community hangs out in dota. Dota is overplayed because when your looking for new maps to play all you can find is dota. And also dota just gets boring after awhile because it gets reptive with it alsaways being the same because people pick the same heros again and agian like razor is always picked.

The biggest reason why I hate DOTA Is because of this:

People forget about so-called Warcraft 3 game, and they start calling it DotA (Also rename it), Ive seen alot of players who rename the Warcraft 3 into DotA, but it is actually a WC3 (checked)

They also dont really care about the other thing than playing only it. for ex, they dont know what DotA Stands for (Defense of the Ancients), who's the creator and totally forget about other games, but DotA.

ADDED: Also the game itself is way too easily made for beign so popular and too same style all the game.

Havent played a map, but only cuz I like the name, ill give 5/5.
Sorry for the long post, but most people here are just in rage that dota gives no other decent map a chance, I admit that but you have to see that dota is so popular because it truly is one of the best w3 maps out there. In no way are any heros OP or IMBA in anyway shape or form. If that was not true then i would not see someone own with atleast everyhero. It doesnt matter what hero unless your good.

Level 20
Well there are some heroes that are imba, like Krobelus, you just press X and run around gg or Necro spam death pulses with nfite mana.

But if you think a little, Dota is the "most" balanced map. It have been made for ages and every update contains fixes and balances.

Level 2
Krobelus isn't really imba, her ultimate becomes totally useless at late game, totally. And necro doesn't have unlimited mana.

Level 1
Of course you can rage about riki or phantom lancer and how imba they are.

But come on! Its not hard if stop the imba heroes from gettin well farmed. Also, another great thing about DotA is the variety of game modes. Dota is not just apem, therefore you can play modes where its harder to get farmed.

and after all, did any of you ever play other custom games on wc3? (and dont tell me "dota choked em out" there are still lots of em, and its the bnet players that choked most of them out.) anyways, if u did play any other custom game you would know that there is that ONE special hero, that ONE special item that pwns all. In dota, ANY HERO can go godlike, regardless of the build.

To the rest...

Boring? with such big variety of game plays its kinda hard to get boring.

Unoriginal? LMAO, no really, lmao. Saying there are thousands of AOS games doesnt make dota unoriginal. Same as saying "There are thousands of custom games where you pick a hero! so unoriginal!"

2 minutes spent on heroes? why? is it cuz most heroes dont have that "fancy" model that makes the game lag?
Dota heroes are unique. Every hero has its special spell, and its special combo. Its not like footmen vs grunts where its all the same spells jus dif names and more dmg. and im not gona start talking about items.

All in all, id say DotA is the most Original and fun game on wc3.

Either you hate it cuz your jealous, or you tried it but got owned.
and dont blame dota for the people it attracts.

Level 3
One thing why some people hate DotA is Un-Balance!
Like Zeus have ultimate,that hits all units in whole map
And Silencer have Ultimate,that stops all enemy heros in map from using spells
And Tinker Have Rockets,which flies trough whole map
IS THAT BALANCED?IS THAT FEAR?NO!
SO DOWN WITH DOTA!
Thank you =)

Level 20
- Zeus' ultimate deals only a little damage. On first lvl its only like 150 damage for 240 mana. (we count hero magic res)
- And 3/4/5 second Silence with high manacost and cooldown isnt op.
- Tinker's rockets dont have unlimited range and have a high cooldown of 25 seconds.

All you people who keep complaining how imbalanced it is, could name a one map for me that is balanced.

Level 9
Sometimes I wonder why is DOTA popular when there are so many people that doesn't like it.
Same here... I don't know why?
Okay there are some funny spells and items... but thats all... In my opinion there are tons of other maps that are more funny as DOTA!
I prefer to play "Hungry Felhound" before I play DOTA!
DOTA is the map that I would play at last spot... If the maps were all deleted or the WE explodes... I would never play DOTA! NO!!!
I like you guys out there, who share this opinion.
PS:
I'll vote 5 for this. I hate dota. It's take over the whole warcraft3. and all player is s__ka__ i hate them all. I love war3 but REALLY REALLY HATE IT YA KNOW? HEY! CREATER OF DOTA! I HATE YOU! DO YOU READING THIS?? I HATE YOU! I LIKE DOWN WITH DOTA! HA HA HA HA HA HAH!
This is a lil bit hard... but I agree!...
DOWN WITH DOTA!!! IT SHALL DIE!!!

