• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA experience as 3D Designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The definition of a Mod is overly vague when it comes to WarCraft III - a custom map is in essence a mod. DotA is probably even more widely known that WarCraft III itself, and it is related to WarCraft III - considering this is about 3D Design, most of DotA is WarCraft III looks, so it's not odd they add that as a Mod.

[off-topic]
League of Legends will probably not change anything - it's different than DotA, I don't really like it that much- especially because how it is made at the moment (beta stage), I don't find it amusing to have a process running in the background with no system-tray icon that is the game. There is an interface that is loaded and you join a game, then this interface disappears and Adobe Air boots up. Then Adobe Air just vanishes and after a few seconds -wham- you're in a game.
[/off-topic]

It's pretty obvious Blizzard has support for DotA- when the new patch was coming out, it was not released before IceFrog had the updated, working version of DotA ready.

League of Legends will probably not change anything - it's different than DotA, I don't really like it that much- especially because how it is made at the moment (beta stage), I don't find it amusing to have a process running in the background with no system-tray icon that is the game. There is an interface that is loaded and you join a game, then this interface disappears and Adobe Air boots up. Then Adobe Air just vanishes and after a few seconds -wham- you're in a game.

Adobe air's just something used for its framework. I guess you could say it's sorta like java or steam.

Level 9
Why Why, Dota is so overestimated, for more ppl warcraft is dota
i remember like 2 years ago, i was on a mmmm cyber cafe? i dont know how to spell it in english, and i was playing Wow, and when a guy from my school said, "look, what a copy of Dota" when he pointed the class icons from wow

there are so better proyects than dota but in my country (Chile) the most played map on the best bnet server of our contry is Dota, there is no single hosted proyects on the hive that are quite good (RotG, Vampirism Nightmare, Diablo 3 Warcraft, etc.)
So im doomed to only play Dota(just because i say it overestimated that doesn't means that i dont like it) and some ORPG, (Twilight passed out, now it's on mmmmm i think guild of hyppos)

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.