• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DooM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I think it's a game that don't need to be introduced. Now i intended to revive it.

I have started the project in the early summer of this year, now it's "engine" part is almost done.

The game features 1st and 3rd person views, an easy way to save and load games with Game Cache.
5 difficulty levels from "I'm Too Young to Die" to "Nightmare". Point and click aiming mode, like in InstaGib. 6 weapons, all from the original doom, including the favourite of many, the shotgun, as well as the devastating BFG. Almost all monsters from the original DooM (not doom3), and some new.

Since i have the original doom, and some utilities for it, i have ripped many sound and gfx files out of it, so you'll meet a lot of familiar things.

Very soon, a demo will be released, featuring two maps.
I'll link the demo at this forum as soon as it's done.
(Expect it around the next week)

What I need is some skinning assistance.

Anyone who feels up to the work can do me some skins for the following monsters:
-Baron of Hell (Doom Guard)
-Pinky Demon (Felhound)
-Cyberdemon (Flesh Golem)
-Imp (Satyr)
-ArchVile (Eredar Warlock)
-Zombie (Zombie)
-Fat Zombie (Abomination)

Anyone who's interested in it can post his work, and i'll choose the best of them. If anyone needs pictures of these monsters i can mail some.

Level 5
Some images from the Alpha Test (engine test)
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Any suggestions or comments are nice

Level 5
The engine is 90% done and the in-game menu is 99%, now i'll begin with the mapping soon.

Yes, it uses some TToR models, and some other models DLed from this site. Perhaps i'll DL more.
If you think your model or skin will be good for this map just link it, i'll take a look at it, and i'll put the bests in the map (i'll choose by the similarity to the original doom).

All used models or skins will get creidit (there's a creidits menu point in the main menu, so players can look at the creidits anytime)

Status
Not open for further replies.