Level 3
Why hate DotA?

Because it's boring (your opinion)
Because it's unoriginal (I'd say it's pretty original since they have very well made heroes - never seen any heroes as good as DotA's heroes)
Because it's overhyped (if you learn how to play and win, it's pretty damn fun)
Because it's over-hosted (can't give my opinion since I always host games myself)
Because its community sucks (the entire wc3 community sucks. you can't play anything without people ruining, whining, feeding, leeching, stealing, leaving & teamkilling etc.)
Because its heroes look like only two minutes were spent on each (you must be joking. they are the best heroes I have ever seen. And the best part is that none of them that I can recall now has, what is just the worst thing ever, triggers that pauses your hero to execute a spell so you can't escape. The most ridiculous thing ever is when you lose control of your hero if you still can be hurt while using it. I've seen many spells on this site that are like that and I really wonder what you are supposed to use them for.)

Level 4
I am poor compared to some, you know why? Because the community prevents me from getting good. I join, I get killed ONCE, and I get screamed at by EVERYBODY to leave. Then, I get ganged up by four people so that they can laugh at me and spam "HAHAHAHA NOOB OWNED HAHAHA DIAF

Ask for help, play more.
Who cares if you get yelled at to leave or get ganked.
That's part of the game.

Speaking of which.
DotA is 'good' because of it's fast paced gameplay and balanced gameflow.
It's often a short session based game, but can be drawn out if you like, this appeals to a vast majority of gamers. It emphasizes teamwork over just being a one man army. Read: Takes skill to play well.

One of the things that made it such a popular map, besides its long history, is that players feel 'comfortable' with it. It's not so much of an alien concept any more.

Here's what I mean by comfort. There are other 'great' AoS style maps out there. Personas, EotA, ToB (rest in peace,) AotZ, DoExile, Age of Myths. But the problem is, for most of those maps... that you are thrown into a game not knowing what items to get, not even wanting to comprehend the incredibly long drawn out and math intensive tooltips for abilities (EotA.) Or complex terrain, or knowing where you should be going, who should be going with you, when to run.

It's simply "too much" for a simple 'player' to wrap their head around at the beginning.

DotA is, indeed, very simple, and that's what drives people to become comfortable with it. 'That' sole fact is why the player base is ever-growing.

Now a days, DotA has such an incredible player-base full of people that have been playing the game for a while, that if you throw a change in, even if it was something off the wall, they'd figure it out easily, and it'd then become part of the game's natural rythm.

That is what makes DotA great.
Not because of their heroes (because most of them are bland and uninteresting.)
Not because of the terrain (because it's ugly, yet functional.)

Because it is easy to learn, inspires competition, and has a great format to do it with.

EDIT: Having written this up, I am expecting less intelligent posts to be thrown at me with poor logic. So go for it.

Level 1
One thing why some people hate DotA is Un-Balance!
Like Zeus have ultimate,that hits all units in whole map
And Silencer have Ultimate,that stops all enemy heros in map from using spells
And Tinker Have Rockets,which flies trough whole map
IS THAT BALANCED?IS THAT FEAR?NO!
SO DOWN WITH DOTA!
Thank you =)

Once more, proof that people that say dota is IMBA are the ones that played it 3 or 4 times and sucked. Or maybe you just played WTF mode once.
Zeus - Zeus' skill is balanced. Yes, it hits every hero (not unit) on the map, but you must consider the cooldown and mana cost. Also, this is were strategy comes in. If you fear Zeus's ult, buy some magic resistance. Oh, and it doesnt deal 10 billion dmg unlike most abilities on bnet.
Silencer - Oh please, the silence doesnt last a year. Also Linkens can save you from that.
Tinker - Ok, they dont fly through the whole map, they have a fixed distance. Also, you have to be able to see your target AND you cant choose a target, its the closest 2 (or 1) heroes to you.

