1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll has begun! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

DotA Project

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by 3PIC3NT3R, May 7, 2008.

1. kaosxoul

kaosxoul

Resources:
    Resources:
    :slp: " Bah-weep-grah-nah-weep-ninni-bung! " :slp: - I hope you know what that is .. LOL

My ICQ ID is - 484-224-459 . :cool:

2. Lestat(br)

Lestat(br)

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This Is Such A Creative Map, I Cant Wait To Join It!!!
    [/irony]

3. Razorbrain

Razorbrain

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you missed a [irony] tag, so i presume you are being serious

otherwise, why would you even bother to post if you werent interested? to increase postcount?

4. Saishy

Saishy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Incredible how many peoples want to join a generic dota map and no one replys to my topic T.T

5. Razorbrain

Razorbrain

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah, i have questions regarding the heroes

amount of skills?
    highest level?
    and will they have different attack types?

6. 3PIC3NT3R

3PIC3NT3R

Resources:
    Resources:
    @ kaosxoul; Dead.oK

sounds nice, i'm very interested in ur help
    i dont have icq but xfire and teamspeak (maybe ill get icq soon)

@ Razorbrain

the things i write here are just ideas if you got other ones post them here...

attack types:
    the creeps have different attack types but all heroes have hero dmg and armor
    REASON: imagine that u play 1on1 and u have Pierce/Heavy and ur enemy has Magic/Normal --> imbalanced

max level:

===30===
    1x 1 LVL passive non-hero race ability (from beginning)
    3x 8 LVL ability (needs lvl 2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16)
    1x 4 LVL ability ULTI (needs lvl 10/15/20/25)
    1x 1 LVL ability MEGA ULTI (needs lvl 30)

EDIT: i should copy this into my first post...

7. kaosxoul

kaosxoul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lack Of communication

Dude get yourself something like ICQ or Yahoo or what not .. :hohum: .. I cant communicate using just the forums dude :angry:. :thumbs_down:

Try getting ICQ cause the other dude is also here... :cool:

and make it fast. !! :sad:

8. 3PIC3NT3R

3PIC3NT3R

Resources:
    Resources:
    i hate ICQ and usually use xfire but ill get it today ...

EDIT: 360-632-974

9. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Hello, i would like to join, i am a spellmaker very skilled with GUI and able to do very complicated spells with JASS. I added you in ICQ 3PIC.

10. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey

I would like to join this project im not very good at gui or jass but on my last project i was labedl as a Hero maker i've tryed making my on aos 3 times 2 times my group fell through cus of other games like wow and hellgate third time i just coulden't do everything my self but im really creative and hard worker i have hundreds of ideas just not enough skill to bring them to life so i would very much like to join you;re team what is you're xfire name? mynes gamerzer0

11. Formula1

Formula1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you have any plans for balancing, heroes and spells?

12. 3PIC3NT3R

3PIC3NT3R

Resources:
    Resources:
    redscores maybe for vjass spells, terrain, balancing, ideas
    i do engine, spawns, balancing, ideas

its not fixed yet

13. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I could help with some heroes if I find the time and maybe some items, I might create some systems for your AoS, I have an idea for the layout of the map.
    View attachment 28391
    The black arrows indicate the teleport paths. When the two forces clash at the green square, they clash (duh) and whoever wins will be teleported to one of the two points whichever is closest to their base.
    So what do you think? lol

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  14. 3PIC3NT3R

3PIC3NT3R

Resources:
    Resources:
    the thing with the crossed lanes is fixed yet (think so)

15. abriko

abriko

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You should work on it for sc2 ^^ ... if you want to create a Dota, you just need 2 or 3 years if you are working well, are you still want to work on warcraft 3 ?

16. 3PIC3NT3R

3PIC3NT3R

Resources:
    Resources:
    if dota will be continued in sc2 other aos maps in wc3 have a chance^^

EDIT: it seems like redscores and I use 2 lanes now

17. gamerzer0

gamerzer0

Resources:
    Resources:
    so

so may i join you? im availible at all times of the day right now every day

18. abriko

abriko

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dota war3 won't disappear if Dota sc2 is released...
    And the problem is not dota, if players don't play to others Aos, it's because the others suck a lot !

19. marven15

marven15

Resources:
    Resources:
    I feel like joining you guys. I like making hero ideas/stories/histories thus typing messages in tooltips is my hobby :p. I would say that I still have a long way to go in writing in english but I can make a not impressive but atleast nice, clean tooltip(I'm pertaining to the grammars not the text color :p). I am also fond of doodling in the trigger editor. I have an amateur knowledge in both GUI and JASS(Yay!). If you want to see my first JASS work, click here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=667784&postcount=63

PS: I'll be busy for the next two days due to my final exams. But after that I will be free for about two weeks or so. ^^ PM me if yo want to add me in your team.

20. Razorbrain

Razorbrain

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    okay, have already an idea for a hero(have worked out the stats for the skills, just seeing if you like the concept :p)

Name : Saldoth Darkblood
    Hero : Sinner
    Model : Death Knight / Arthas (Undead)
    Primary Attribute : Strength
    Background:
    Saldoth Blueblood was his name before the beauty came into the picture. Not the beauty of a person, but the beauty of a thing. He might not have been a very nice person, or thoughtfull for that matter, but that is what he would later regret for the rest of his life. One day, when visiting a witch out in the woods, Saldoth managed to see a rare gem inside the witches house. The reason he was there was becouse he needed a potion, but this gem was so magnificent, it was almost calling for him. He stole it, unknowing of the curse that had been laid upon the marvelous piece of jewelry. The owner of the gem would sooner or later become corrupted by his own mind, causing disaster to the mentality of the owner. However, this was later to become a power rather than a illness for Saldoth. The corruption of Saldoths mind has now allowed him to manipulate his belief in the seven deadly sins into powerfull spells, among other things.

Skills:
    * Rage of Pride:
    Saldoth can't stand to lose a battle, and goes into a rage of survival, defending his pride as a true champion. Saldoth will gain increased Attack Speed and Movement Speed depending on how much life he has left to lose.
    * Aura of Gluttony:
    Saldoth spreads a feeling of gluttony around himself, making enemy heroes feel bad about themselfs. Deals damage to nearby enemy heroes depending on their current health.
    * Greed:
    Saldoth becomes greedy but with a good conciousness(sp?), increasing the amount of Gold gained from each kill while dealing damage to himself for each kill made. Killing Heroes will cause the Gold Increase and the Damage Taken to be 10 times larger.
    * Ultimate : Envy Strike:
    Using his own feelings of envy, Saldoth strikes the target with a normal Melee attack with increased power. The bonus damage dealt will depend of the Life difference between Saldoth and his target. Cant go below 0 damage(which would heal).
    * Mega Ultimate : Wrath of Saldoth:
    The need for vengence grows within Saldoth, forcing him to begin an assault of incredible power. Becouse of the strong emotions within Saldoth, he will also hurt himself when attacking. For a short duration, Saldoth gains Bonus Damage and Splash, while dealing Damage to himself.(Was thinking like 100 Bonus Damage, 50% Splash, 50 Damage to himself and a duration of 10 Seconds)