1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Down With DOTA!

Submitted by DredLord2
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
A group of Orcs, known as Squad V, where sent to seek and destroy the one named DOTA. Once in DOTA, they must make there way into DOTA's saved files by making it pasted some Elite DOTA Herps, and the Protection Software.
Contents

Down With DOTA! (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: quality is too low, Rejected VGsatomi: Approved. First satire map I've seen in a great deal of time. I surely got a kick out of this. Nice, original idea. Overall well made map.
  1. Rajin71506

Rajin71506

Resources:
    Resources:
    True that!

2. KelThuzad

KelThuzad

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's the point. I think that is like ... 75%. And TurboJyri, no, we do not get owned. People (Even people who only play DotA) are playing DotA in my camp and I got 1st place on championship there once (ar I think). I do hate dota, and we do not get owned.

I assume that next queston asked would be "Why do you play it then?"
    Answer: There are only 2 games there that everybody play: CS and DotA. This season CS was not working there, so I had to play DotA. Still, kicked everybody's ass.

Too much about me, now to the Game itself:

People hate dota because... DotA is kind of WoW. People spend alot of time in it, try to get other things than usual, and pwning noob's asses. And, as you know, its natural to hate MMORPGs like WoW. So here's the reason: DotA is new type of MMORPG (Not as a game, but as in mind sof Doters).

Someone may say that I am wrong, someone may say that I am totally right, but this is MY opinion.

Also, I think, DotA was the first decent Wc3 map, and so people started to play it because there were no other good games. And so they played and played but forgot that times change, and there are other maps now.

Sorry for the flood, and DredLord2 - thanks for making this Map of yours and publishing it here so I can freely say my opinion, for that its rep to you.

3. TurboJyri

TurboJyri

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes yes! I believe it. I won also every CS tourney when I was at some international game competition tournament. (And it was my first time playing CS1.6, had to play it because I accidently uninstalled warcraft 3 but still owned everyone HARD.
    And yes, I do not hate wow neither DotA. DotA is played so much because it simply is the BEST aos map out there.

4. KelThuzad

KelThuzad

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Its hard to understand to a person that do not hates DotA.. heh.. still, thanks for understanding and beign so polite.

5. TurboJyri

TurboJyri

Resources:
    Resources:
    You are welcome, we DotA-not-haters are rarely found over internet, and nobody understands us. Good that we got warm welcome in hiveworkshop (almost warmer than naruto fans).

6. bountygiver

bountygiver

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I'm taking neither side in this "hate dota" debate...

Yes, dota can be fun if you can find the players to play with it, and it has some really great gameplay features and spell ideas, but sometimes I get sick of that type of maps. Two sides, pick your hero, and CHARGE!!! until one side dies. Every 20 AoS maps I look at, 19 are imitations of it.

7. DaRkaHn

DaRkaHn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Reasons becuse Dota SUX:
    1. 85% of dota players are total Dick-heads
    2. its TOTALLY unrealistic like WHY should the nightelfs recuit orcs?
    3. 70% of the hosts are like: He left i BAN him! HAHAHAHA
    4. Bad Gameplay Style
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS IS THE REASONS I HATE DOTA

8. Screaming_flame

Screaming_flame

Resources:
    Resources:
    I also hate dota:
    Why:
    Overpriced items
    -----this can be solved by adding a gold mine to attack and rob.
    No potion of healing
    ---Yes, the flask doesn't help.
    Overpowered Scourge heroes
    ---- when playing AL, they cheat, Like having some recipie items at the Start.
    besides, Icefrog stole Dota
    ---True. Piracy. So people Stop being Stingy, Add something that can prove that Place is your's, like your username, on a trigger,unit, Terrain,etc.
    The only thing I like it, Drow ranger, Goblin, Blade dancer,

Most heroes does have Crappy moves, like Anti-mage's Spell Resistance. People Confuses it with Mana shield.

And the ability to not Attack Ancients with Spells
    --Like WTF this is not working!

Nerfed Roshan, but not Heroes.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  9. Acutesharpness

Acutesharpness

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    About Dota

Hey I haven try this map out, but will try it later on so don't worry

About People: Some hard working people are finding other maps, giving them a chance, and found out that it was all not going well... When people(I mean the searchers) get disappointed in their first impression! They don't ever play the map again.
    So considering that there are just a few. YES I MEAN only a few searchers in this world and considering the rest are just dota freaks... How are good maps going to stand out?!
    Because there are tons and tons and noob maps that go through the searchers, it just make the searchers more and more and more tired of searching new maps that they just totally, YES TOTAL and NEVER AGAIN search for maps and that is why good maps don't stand out.. So back to the point of dota below...