And again, COOLDOWN AND MANA EXISTS IN DOTA! (Aside from WTF)

You cant just look at 3 heroes and call the map imba. You can make hero combination. I can think of dozens of ways to escape an ult from Zeus. You can have Omni heal or repel or even ult, Harbring banish, use spell shield from the pipe thingy item, chens ult, invis also items such as reg, magic resistance, dmg reduction and so on.

Ofcourse if there was 1 Zeus and every other hero would have been some peon with no skills, 100 hp, and 1-1 dmg Zeus would have been imba. But there arnt any heros like that in DotA.

Level 11
Yes yes! I believe it. I won also every CS tourney when I was at some international game competition tournament. (And it was my first time playing CS1.6, had to play it because I accidently uninstalled warcraft 3 but still owned everyone HARD.
And yes, I do not hate wow neither DotA. DotA is played so much because it simply is the BEST aos map out there.

Thats so bullshit 3utcher. nobody believes that...

Level 11
Look the only way to take down DOTA is by 3 things:

1. Sue Icefrog for stealing Epic Games property.
2. Destroy all Host bots cause they suck (lag like hell, and there not fun)
3. Create a ''good'' virus that infect every computer and will delete everything with the name DOTA on it, which will delete all the maps, so it won't be hosted. Then the virus will delete itself after it does that.... (hardly a chance that will happen)

Anyway, on to the map itself, it has a lot of room for improvement, and I don't need to explain why because I'm sure people's post before me told you why.

Sure DOTA is a some what good game, but it ain't the best, it's overpopulated, it's spamming the game list a lot. The community sucks, no AI support so you can't improve... and just get laught, yelled and get insulted by everyone if you died... you can't download it from a game list if you don't have it, COMMERICAL USAGE?!?! IT'S A FREAKEN WARCRAFT MAP NOT A GAME!

Plus Turbo your stupid no offense, 1. SOME international game tournament.... 2. BEST AoS map EVER!!!! your retarded AoS is the best AoS map ever, for those who don't know what AoS is, it's the game that brought birth to the gameplay.

Level 8
Hey guys - my opinions of DotA and this topic for the win.

Please at least take the time to read my opinion.

Have you guys noticed that the people that are saying "dottsa sux lulll:LLLL" have really poor grammar/spelling? I don't blame them if they're foreign, but it makes me wonder - though it doesn't matter much.

I think DotA is simple. It has a huge and varied gameplay, but it's very simple. Choose hero, deny, kill creeps, buy items, kill more heroes, kill towers, repeat. Now, in my opinion, I really don't like DotA - it just isn't too fun.

YET IT IS FAMOUS.

It's pretty old. 3 Authors have evolved the game into the metagame called DotA. It's gained some support over the year and recently. It's not hard to find a game on B.Net nowadays [take that positive or negative as you think it is].

Other AoS games like [AotZ] and [DoE], and (my favorite) perSonas are very great. AotZ and DoE and the likes are very complicated, but they're pretty fun. A generic mind usually just ragequits instead of reading the text of the roleplay-enriched spells and whatnot. perSonas is simple - and personally VERY GOOD. perSonas should outweigh DotA in my opinion, but, of course, DotA has evolved and gained supporters. DotA is simply also hosted too much... and perSonas passes on to a hidden jewel in the huge sea...

A person that doesn't like DotA doesn't just state "i hate dota", they make up shit that they don't know and try to make the smallest negative thing seem like a mountain.

Wrel, I agree with you; it's very simple.

In my opinion, the players in DotA are especially rude if you do something wrong. Now, this isn't every player. Usually, I encounter a few a day if I just play DotA, which I quit playing a while back. And that sometimes leads to a ban or a boot.

Okay, logical-ish reasoning over. Time for some RANTING!

Players take this too seriously. The very fact that this forum is even open proves how much people take it too seriously. I agree with both sides; I don't like DotA. But I don't whine about it like a little pussy; I try to reason and not troll or flame. [Sorry if I seem like I have an ego; I really am trying not to.] It's hard for a laidback, beginner, or a new player to play DotA because they always get booted, banned, or not even allowed in. And now, there are DotA-spamming bots that rant about DotA guilds, even though there are tons of them. [I can't remember them all, but I remember there's quite a few.] It's been taken too seriously, I wish other players would just stop making it so complicated - lay back and relax. Enjoy other games and give them a damn chance.

