• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA , too much famous ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y

Thats only a little example .
DOTA . everyone plays dota until madness , and i say STOP to the DotA drug ! Over my school everyone dota's and when i want to play a little Cannon Commander ( or other ) they call me loser .
I founded the DotAdrug . It can be hardly stopped , only by making a better map , collaburating everyone .
But no one , same , can beat IT . It cant be stopped easily , but we can . Soon there will be DotA chips or DotA chocolate eggs , and there will be more and more DotAdrugged ones , some will die of overdose , if we dont stop it .

We must flood battle net with cool maps , and reach the ultimate goal : DEFEAT DotA !!!!

Level 5
Dota is the same thing always :? and it gets people sick dam when u play it people says things like: wtf u doing u a****** u f****** noob idiot and all type of things and if u notice THERE ARE lots of better maps than Dota an example is Eota, has great custom spells, very rich terrain with 3 or 4 multimaps to fight on, and much more enjoyable gameplay, but I still dont understand why Dota is so "good" for lot of people I mean cmon!! there are better maps and Dota makes me :x :evil: this must be stoped but the question is HOW? :roll: I can say some things about Dota:
-NOT the best AoS map
-It makes people sick with FLAMING to unimaginable aspects :shock:

Dota is a good map but the players arent, if at least the people doent flames then at least the game could be a little more enjoyable I guess playing with AI would even be better than in Bnet :roll:

Level 4
everyone in the world ( hawaii , italy , japan , and venezuela ) says that DotA sucks .
so lets flood battle net with better maps !!
stop the DotAdrug

Level 5
Come to think of it, isn't DotA a way to maintain all of these idiots that ruin the game?

Think about it, get rid of DotA, and they spread to any other enjoyable games and ruin them too.

Why not quit BNet and leave it all behind?....I did it....yet I dont feel guilty...

Amen.

Level 9
saying about it here isnt going to do much, i bet you most of the people who play dota dont even know what a map editor is... but realy Breaking_Benjamin has a very good point, i agree with him

Level 6
Rui is right. Dota will never die... I hate ALL aos maps... where troops just continually run at each other... its boring, but at least it contains morons from other, more interesting games. If only the filter thing on the bnet custom game search could have an option of "find games which arent dota" - it would save everyone time but make the list alot smaller ;)

Level 1
Why We Must Fight Dota???

We (dota haters) still fight the horribly overpopulated games of dota because there are too many of theme, and unlike deer when they overpopulate they don't starve to death.

I'm not going to quit Bnet because of dota. I play Bnet because of the freedom it gives me as a map maker and a player. Look at this website for example. There are probably around 4000 different maps total not including updates/modifications, how many of these maps here do you really see played on Bnet? Is the reason that the maps suck or is it that too many people are addicted/forced to play dota.

Don't think that i'm a person who's never played dota never worked with the map editor. For almost a week straight I was forced to play DOTA around 10hrs a day over the summer a couple years ago. The only reason my friends played it was because there is literally nothing else to play besides dota. The reason that Bnet is still up and running and is still used by so many people is because it gives us a chance to make our own maps and play many many variations of other peoples ideas. We shouldn't be contained under the tyrannical rule of DOTA!

Level 5
Re: Why We Must Fight Dota???

[/quote]We shouldn't be contained under the tyrannical rule of DOTA!

People THINK that their map will be famous if they call it something like Sota,Pota,Rota,etc,etc actually there are maps that have those names! :roll: war 3 modding cant continue like this, there must be a chance to all other maps and mapmakers :x :evil:

Level 5
Feel that I need to say...You dont need to quit BNet cos of dotA....I quitted BNet because yet assholes roam freely in chat channels. But its always good to finally never see the damned map hosted again....yea other maps need chances....no one hosts my Eve of the War XTreme :( <---THATS one of my best maps(besides End of the World :roll: :twisted: )

Level 5
...You dont need to quit BNet cos of dotA....

I didn't, I quit cuz of the idiots that still roam freely to all games, though it's mostly DotA.

war 3 modding cant continue like this, there must be a chance to all other maps and mapmakers

there is, just host a game, usually someone or some ppl will get interested. I've hosted a lot of my maps, even horrible ones, and people still have joined them for me.

what we're missing is that some of us here actually like DotA, it's just some of the idiots that play it that ruin it. And once again, is DotA not a way to maintain these idiots?

Level 1
Idiot Control???

Yes right now dota contains the real idiots, people who really are stupid, but every game an online person plays will change their perspective of an online game and how it is appropriate to act in them. For example someone who starts on a game like WoW or another MMORPG who basically has a no shit policy about harassment and cursing they are going to develop into a gamer who less likely to be extremely obscene because of the strict penalties of that type of game. While we have bnet, where the only real people who act as moderators are clan shamans and game hosts. To be honest i've never heard of anyone getting banned from Bnet for swearing even. DOTA teaches players that its ok to drop out of a game if it starts going bad, to blame your teammates, to think only about yourself, it promotes what should be demoted, and demotes what should be demoted. For example, in almost every dota game at least half of each team is extremely defensive about their "lanes". I've seen dota games where the host has rmed just because someone else was in his lane to help him out against impossible odds, or to finish off an enemy. I think that because of dota and how almost every Bnet player has played at least one game of it, we have so many of those idiots, droppers, join and dl, and soloers who dont help teammates.

Dota may contain the original idiots, but it is just going to create more rejects.

Level 9
Dota is always the same thing, without even good effort in the "new spells"

i hate it

Level 5
Dota may contain the original idiots, but it is just going to create more rejects.