About Dota: It is the very first uncrap and stable map with ultimate balancing by IceFrog's team credits to a lot of people. So much well spreaded by the community that people are well informed about dota updates and the dota webs became popular but thats not my main point...MY main point is, dota is well spreaded very nice, dota freaks gives up on other maps, non-dota freaks gets tired of noob maps, so much tired that they slowly become dota freaks and slowly most players become dota freaks...
    When dota freaks gets tired of dota they start to find other maps and compare dota with their map and say this "Why not play dota?" and then gives u a freak face and leave the game in your face... so thats how warcraft players in battle.net works... So let me tell you people, YES I MEAN MAP MAKERS, as me myself also a map maker, goes through a huge level of critism gave this speech about maps and warcraft dota... it is also true that people misunderstand dota as warcraft and vice versa because, in warcraft, in people's mind, dota is the simplest game, neatest they can ever think of...
    Considering the above conditions, spread a new map is near impossible to be as famous as dota but still can be spreaded well with helps from alot of people...

Map makers please give chances to people who want to help with your map because dota is overwelming!

10. Dieseldodge

Dieseldodge

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Damn this map is so protected that you can't even play it! Seriously man , you protected it in-game? xd I wanna kill dota!

11. ShiroiSenji

ShiroiSenji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Personally i think....Dota is bit overrated, the gameplay triggers are prety nice (picking, Swapping and etc.). But still spells could look more better than that.
    And i would want to see more items.

12. Soul-_-Hunter

Soul-_-Hunter

Resources:
    Resources:
  13. Takahuja

Takahuja

Resources:
    Resources:
    Things I like on DotA :
    -You can play it with a lot of people
    -Nice Balancing
    -Much Heroes
    -Fun to Play

Neutral things :
    -I think there are much better AoS Maps out there , with a lot more fun

Negative Things :
    -Not directly a DotA problem , but most ppl who play it , realy like to piss other people off

But All in All I donĀ“t hate it I even like it but as I said out of my opinion there are some better maps

14. KeLeNoR

KeLeNoR

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Because i hate DotA

I agree with you DreadLord2!
    DotA is a peace of trush!
    And i will agree with Kel'thuzad's post "Most people call war3 as dota" realy this happens and i get nervous of it!
    It just a map and many people have stuck with it!
    and TurboJyri do not say again "those who hates dota are loosers"!
    Play your pitiful "dota" and close your mouth! :angry:
    DotA=:ugly:

15. Dekku

Dekku

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey DotA is great. Many heroes, fun abilities, nice terrain, several commands blabla.

BTW, u guys should looooove DotA. Because i know sooo many people that bought WC3 for DotA. Who knows? DotA maybe saved B-net! :mwahaha: Mwahaha

(go ahead, kill me)

16. PsychoNerdial

PsychoNerdial

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont really think that you should hate dota that much. If you dont play it, why complain? It's not your problem. The only ones who hate Dota are the ones that dont play dota. The ones who do, they think it's fun, so why do you want the series gone, i ask you? If you dont play it, IT'S NOT YOUR PROBLEM!

17. thefray

thefray

Resources:
    Resources:
    does everybody in the Hive community HATE dota???????:eekani:

18. MrBimbo

MrBimbo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay, DotA may suck, but it's still the only map on wc3 that is still widely played. It may not have the best of qualities, but it is the most addictive and most fun. (why else would so many people play it?)

in my experience, people don't give dota a long enough chance.

19. PsychoNerdial

PsychoNerdial

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont remember casting slow on you:wink:

20. jensen

jensen

Resources:
    Resources:
    cibai, dota is the suckest game in warcraft III, it is not creative at all. the item are so stupid, non triggered. and the abilities are more or less the same.. they are just lousy warcraft III normal abilities with edited numbering.. more damage, longer damage duration etc. and dont say that dota haters are the one who dont play dota. we wont say like that if we never play dota. its because we played it and we found the problems, that's why we stated that out. dota lovers / players suck ass because they never give chance to other maps out there, which are really few thousand times better than the lame shit dota. why dota is widely played? the only reason is that their marketing strategy is good, that's all. their team are actually rich and use $ to buy everything , advertisement and earn promotion. compare to the creative mappers out there who creates maps alone but without marketing team, definitely dota owns the popularity although that is the suckest game! that is the explanation why many people don't know about those good warcraft III maps out there. so, stop praising the lame dota! look at what the dota lovers say about dota : fun when playing with other friends, good balancing, much heroes.. aren't those things cannot be found in other warcraft III maps? pls state anything that is in dota but its not in other warcraft III map! if not, shut up!