Anyways - thanks for reading my post. You've probably wasted a good minute of your life. Sorry.

Don Para

Level 5
The community sucks

Public games are not the community.

no AI support so you can't improve

Ever visited getdota.com? Please check before you embarrass yourself.

-

What do you guys really hope to gain by hating on DotA? There have only been like eight identical threads like this in the past, and they did nothing but waste time until they got locked. Both sides are too hard-headed to listen to any kind of intelligent argument.

Level 11
I never cared for DOTA myself, yea its fun in a way but the players are brutal and mistreat newcommers instead of welcoming them to the game..

The game is taken way too serious and the crowd it draws in makes it more then just a custom map (More like a lifestyle). I played WOW and I don't understand the gripe on wow from a DOTA's players perspective... Dota is basically a wow battleground, think about it ... Custom your stats, recipees, classes. Yea ok it's fun for a little bit but wow has the big edge over it, and to tell the truth im bored of WOW. So when a player hates wow from a DOTA game I laugh because basically your playing a dumbed down version of wow and your sad because WOW charges a monthly fee and dota is free.

Now from the perspective of myself, not being a dota fan, I see just a repetative game style that gets pretty lame after the first few times playing. (Yes I am considered the NOOB or FEEDER!)

Dota ruined the community of custom mapping, because of the constant spam of Dota hosted maps the other map creators struggle hard to get their map popular. Not to mention the crazy spam DOTA bots that /w you in chat or in game.. The bots even join a game just to tell players to play DOTA...

It's gotten out of control. For the sake of starcraft 2 I hope they incorporate a blizzard DOTA map, this way DOTA will no longer be needed... (they would be smart to do so.)

P.S.

I think a lot of people here hate Dota because that it steals the attention away from the maps we work hard on creating, most players just want to play DOTA online then join a map that "might be fun" . I find it hard to fill my game unless I label the title "NEW MAP TEST PLZ" Again I played WOW and its better then DOTA ... so to jump into DOTA is like downgrading to a simpler game. (Some will disagree, but thats just because they hate wow cause they can't afford it)

Last edited:
Level 11
blizzard made dota? i wouldnt mind it.. it would eliminate the spam bots and stuff, perhaps even clear up the custom maps, if dota was a mode rather then a custom map :)

Plus all the banlist crap and overhype... I think I even heard wow added a dota mode... Champions Online talked about a DOTA mode. COmpany of heros has a dota mode...

I dont hate the creators of Dota , no no they did what they were suppose to. Make a cool map and get it popular, I just hate the fanbase.. Dota players are mean and nonsupportive, when I make maps I encourage newcommers to play, and I try to avoid hostile penalties that make the players target noobs with their rage.

It's pretty bad when you join a noobs DOTA and your called a noob and a feeder and that you should quit or end your life. I actually enjoy watching the hardcore dota fans burst a blood vessil to scream the whole game about your playstyle while they just sit around typing the whole time instead of aiding you. Just as the Hardcore players hate it when a noob enters pro dota, noobs hate it when a hardcore enters a noob game and rants about being so great.

Level 4
i suggest hiveworkshop has lots of dota haters probally like this
70% dota haters
30% dota lovers
for the truth it is somehow unoriginal because it kinda copies A.O.S.
and the players are so rude for example they call noobs feeders and some stuff

Level 9
DotA sucks because many heroes have no variation, There are sometimes glitches,
The games almost always lasts a bit too long even in Easy Mode, the map isn't symetrical
and is imbalanced in small porportions, and there is only running and attacking and no
alternatives to playstyle. There are many other problems too,
such as the overcostly and overpowered items, the overcostly mana consuming abilities with
enough cooldown to make them unspammable to disable INT heroes from having natrual good
ability purposes, the sucky Ultimate abilities and very normal seeming Ultimate abilities,
the melee creeps from waves that can tank just as good as a hero from game start, the high
level requirement to even have the possibly for almost every hero to just kill some side
path creeps and gain some expirience, the long tedious story lines of most heroes, the
tedious unnecissary information in some abilities to overcomplicate things and confuse the
player, the poor text descriptions on some abilities for heroes to describe the ability(s)
to the player, the near-mandatory requirement of one of the good movement speed increase
items early to mid game to have a chance, the complicated abilities with too much text,
the lack of effort in hero abilities that are the remade original WarCraft 3 unit
abilities, the inability to share gold with allies even though it is emphasized as a team
game, too many modes without an emphasis on a specific normal game mode or perfered game
mode, no emphasis on the game's game style with teams being able to get any hero from
either side depending on -ar (all random) and -ap (all pick), damage overpowers all other
possibilites and variation late game, some agility heroes have too many disadvantages early
game, mid game creep waves are near useless for pushing, no good creep wave primary
support items for pushing, too many hero dot abilities (too little hero variation), very
poor spell action detail and/or animation(s), unfitting hero abilities, too much 'I can't
tell what's happening unless I know' abilities, and the glitch where you lose multiple
times the amount of gold for every enemy hero that assisted in killing you.

