• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doom3 for Warcraft3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
doom3.gif

I'm now working on conversion of Doom3 for Warcraft3.

The development is in very early phase. First map - Mars City 1 should be finished in several days (the terrain and triggers are completely finished, I'm looking for some futuristic doodads and skinning original ones).

doom3screen1.jpg

doom3screen2.jpg

doom3screen3.jpg

doom3screen4.jpg

When I'll start works on MC Underground, I'll have to decide, how to solve shooting. I found two possibilities (you may suggest new one):

1) Items in inventory casting abilities
This was used in my map
Mushroom-pickers.

2) Scrolling abilities
This one should use three abilities - Scroll Left, Scroll Right and Fire. Scroll arrows will remove actual Fire ability and add new one - for next or prev weapon. I never tried to make this...it is only an idea.

Both have problems with rapid fire - you have to press keyboard shortcut and the immidiately right-click on enemy and repeat this many times.

There is also problem with models - there are not enough suitable models for enemies. There is an list of enemies from Doom3 with possible models:

ArchVile:?
Cacodemon:RightField's Beholder
Commando Zombie:?
Chainsaw Zombie:?
Cherub:?
Guardian:?
Hell Knight:?
Imp:?
Lost Soul:RightField's LostSoul
Maggot:?
Mancubus:?
Revenant:?
Sabaoth:Siege Tank with zombie attached on it:p
Tick&Trite:Spider
Vagary:pit Fiend
Wraith:?
Zombies:pleasant
Z-Sec:Marine or Hellish Hybrid's Zombie Marine

As you can see...it is relly bad :?

I found a way how to import doom3 models into W3, but this method is useful only for static models and models need retexturing :evil:

Sounds are used original, so the conversion sounds very good.

I also don't know, if it is necessary to include PDA functions such as E-Mails or Audio logs. Size of one map is even without them approaching 10 megs. :shock:

Icons for weapons are finished:

icons.jpg

(Screenshot from ZME)

The camera hangs over Doom Marine's shoulders and you navigate through mouse (similiar method is used in ClonesVsDroids map)

And...it is for this time all :D

Level 5
I started making a DOOM mod for W3, and i still have the map on my HD, so if you want to have a look at it, jut pm me.

It features 3rd person / 1st perdon view (1st person is quite bad as the camera moves up and down according to the nearby cliffs and stuff), ammo system, 6 original doom weapons (pistol, shotgun, chaingun, rocket, plasma, BFG), menu system, save/load system (singleplayer only) and a half-done map, and some enemies.
I stopped the project because i wasn't able to normally link my maps to a single campaign due to some bugs on my comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.