• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell -- DoTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi

i dont know if this is the right place to ask ... but i ve seen quite some topics about spells, here in the Jass/ trigger area

i like to play DoTa (despite its imbalances and bugs)

some of the heros of DOTA ( v 6.62 ) are the Goblin Clockwerk (looks like of those small goblin clockwerks spawned by the Poket Factory from Tinker hero ) and Goblin Techies

the DOTA version, the Goblin Clockwerk and Goblin Techies have some lovely spells
1) Lay Mines
2) Aoe stun trap (easily recreated)
3) Remote Mines (plants a mine and detonatrs at a distance)
4) Suicidal Squad Attack ( the Kaboom spell from goblin sappers)
5) the Shrapnell spell from goblin clockwerk

i d really like to use some of these for my goblin clockwerk hero.
or at least, to recreate the Lay land Mines and Remote Mines

i m not that good to recreate these 2 spells.....
is there any place to download them ?

NOTE: i want to use them for my own maps, for LAN for me and my pal
with the proper credit beeing given ofcourse, on the starter screen

Level 18
So you need help making an ability for "land mine" and "remote mine"? Like the ones from DotA? Both of them are extremely basic spells lol. "Remote Mines" doesn't even require triggers.

Level 4
i made a goblin land mine spell.
found the goblin land mine item, turned it into a spell that is castable, BUT it does no damage !

and there is no damage status in its list of attributes either !!!

i think i m gonna need a trigger to get it to explode and do actual damage (also need to make it scale with each of the 3 levels)

how do i write that trigger?

Level 4
yes, i found that ability and i m trying to get a trigger running so that when i place goblin land mine and an enemy walks near it ( or over it) it explodes with aoe dmg

but i cant find the action to trigger an aoe explosion with x dmg...

moreover, i need to make it scale with each of the 3 levels

Level 13
Noo...

That's not the idea..

The goblin land mine UNIT has 2 abilites.

1. Death when nearby enemy units pass
2. AOE damage on death

Just edit the second one in the ability editor and create the landmine unit you need.

Then tell the lay mine ability to use that u nit.

Level 4
i m on it right now :)

but here is a weird thing...when my hero places the mine, it actually places 2 !!!

first is a material, solid one....but the second one is translucid !!!

what gives ?!

Level 11
Just go to the object editor >> spells >> CTRL+F >> Type "Item Place Goblin Land Mine" and there you have it. Just edit the stats like the "Item ability - False" "Hero ability - True" and the damage and lvls and so on. There you have the land mine that are placed.
I can trigger and set up the "Remote mine like in DotA with the Detonate Spell which detonates the Remoted mine.

Level 4
yes thansk alot !!!!

its pure gold !

i m importing and using it now :D

many many many thanks :D
WICKEED ! :D waay too much fun :p

think its my mad scientist part coming out :p

now off to disect the way this trigger works, so i can make new spells :p

Last edited:
Level 4
nice :) thanks alot!

i ll incorporate it :D

(after i m done with the Goblin Clockwerk hero, i ll gladly send you the map :D)

Level 4
actually, it aint that much of alterations.
there are no fancy effects or such.

the novelties lie in new custom heroes i made:

1) human ..... blood knight - blood elf paladin with drain mana instead of devotion aura
2) orc .... magnataur chieftain
3) NE .... Moonkin ( after the owlbear model) sam tallents as keeper of the Grove, but with starfall instead of Tranquility
4) UD .... Legion Warlock ( Eredar diabolist model) has Drain Life, SIphon Mana, Rain of Fire and Doom
5) Goblin Clockwerk ( the hero you re helping me with :D) ... will have Cluster Rockets, Goblin Land Mine ( once i get rid of the stupid delay in detonation...), Oil Spill (spills some oil on an aoe area, slowing movement speed and attack speed by 5/ 10/ 15 % while enemy is in the oil....D) and as ultimate talent, that lovely Remote Mine detonation of yours, i think...

Level 4
for LEAKS

Hello T

i attached one of my maps ... + the model for cutom heros

when and if you can, feel free to test it for leaks .....:)

i m curios thanks

Attachments

• TEST4leak.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.