good points! I totally agree with you!!!!!

Level 4
Which part of DotA sucks? It is very well-done.

Yes it is true that DotA steals the identity of Warcraft 3, in my country people forgot Warcraft and starts calling it DotA, but that's their business, not mine, and if you hate DotA don't just say "DotA sucks lol hahahaha I hate you DotA makers hahaha lol" post something that shows that you, DotA-haters are intelligent human being that can actually say a single reason not just flame. Until now the reasons to hate DotA are :

1.)You're a noob that gets pwned every single minute during the game.(Dude, EVERY DotA players experienced that! Why dont see yourself and improve rather than flame useless words?)

2.)It steals the identity of warcraft 3.(True, I also agree with this statement, and this is my only reason to hate dota, but aside from it the game is damn fun!)

3.)DotA pros are dickheads.(This is true, I also hate them. But as stated in reason#1, improve NOT flame!)

P.S
And those who say DotA heroes are imbalanced, they might just tried 5-6 intelligence-based heroes. I must say, DotA heroes are sometimes imbalanced but in every new release the heroes and items are always balanced! Making 95 heroes and checking every single of them is not an easy job. DotA is an AoS map that has the most balanced heroes in my opinion.

Level 11
Which part of DotA sucks? It is very well-done.

Yes it is true that DotA steals the identity of Warcraft 3, in my country people forgot Warcraft and starts calling it DotA, but that's their business, not mine, and if you hate DotA don't just say "DotA sucks lol hahahaha I hate you DotA makers hahaha lol" post something that shows that you, DotA-haters are intelligent human being that can actually say a single reason not just flame. Until now the reasons to hate DotA are :

1.)You're a noob that gets pwned every single minute during the game.(Dude, EVERY DotA players experienced that! Why dont see yourself and improve rather than flame useless words?)

2.)It steals the identity of warcraft 3.(True, I also agree with this statement, and this is my only reason to hate dota, but aside from it the game is damn fun!)

3.)DotA pros are dickheads.(This is true, I also hate them. But as stated in reason#1, improve NOT flame!)

P.S
And those who say DotA heroes are imbalanced, they might just tried 5-6 intelligence-based heroes. I must say, DotA heroes are sometimes imbalanced but in every new release the heroes and items are always balanced! Making 95 heroes and checking every single of them is not an easy job. DotA is an AoS map that has the most balanced heroes in my opinion.

Ok, maybe some real words from the English language are needed to reply to this comment.

DOTA is fun for the first few tries but it gets borring after like the 10th or more games, a majority (and I said majority) are abusive, some people do take comments seriously, like lol you suck, you noob, GTFO and STFU etc. Some people find it unbalanced cause of the items in the game, basically it's not a game of skills or strategy it's the one who gets the best items who wins the duel.

If ever a single player leaves the game (90% of the time) it just rendered it almost impossible for the team that had the player left to win why? Cause instead of having 2 vs 2 guys on a lane, it would be 2 on 1 and good luck trying to take out 2 heroes by yourself.

Host bots... the worst part about DOTA seriously those bots just fill 75% of the game list with it, the problem with that is newer maps can't get noticed or popular without DOTA stomping it on the ground like if it was a worm.

