1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

DotA Players Dota 2: Techies Mine Blocking

Discussion in 'Legacy Social Groups' started by Licheus, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I made a Techies mine blocking tutorial with real pictures (in colour!) that you can look at. :-}

http://imgur.com/a/Ccqjt

As with most techniques in Dota 2 this is of course highly situational. I just provide you with a broader toolkit for your Techies, something that the hero definitely needs. When you want to utilise this is up to you.

There are already mine blocking tutorials on them intranetwebz, but I made this one because I felt that they were not as instructive or complete as they could've been.

The tutorial is for Dota 2 but of course you regular DotA players could also jump in on the discussion.

Please add what goes through your head when reading the tutorial. Is something unclear? Should I have approached certain aspects from a different angle? More general stuff like: Why do you think this would never be viable for instance? I really would like to see Techies picked more. For that to happen people have to understand his strengths, weaknesses and limits better, right? So these kinds of discussions are always valuable to have. =)

2. mogulkhan1Axe

mogulkhan1Axe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Very impressive man gotta say if u could do any more it would be great (for other heroes and different stuff)

3. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you. Like you'd like to see guides for different heroes with tips and tricks in the same style or what? Sure there are some other things I could do like Earth Spirit creep denial by pulling them into trees and stuff like that that would probably be helpful for people to know. It takes a while to do a guide of this quality though with everything double-checked and so on, so that'd be in the not-so-near future then. =)

I uploaded this one here first because I wanted some feedback on it before going on to upload it on a larger scale. Please guys keep commenting about anything that goes through your minds when looking at this, it really would help a lot.

4. mogulkhan1Axe

mogulkhan1Axe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    For me if i think of something sure i will but for now i dont play much dota or thinking about it got some real life stuff but soon as i think of something i will let u know

5. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, sure. Thanks for commenting to begin with. =)

6. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very nice guide, lots of analysis as always from you. Please make more! :D

7. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you! Yeah maybe I will make more actually. Maybe something on blocking and dewarding the more important creep camps such as the pull camps. There have of course been many guides on that from other people, but I feel I could be clearer, invovle the exact spawn box lines and so on. That would be helpful to a lot of people I think.

8. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Indeed. And maybe some jungling guides.

9. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know how much I could add in addition to the good jungling guides that are already out there.

Here are some of my personal favourite jungle guides:
    Jungling Doom (dire jungle):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79kckYCVIfQ
    Jungling Lycan (radiant jungle):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe0EnfnUq3k

And the following two videos are just interesting because they demonstrate very well how you can start in the jungle/utilise the jungle but still be helping your team, not just AFK farm:
    Natures Prophet:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-T_7si_GY8
    Crystal Maiden:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzDMyD-9Tgs

10. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. mogulkhan1Axe

mogulkhan1Axe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    nice dude i upvoted it and left a comment as gavra5000 :p

12. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, thanks! :)

13. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, hey, forgot. I see, those are nice jungling links. And wow, 756 upvotes. Haha. :D Too bad I don't have a reddit yet. I actually started to read the weird comments.

14. Licheus

Licheus

Resources:
    Resources:
    =D
    Yeah I didn't have a reddit myself before but I figgured it was a good place to put a tutorial like that. Thanks for investing your time in this guys.