DOTA teaches players that its ok to drop out of a game if it starts going bad, to blame your teammates, to think only about yourself, it promotes what should be demoted, and demotes what should be demoted.

I think you mean demotes what should be promoted, but anyway.

Very good point, and very true, but if smart ppl play it that know it's their fault because of defeat or a bad situation, no rejects will be created. And is it not true that it is usually the idiots that create more rejects? The original idiots spread it like a virus, where they blame another person, and because of that that person leaves, or starts blaming someone else, and so it starts. These "original idiots" only spread it like flames.

I have played many regular games on Bnet (not custom) where the same thing usually always happens. Most of your teammates will instantly start calling you anything that is only true of themselves, until you end up becoming their one way to survive. Or the other team will start flaming their one, helpless teammate.

This is the reason I quit Bnet, though DotA contains most of the idiots, there is still usually many roaming around to any game, custom or not. There has been only one game that I have ver played that everyone congradulated each other on a good game and the defeated accepted that and replied kindly.

Level 27
I would say a long speech, but it's late, I'm tired, so I'm gonna probably go with this:
For once it's the sinners and not the sin.
Not to say DotA is a sin, but the map is overall pretty good, I think it's more balanced than most of the crap people try and pass out there, the terrain isn't bad, the heroes are pretty cool, the map is overall great.
Now let's talk about the people.
99% of the people who play DotA are, hmmm, lemme think of the best way to put it...
*** ****ing ******* with no ******* life at all, who play to ****talk and not to play.
Then there's the banlist. Probably the single most obvious sign that human intelligence is decreasing. I bet TDA will be reduced to a clan of monocellular beings in a few years...
Really, there should be a DotA banlist for those who get overcompetitive with the game, shittalk, and all that other annoying stuff that we all hate about the people there, and rather than being booted from games they get sent a lovely virus which locks their screen onto a blank image with red flashing test that reads:
GET A ****ING LIFE YOU MORON!
Ohhh the satisfying hypocrisy of it all.
Keyword: satisfying :p

I would say a long speech,

Well, there went that...
Just my two cents on DotA.
--donut3.5--

Rui

Rui

Level 41
This is topic is still going on? Oh well...

My opinions:

Terrain: Avareage, not to mention that the scourge side is a complete disaster.
Hero Design: Yeah, spells are cool and all that, but the creator should first think on issues on the old heroes before mass submiting new heroes, the alchemist's actives and passive were completly nerfed while the ultimate is still imba.

So, before releasing lots of new heroes, the creator should first think on balancing what has already been made. Will Ezalor EVER pawn Bloodseeker in a 1v1 combat? No.
Oh and people from my country say that DotA requires skills. Rofl, the only hero I think requires skills is Magina, the Anti-Mage. Others, like N'aix, are an abuse of skill requirement, you know, you must click the ultimate and attack. That's skills. :roll:

Level 27
Meh Magina can be easy abused with bashers and go permabash...
The heroes I think require skill are:
Tauren... forgot his name
Vengeful Spirit
Ezalor
Pudge... Not saying that cuz he my favorite hero... Hook requires skill.
Pugna
The heroes that need to be majorly nerfed:
Abaddon, LoA... He can't die. His ultimate cooldown is 60 seconds, it lasts 6 >_>''
Bloodseeker... They improved what needed to be nerfed.
Axe... Early game raper, late game more raper...
Naix... Lategame unstoppable.

There are prolly a lot more that I've forgotten.
Will Ezalor EVER pawn Bloodseeker in a 1v1 combat? No.
I think that may be on purpose, there are your hero killers, your support heroes, your tower pushers. The imba ones are those who can do all three, or 2 of them really well.
I agree with you, Rui, he should definitely fix the heroes that are F*cked up right now instead of making new f*cked up ones to deal with later.
Pfft, and then he even considers making a banlist when the game isn't yet balanced... :roll: :roll: :roll:
--donut3.5--

Level 27
Whenever I get ezalor, I go staight for the ultibooster then just sit in base and pool money and lead your armies to battle... But yes, there is the constant bitching about getting "good" and "bad" heroes where in an ideal AoS, there should be no "bad" or "good" heroes, something ICefrog is FAR from attaining...
--donut3.5--

Level 3
I voulentarly got myself banned from DotA? Why? because the player base disgusts me to no ends. (No offence to the player base here)
I mean, when you use a BANLIST for WTF mode, something whent horribly wrong and the plug should be pulled now.

Level 3
WTF mode gives infinite mana no cooldown on spells.
Yeah, intellegent with peeps like Zeus around. And people still moan and whine too when played.
Seriously, a DotA boycott would show them, but there are too many jerks on Bnet to stop playing it.

Level 3
>>' Sorry if this sounds like a light rant but....

DotA is only popular because it provides security to those without a mind to adapt to anouther hero, but the ones that are so mind numingly easy to use that any window licker can figure it out, pretty much point and click, point and click, bah, by end game most of the spellcasters are useless, which I hate considering mages are my strong point. The people in that show very little talent and when they get killed in anouther map it is allways the same Bull, "This so is a DotA ripoff" They act like DotA is a complete original of an idea that has been around since starcraft. -rant done-

>>' Sorry been a bit refined for a long time, and I'm just getting po'd at the people who leave AoS's that are balanced just because you are winning through skill that they can't conceive because they are dragged down by DotA.

^^ Is it true that the maker of DotA isn't even in control of the map anymore? I mean back when it had a cinimatic begining and stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.