Level 9
yeah, Tau Empire. You are absolutely right. dota is all about itemssssssss and that's it. However, when we pointed out this thing to those dota ass kissers, they will flame us back by saying that "no, dota is not about items, each dota great heroes have unique abilities" (oh, come on, those abilities are just normal warcraft III abilities with edited numbering, edited naming and edited "perfect" storylines), some of them said "dota requires a lot of skills too, you need to find the best timing to ambush or hide" (which AoS map don't need this?) etc. It seems like they never played other AoS maps before.

DOTA is fun for the first few tries
Some of the players do not find it fun even for the first few times. Why? Because those complicated items combination system had made the game complicated + boring instead of simple + fun...

IMHO, dota will never be balanced if the author keep adding items and heroes in each new release. The author should focused on the existing heroes and add other fun elements into the game instead of increasing the quantity of items and heroes. Therefore, dota sucks!

Level 13
yeah, Tau Empire. You are absolutely right. dota is all about itemssssssss and that's it. However, when we pointed out this thing to those dota ass kissers, they will flame us back by saying that "no, dota is not about items, each dota great heroes have unique abilities" (oh, come on, those abilities are just normal warcraft III abilities with edited numbering, edited naming and edited "perfect" storylines), some of them said "dota requires a lot of skills too, you need to find the best timing to ambush or hide" (which AoS map don't need this?) etc. It seems like they never played other AoS maps before.

DOTA is fun for the first few tries
Some of the players do not find it fun even for the first few times. Why? Because those complicated items combination system had made the game complicated + boring instead of simple + fun...

IMHO, dota will never be balanced if the author keep adding items and heroes in each new release. The author should focused on the existing heroes and add other fun elements into the game instead of increasing the quantity of items and heroes. Therefore, dota sucks!

God you are totally wrong.

You can check all heros and EVERY hero has at least 2 triggered spells which makes like > 150 triggered spells in the whole game.
And why not use the standart Wc3 spells and edit them?
That does not make a game a bad game.

The complicated item system? Now you just prove that you are totally brainless.

See the item text goes like this: "Requiered: x, y, z" "Tooltip"

Now you can't tell me that this is difficult.. You buy the items which are named there and then (if necessary) the recepie.
That's all. That's NOT difficult at all.

The items are imbalanced? Well items strengthen your hero and without items it would be boring. Now you can't just say because an item gives you certain boni it is imbalanced.

The very positive thing with dota is just that every hero is balanced (and do not tell me anything else. THEY ARE!)
AND nearly every hero can be countered by another hero.

The bad thing with dota is the community.
Because you have no chance of getting better because noobs (or newbies) are just flamed or kicked.
(I learned Dota on a lan party with some friends)

AND you are right with the huge number of Dota versions. 6.64 is just too much.
Whenever a new version comes out I have to spend like 20 min on only reading the changelog and learning about the recepie changes.

All in all you can not say that Dota is bad or good.

Level 3
Bad balance, unoriginal spells, stupid item system, ugly terrain. What is there to like, exactly? most of the time, people play dota as if they'll become famous for playing it

Level 8
Face it, the item system is used in EVERY SINGLE AoS, AND IT'S SIMPLE AND EFFICIENT! Spells are original enough, what other maps have any of these spells <that came before DotA>? Ugly terrain? Well, yeah, it's passable, but not ugly... but not good either. I'm neither pro-DotA or pro-antiDotA. Anyways, DotA took a LOT of work to make - especially making a custom item for every single non-trade-able item that has a cancel icon for it... that's a lot of edited icons!

Now people are just desperate to flame DotA, just making shit up that they don't know.

Level 2
I like dota play it too much but im boring sometime of it and i play other rpg games.My brother dont know play warcraft 3 only dota, and he think that warcraft 3 is dota ;P.I think some heroes are so overpowered against some heros.If you talk about that techies ok he can be so stupid hero but if you know use you can be really good with mines you have suicide wich if you are at risk and you can kill somebody and dont give him money.

Level 8
Ugly Terrain
And? Really, so what. It's a map, not a damn showcase for your 1337 terrain skills. It's a map that has to be compatible with over 380 abilities, what kind of terrain did you expect?

Unoriginal and Unbalanced
It's not the first AoS map, but did the creator/s ever claim that?
The map has 95 heroes, how original did you expect it to be?
And if you find it unbalanced, well try to balance 95 heroes yourself. Besides, there could be an another explanation of why you find it unbalanced.
You. Just. Don't. Play. Well.
Many people complain about that the game is too item based. That's a really lame reasion, why would it be "unbalanced" because of that. I mean, nothing stops you from getting those imba items too.

Almost No Triggered Spells
Where did you hear that from?
Besides, even if that's thruth, why would that make the map worse?

Flame and Community
It's cyber, if you take it personally noob, you should stop wasting your time in the internet you freaking idiot. There's no way else you can escape from this f*cking flame.
(Those insults were just .. examples. Nothing personal)

To me it's pretty clear why the majority of this community grew all this hatred against this damn map.
You're jealous of it's popularity.
or/and
You're not a good "DotA-Player".
or/and
You like to whine.
or/and
You just like go with the flow.

Last edited:
Level 3
i dont like dota but this is too much dota is very original because it was the first map with that idea the other games that look like that are the unoriginal maps... so stop blaming have to say it... onee of wc3 best map idea's!

Level 11
i dont like dota but this is too much dota is very original because it was the first map with that idea the other games that look like that are the unoriginal maps... so stop blaming have to say it... onee of wc3 best map idea's!

Just to point out DOTA isn't the first AoS map, AoS is the first bloody map the create a hero base game with lanes in them and the only thing you have to do it run back and forward all the time. What DOTA succeded however, was it's hard work, sure I don't like it myself, but atleast he tried, it's just to bad so many people don't even know Warcraft 3 anymore cause of that... Balancing 95 heroes you say? If you can't balance them out then why release it? Making it unbalanced actually seperates bordom from fun (which is wierd). Cause if the same is perfectly balance then the game would never end, unless your playing with a 5 year old....

Overall, DOTA I hate it, but I ain't gonna make fun of it, hosting bots are the most annoying thing on Battle.net, and hopefully Blizzard with Battle.net 2.0 will do some kind of filter for this, cause I'm tired of seeing 75% of the game list saying DOTA and Free Porn or something like that. It sorta stomps the other creators maps, some of them are really good but it ain't popular cause DOTA IS ON THE FREAKEN LIST ALL THE TIME so people won't notice the map at all.

Level 9

it is sad that most dota ass kissers thought dota is the first map of this type.. pls do some research before you kiss dota's lame ass!

Level 13
last i checked, this thread is for the discussion of a map called "down with dota" and yet you guys are going on and on about the map dota. please make another thread for this or something...you're really rather annoying for going on and on about something off-topic...

Level 8
Kinda the creator's own fault.

"Down with DOTA".

Really, you think no one will react when he is basically "bashing" another map?

If he never put DOTA in the name, especially never put the word "Down with", this wouldn't have happen.

Level 9
Play Hero Wars for action.

You DO get shit for dying, and i would bet if you ARE "pro" at dota and you die, if you don't know anyone else in the game they will call you noob and get all OVER your shit. It IS over hyped, brain-washed kiddies being told it's the shit by someone who just beat their ass so they are convinced it must be good. Then they tell two friends, and they tell two friends, and so on, and so on.

I generally play Hero Wars and this is what i always say when a dota noob comes knockin' around, "DOTA is HW without the action".

Yet all i hear is, "You have to be skilled to be good at DOTA", "It's all about skill".. No fucking skill is needed in running back and forth and taking pop-shots at a tower until it dies, then another tower until it dies, and then you've just won.

Dota is slow, it's boring, there's no action, no feel of real danger in losing/winning the game or losing/keeping your hero.

Sure, we're all here to pass some time but try even PLAYING dota without being asked one of XXXXXXXX questions about how much an item costs. How the fuck does knowing how much an item costs going to prove that you are "pro"? And let me tell you, no one in any game type is pro; we are human, we make mistakes, we win, we lose, take it like a man, help someone else get better or try to become better yourself.

Low on health? RUN AWAY! At least in Hero Wars you can be picked off by invisible ranged units. In HW, shit happens.. In dota.. shit.. is happening.

Last edited:
Level 8
I thought you weren't allowed to advertise your map in another map's forums.

Cheeder - Stop spreading "good stuff" about a crappy map while bashing another map. You are just trying to make up stuff about what you think is the problem in DotA. You appeal to NO ONE, and your weak rants do nothing. I don't want you to feel like I am hating you and bashing you, but your post is useless. Good day.

Level 13
kinda the creator's own fault.

"down with dota".

Really, you think no one will react when he is basically "bashing" another map?

If he never put dota in the name, especially never put the word "down with", this wouldn't have happen.

but the map has nothing to do with bashing dota!! It's just an ugly map that's no plot or sense or fun!! It seriously looks like a map that could be compared to a drawing made by a baby...

Level 5
DoTa will destroy HUMANITY!..

Know why?..

The Dota Players abandon their GIRLFRIENDS just to be with DOTA~

Level 9
I thought you weren't allowed to advertise your map in another map's forums.

Cheeder - Stop spreading "good stuff" about a crappy map while bashing another map. You are just trying to make up stuff about what you think is the problem in DotA. You appeal to NO ONE, and your weak rants do nothing. I don't want you to feel like I am hating you and bashing you, but your post is useless. Good day.

I don't feel offended. You should re-read what you wrote, though, because it doesn't make sense. You are basically accusing me of having illegitimate opinions when in fact that's just what they are, opinions. And the day some noob puts in recipes in HW will be the last day it is hosted. How do you expect action while you are spending most of the game waiting for gold and trying to figure out "what" and "what were"?

You seem to be a die-hard fan of DOTA (unfortunately) but i ask you to think about your beginnings on b-net. Why did you come to like DOTA so much? I think the game "free wood/gold" (a spamming game) has more action than HW (if you are 1v2 or more.) A lot of people here will give someone like me shit for saying that, but it's the way i feel, excited from a challenge.
I believe there is no real challenge or danger in DOTA. Of course i would get owned because i can't enter a game without knowing how much an item is, i can't play long before one leaves and then EVERYBODY leaves, and i don't have the time in-game to see what's what and recipes before being screamed at to go to this lane, to do this thing, to do that thing, all the while being called names (which i really think is funny - like some other people here said - because then i fuck around on purpose trying to make them pop a vein).

This, WC3, is not my life. Like all it is to pass the time, life is mostly waiting, after all. But i will NEVER be so passionate as someone like you over the creation of someone else. I will, however, be passionate about making just as good of map but even moreso. I find pleasure in making maps more than i do playing. I see HW and see how it can be better, so i am working on a newer version. I see DOTA and see it lacks the ingredients i would say make for a good game, and therefore i am stupefied by the sheer popularity it holds, and have no interest in discovering how i think it could be better without turning it into it's cousin - Hero Wars.

If you really want to get into it let me know and i'll do a run-down comparing the two maps. I'm sure you'd discover that at their current states HW is more dynamic than DOTA, and faster-paced (like i said, more action).

You keep playing your nooby game and the big boys will keep to HW.

EDIT: btw, i am not promoting my own map. Yes i am working on a HW but here are many out there. However, i think HW has a long way to go to catch up to the popularity of DOTA, and i'd like for the little ones to see how much more fun HW is than DOTA, so my "Play Hero Wars for action." was to increase awareness to people that there are other games than DOTA. Plus, because of the aforementioned, the more people who play HW the more people who might want to mod it and get it up to the status i see for it in my mind.

Level 8
Well, terribly sorry if I appeared to be a "passionate dota fan" and if I seemed to be hurtful, but in fact, I don't play DotA that much (I've only played it like 4 times). I'm just trying to defend something, but you can go make assumptions. Hell, I play hero wars more than DotA. I am no die-hard DotA fan, and if you read my previous posts then it is apparent.
And why do you think I am DotA-biased? Hell, I defend it, but I don't defend it with my life. I wanted to show you my opinion, though, and I realize my words were too strong to express my ideas properly... yet it infuriates me that you provide this argument based on assumptions.

I agree, though. Many people do play DotA too much. I know many, many maps that should have a star reputation, yet fall behind. Maybe because it's DotA is simple. Maybe because DotA is easy for power. Maybe it's... just cool. I'm not entirely sure what people's minds think of... but it's too far to change. Forums, websites, tournaments, bots, games, users, advertisements, forums, and many more have been built upon DotA. It'll have to be worked on... slowly.

Warcraft 3 is not my life, kay? I'm not going to continue this now, and again, my apologies.